All MLB Caps

kevinmets

capz-3.jpg

Did I get all of them?

I didn't go pre-1950s, and I may not have gotten every Orioles bird variation, but I think this all game-worn caps, BP/ST excluded.

If I missed any, or any of these WEREN'T game worn caps (not sure about the yellow Brewers ones), please let me know.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're missing all of the Mariners hats.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

The Phillies had a solid blue cap in 1994.

Also, the Mutts had a white cap in the late '90s (don't remember what year.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also missing the post Moter Bame Brewers cap, and at least one Giants cap - the "SF" changed at least once along the way - at least when the set was redesigned when Pac Bell opened. It went from rounded to jagged-edged.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Phillies had a solid blue cap in 1994.

Also, the Mutts had a white cap in the late '90s (don't remember what year.)

97, if memory serves.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

You're missing the old time Cardinals caps, like the navy crown/red billed ones with the solid red 'STL'.

Your best resource would be to go to Dressed to the Nines and just look through the entire uniform history for each team. It may take awhile, but it's your best shot at being as accurate as possible.

Yeah, it looks like what you've got here is less a graphic of all MLB caps and more a list of all the caps currently available for sale.

And for the record, those gold-fronted Brewers caps were worn on the road from 1970-1977 and 1978-1987, respectively.

I don't think the second incarnation of the Senators ever wore the block W cap - didn't they go right to the Walgreens logo?

capz.jpg

Did I get all of them?

I didn't go pre-1950s, and I may not have gotten every Orioles bird variation, but I think this all game-worn caps, BP/ST excluded.

If I missed any, or any of these WEREN'T game worn caps (not sure about the yellow Brewers ones), please let me know.

Padres had a 1972 road cap with a gold crown and brown bill:

enzo_hernandez_autograph.jpg

In 1972 they also broke out the first variation of the brown cap with the yellow triangle panel - in the center picture of Clay Kirby, note how the edges of the yellow field go back to the area above the ears:

4c429d13240d1.image.jpg

In 1974, the Padres made the yellow field smaller, see Randy Jones in the above pic (upper left corner). The cap at this time was brown and gold.

In 1980, the Padres added orange trim to the brown and gold cap. You have an example of that, though that cap's "SD" on the front is incorrect. It should look similar to the font used in the examples above

That second row seems to have most teams' WORST in it.

The Braves is HORRIBLE, as are the Orioles, Mets, Phillies, Astros, Brewers, Dodgers, Rockies, Padres, Black Jays, Rays, Angels and Athletics. The bottom Diamondbacks could be one of the worst on the whole chart though.

87Redskins.png

and at least one Giants cap - the "SF" changed at least once along the way - at least when the set was redesigned when Pac Bell opened. It went from rounded to jagged-edged.

The Will Clark/Kevin Mitchell Giants' set changed to the Barry Bonds Giants' set in 1994 - that's when the hats changed from rounded to jagged-edged. The cream jerseys replaced white jerseys in 2000.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I added most of the changes you guys mentioned (see top post). Didn't see the Padres post until after I already posted.

I don't know how I've been on this forum so long without ever knowing about the "Dressed To The Nines" page, so thanks for that. Very helpful.

Could not find a picture of a white Red Sox cap (or anything saying they wore one?)

Also still trying to confirm/deny whether the all-purple Rockies cap and gold-brimmed shooting star Astros cap were ever game worn.

And I believe the Senators wore the block-W cap for 1 or 2 years before switching to the Walgreens-W.

Archived