NFL Expansion Design

The Fixer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Los Angeles and Toronto are the best so far, but CJay has a Portland Huskies design, and now you have one. Putting aside the purple colors that both of your designs have, I just don't get the rationale behind placing an NFL team in Portland, Oregon and then naming them the "Huskies" all things considered. I mean, they have the Timbers (it fits with the region), and the Trailblazers (it fits with the region as well). I would think if you wanted the Portland team to have purple and silver, the nickname "Mountaineers" would work better than the Huskies ever could (purple mountain majesty, and all that).

wow-great CC thank you. "Purple=Gross", gotcha

I really wasn't expecting that good of a response (here and from friends) on Toronto. I thought it was my worst but apparently not. Jaha-I'll take another look at it but I added the leaf because the head just didn't work on its own. Drakonius- the mountaineers were my original idea but couldn't get a logo going for that.

Try Slate Blue,Ohio State Red and a little Charcol Blak for the Huskies.

Or maybe use another adventurous colour to go along with the Purple(?)...

The other teams are awesome!

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

wow-great CC thank you. "Purple=Gross", gotcha

I really wasn't expecting that good of a response (here and from friends) on Toronto. I thought it was my worst but apparently not. Jaha-I'll take another look at it but I added the leaf because the head just didn't work on its own. Drakonius- the mountaineers were my original idea but couldn't get a logo going for that.

As Oregonians, we kinda hate the Washington Huskies. You kinda made them for a team based in our state.

I'm not trying to be Kevin W. here but come on...make the Portland Gridlock or Portland Roses or something else

instead of aviators,Omaha Flight would be considerable

Unlike in the MLS and the NBA, Aviators is more fitting than Flight- every single team in the NFL has a plural name (raiders, giants, browns), not singular (Jazz, Heat, Fire, Flight)

I hate singular team names.

87Redskins.png

• 1 month later...

I always like bumping this with an update but this time I'm stuck and need your help!

I really need help with the last 2 team names:

1 Mascot name for Oklahoma City

1 Full Team name for wherever

PLEASE help! :D thanks!

For Oklahoma city, or just Oklahoma

Outlaws

Desperados

For other cities and teams....

San Antonio Stars or Howlers

Las Vegas Knights

Orlando Dragons or Stars

Thought on the Names that come to mind...

Dragons, lends itself to really any color palette,

Knights, I like this for Vegas alot ,Gold royal purple, w/ B&W

Stars, was last used in the USFL but again fits any color palette

Howlers, a bit arena league but coyote and moon logos. It could look very good

Black & white should be used, it's a great color combo. It'd fit in well obviously for San Antonio (Spurs)

I really need help with the last 2 team names:

1 Mascot name for Oklahoma City

1 Full Team name for wherever

Oklahoma Bison

Oklahoma Marshals

As for other locations:

Norfolk Commodores

Alabama Hammers (inspired by the state bird, the yellowhammer)

Not to take anything away from the guy who mentioned "Stars" for Orlando, but "Stars" would be a good fit for Utah, as an homage to the state's original pro basketball team's name.

Either that, Gulls, Wolves, or Rockets (named for the ATK rocket testing area north of Ogden).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Oklahoma Bobcats

Oklahoma Coyotes

(the two most common big cats in OK)

Vancouver Sharks

I know that most would say "we don't need another big cat in the NFL!" but honestly, that's why there are so many. They are perfect NFL identities. "Sharks" is also a name that is really great for the NFL. We have the dolphins, so why not the Sharks?

I would also say you should put a link to each team in your first post. It would make seeing a little easier.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Oklahoma Bobcats

Oklahoma Coyotes

I could be off base here, but the bobcat is not classified as one of the 'big cats' as it is only about twice as large as your average house cat.

I'm also pretty sure the coyote is not classified as a 'big cat' but for different reasons, the most obvious of which is that it is a canine.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Some really good ideas. Thank you, I'll try to start working now.

I have this wildcat logo that I made, but realized it looks a lot like the Hamilton TigerCats logo and it's not nearly as good. this is the first draft and the colors are just random. I probably wont use it anyways though

wildcat.jpg

Tigerstania.png

Oklahoma Bobcats

Oklahoma Coyotes

I could be off base here, but the bobcat is not classified as one of the 'big cats' as it is only about twice as large as your average house cat.

I'm also pretty sure the coyote is not classified as a 'big cat' but for different reasons, the most obvious of which is that it is a canine.

Hey now... I was just... SCARY ANIMALS. B)

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived