NFL Expansion Design

The Fixer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go with San Antonio. Just take inspiration from the city seal for the logo:

citysig1.gif

San Antonio Missions could work. Not really sure what imagery you could use other than the Alamo though. Maybe a stylized, interlocking "SA"?

gYH2mW9.png

I really like the San Antonio Defenders. I think I'm gonna do that. i thought a pitchfork was pretty cool and working on a logo now

A pitchfork could look a little too similar to the Hartford logo, no?

You're thinking of another person's designs. He doesn't have a Hartford team in this series.

I'd go with San Antonio. Just take inspiration from the city seal for the logo:

citysig1.gif

San Antonio Missions could work. Not really sure what imagery you could use other than the Alamo though. Maybe a stylized, interlocking "SA"?

I thought about the Missions, but SA already has a Texas League Baseball team by that name.

Edit: This is there logo

SAmissions.PNG

t8ojkk.jpg24fhb3a.pngopr7er.png23tfsx.png

If you're gonna keep it to the US, I'd pick Salt Lake or Las Vegas. Those are two giant metros in the west without an NFL team.

If you're gonna go international, consider Vancouver or Mexico City. Personally, I'd love to see pro team expansion into Mexico. The NBA, MBL and NHL all have a mix of US-Canada teams, why not some in Mexico?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

OK, here it goes

Norfolk Defenders

The last team in the series :). Defenders fits because of the Navy in Norfolk and the fact that Norfolk is on the coast. Just sounds good. I decided to go with a trident logo because I thought it'd be unique and cool. I think it works. I got the silhouette roughly from a clip art logo I saw. I have 2 helmet ideas. I think the members here will appreciate #2 more because it's unique. I chose dark blue, white, and silver as colors because I think they fit the naval aspect. The primary also make a D

norfolkprimary.png

Secondary// Wordmark// Helmet// Helmet 2

Thank you for all the community help through the series. So happy I finished this. Now I;m looking forward to working on other projects. :)

edit: I know some of these I need to go back and fix up or redo the secondaries or wordmark but I'm not sure I want to do that right now. I'd need some convincing. Maybe later

OK, here it goes

Norfolk Defenders

The last team in the series :). Defenders fits because of the Navy in Norfolk and the fact that Norfolk is on the coast. Just sounds good. I decided to go with a trident logo because I thought it'd be unique and cool. I think it works. I got the silhouette roughly from a clip art logo I saw. I have 2 helmet ideas. I think the members here will appreciate #2 more because it's unique. I chose dark blue, white, and silver as colors because I think they fit the naval aspect. The primary also make a D

norfolkprimary.png

Secondary// Wordmark// Helmet// Helmet 2

Thank you for all the community help through the series. So happy I finished this. Now I;m looking forward to working on other projects. :)

edit: I know some of these I need to go back and fix up or redo the secondaries or wordmark but I'm not sure I want to do that right now. I'd need some convincing. Maybe later

I like the idea here and the more flowing trident...but just looking at the logo I don't think it's clearly evident what it's intended to be. Having the middle prong of the trident separated from the rest of the prongs adds confusion to the logo. I hope this makes sense.

One other thing. I woulnd't have a different version of the trident as the secondary mark. They just don't match IMO.

gYH2mW9.png

• 1 month later...

Las Vegas:

Sidewinders

Gamblers

Vaders (dim for inVaders) and no, not Darth Vader!

Posse -yes unfortunately it was a CFL franchise that folded, IMHO it was one of the best nicknames for the city.

Glitz

Bandits

Express

San Antonio:

Tejanos

Vaqueros

Gauchos

Diablos

Armadillos

Salt Lake:

Lightning

Sting/Stingers -Utah is the Beehive State