NFL Expansion Design

The Fixer

Aviators isn't a horrible name, but as an Omaha native, I'm not completely sold on it.

What about Bombers or Aces - something a little more aggressive? The flight concept is decent, but Aviators seems like an old-timey name and makes me think of the Wright Bros.

Along those same lines maybe "Barons" would be good. Sounds menacing and still involves flight.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I'm back with #2. I plan on getting a final update for #1 up very soon.

Lexington Warhawks

First off- I didn't pick the name or city. I had a few other ideas but a friend came up with this and I thought it was better than anything I had. I know Lexington isn't an ideal city of the NFL, but keep in mind that I am adding 8 so they aren't all going to be the best. Apparently warhawk is an old political term and the definition fits for an NFL team and the city.

I thought it would be cool to add a little bit of uniqueness to the NFL, thus the color scheme. No one has it and it looks cool. I had the mizzou and west virginia pro combat uniforms in mind while making the colors. I wanted it to be that dark. The NFl could always have another lighter version but this is how I'm doing it. I love missouris' helmets and thought it would be cool for an NFL team. I don't know if you can see but the helmet has a stripe like WVs' pro combat. The helmet is matte and the decal is shiny. I know its a little "out there" but with 8 new teams the NFL would try to create some separation.

I had the logo mostly made before realizing it was getting close to the Eagles, hopefully I changed it enough by now. I like the secondary. it takes a shape from the primary and turns it into a lightning bolt that conveys 'war". The wordmark is simple and powerful. So that is what I was going for. hopefully this doesn't get torn to shreds :D

(thanks go out to davidson for his helmet, and undead for the cool presentation idea)

lexingtonprimarylogo.png

Secondary // Wordmark // Helmet

Any ideas on where to go for 3?

Salt Lake City? :D

I like both of your teams so far, I especially like Omaha. Nice colors and the logo is well designed. Keep up the great work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I will definitely do Salt Lake city if I can find a good mascot for it.

I thought I'd get more response on this. In the meantime, here is #3.

Bismark Nokotas

The Nokota is the state horse and a symbol of North Dakota. And it has a pretty sweet name. From the pictures I've seen, their hair falls like in my logo. I picked the colors because no one uses green and blue and there is no one with kelly green (it may look a little dark because of the presentation). I decided not to do a secondary on this one. The logo needs something but I don't know what. Please CC! :)

bismarklogo.png

Wordmark // Helmet

Any ideas on where to go for 3?

Salt Lake City? :D

I like both of your teams so far, I especially like Omaha. Nice colors and the logo is well designed. Keep up the great work!

Seconded.

A suggestion or two (or 3) for Salt Lake City/Utah's team name:

Bucks/Stags (deer are prevalent just about everywhere--and I mean everywhere--in the state)

Stars (honoring the first major-pro team in the state, the ABA Stars)

Hornets (the Beehive state)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Bismark Nokotas

The Nokota is the state horse and a symbol of North Dakota. And it has a pretty sweet name. From the pictures I've seen, their hair falls like in my logo. I picked the colors because no one uses green and blue and there is no one with kelly green (it may look a little dark because of the presentation). I decided not to do a secondary on this one. The logo needs something but I don't know what. Please CC! :)

FYI, it's spelled Bismarck.

Names for Salt Lake/Utah:

- Cutthroats (Utah's state fish)

- Elks(state animal)

Other cities to consider:

- Birmingham Hammers (inspired by state bird, the yellowhammer)

- Milwaukee Hogs (motorcycle inspired)

- Oklahoma City Bison

I've got some more nickname ideas to add for SLC/Utah:

- 96ers: honors year Utah became a state, 1896.

- Mavericks: homage to former Governor of Utah (1949-1957) and mayor of SLC (1959-1971), J. Bracken Lee, whose nickname (one of many) was "Maverick".

- Pioneers: homage to early Pioneer settlers of 1847.

- Seagulls: Utah state bird

- Senators: SLC is capital of Utah

Bismarck is pretty good, definitely like the colors! Good job!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The SLC Stormin' Mormons?

And for the Nokotas, do you really want 3 NFL teams with names/logos referring to horses?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Instead of Bismarck, I would recommend going with something more generic like "Dakota" for the name... it would allow for a greater fanbase in that you would be able to draw from both North and South Dakota, not to mention, Bismarck is centrally located, but the most populated part of North Dakota is the Eastern part of the state, with Fargo and Grand Forks and the 2 major universities NDSU and the other one.

Thanks for all the name suggestions. I got some great ones out of there, and some of my ideas were repeated.

I definitely need to work on the Nokotas some more. The identity and the logo. I may move the city (my original intent was to draw a fanbase from both but feedback said that Dakota Nokotas didn't sound right). And yes I think I do want 3 teams with horse names. 3/40 isn't bad and Nokotas is rpetty unique.

i would just get rid of the shield. right now it really looks incomplete and imbalances the logo. Also I think the mane needs some work. It needs some tweaking so it flows better. Other than those two things it is an huge improvement over the previous version though.

EDIT: i just noticed this, but the head by itself looks sort of like a doberman to me.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived