J Sick

New Oregon Basketball Court

looks like a duck flew over it and left a splatter of crap.

however, i like the idea and am looking forward to see how it looks on TV.

This would be a lot better and more special if it was a one time thing or for big games? IDK. Still cool but not regularly.

You're suggesting having 2 courts? One for regular games and one for big games? Huh?

I think its pretty cool. And hey it could be worse. The could have painted the whole thing blue . . .

Those are letters - it's the logo for the Matt Arena.

I thought that said "O MATT".

Strange. Expected from Oregon.

This court looks atrocious. Will their uniforms keep with that theme?

Gonna try and see this in person when I go to Eugene in a couple of weeks for the Oregon-Arizona game. I'll reserve judgement until seeing it in person.

Most of the time, i'm for the traditional when it comes to courts, but this is actually fantastic. Maybe this will start a very subtle "Pro Combat" style of graphics when it comes to floors. Think Gator skin in Florida's paint, or a very subtle turtle shell in Maryland's 3pt lane. If done right, it could bring a whole new design element. It's genious, but only IF done right...

Kudos to Oregon for breaking the mold and going for this...

I see the image of looking up from deep in the woods

it's creative and all

but

still...kindof an eyesore and a bit of a stretch to make that into a court

unless you're looking from the exact center and directly overhead, you won't get the full affect

...I think I like it. I like the worn-out look. The only thing I don't like is the men's 3-point line is hard to see near midcourt.

I agree with most of you for the fact the 3-point line is hard to see at the top of the key, trying black or yellow would work I think. But I love the creativity because you don't see it on courts. I mean Oregon has the wildest uniform sets of the last decade and into the next one (which I for one like), so why not try something out of the box where no one has really tried it before?

...I think I like it. I like the worn-out look. The only thing I don't like is the men's 3-point line is hard to see near midcourt.

It's not meant to look "worn out."

I Love it! I would like to see Kentucky make a special floor depicting the Kentucky Derby and Bourbon.

Most of the time, i'm for the traditional when it comes to courts, but this is actually fantastic. Maybe this will start a very subtle "Pro Combat" style of graphics when it comes to floors. Think Gator skin in Florida's paint, or a very subtle turtle shell in Maryland's 3pt lane. If done right, it could bring a whole new design element. It's genious, but only IF done right...

Kudos to Oregon for breaking the mold and going for this...

Subtle turtle shells + the black/gold alternating piping that's on the jerseys for the lines on the court = amazing.

A brilliant idea. Would've liked the shade to be as dark as in the image, though. Can you say coming to a NBA arena near you? Something like that would work for the Timberwolves.

Why must everything Oregon does be an eyesore.