All MLB Caps

kevinmets

I added most of the changes you guys mentioned (see top post). Didn't see the Padres post until after I already posted.

I don't know how I've been on this forum so long without ever knowing about the "Dressed To The Nines" page, so thanks for that. Very helpful.

Could not find a picture of a white Red Sox cap (or anything saying they wore one?)

Also still trying to confirm/deny whether the all-purple Rockies cap and gold-brimmed shooting star Astros cap were ever game worn.

And I believe the Senators wore the block-W cap for 1 or 2 years before switching to the Walgreens-W.

Gold brimmed Astros hat was game worn. When they switched their navy alt jerseys from the "Astros" wordmark to the gold star on the left chest (not sure what year off the top of my head), they started wearing those caps.

And also, now that you've added the previous single 'M' cap for the Brewers, you should also probably add the home cap from that era, which had the white 'M'.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added most of the changes you guys mentioned (see top post). Didn't see the Padres post until after I already posted.

I don't know how I've been on this forum so long without ever knowing about the "Dressed To The Nines" page, so thanks for that. Very helpful.

Could not find a picture of a white Red Sox cap (or anything saying they wore one?)

Also still trying to confirm/deny whether the all-purple Rockies cap and gold-brimmed shooting star Astros cap were ever game worn.

And I believe the Senators wore the block-W cap for 1 or 2 years before switching to the Walgreens-W.

The Colorado Rockies hat was game worn. The used it a lot on the road during the Shawn Chacon era (I say Shawn Chacon era because he's the guy that pops into my head when I think of the all purple hat) of the mid 2000's. I know for a fact they wore it during the 2004 season.

shawn%20chacon.jpg

shawn_chacon_2004_studio_plus_photofile.jpg

jNTsTyQ.png

The Rockies could own purple in MLB. Why they choose not to simply escapes me. Ditch the pinstripes, get purple piping (black trim around if if you must), use the purple cap, and there you have it. Add a sleeveless with purple undersleeves and that's even better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can someone post a bigger shot of the Angels' original "LA" logo? I've never seen it before but that pic is so small, I can hardly make it out.

hclaa62.jpg

I'll add the changes to the chart later tonight or tomorrow. I had to shop together the white Bosox cap, can't find an image of one by itself anywhere. Also still looking for a couple of the Pads variations.

Still looking for an image of this Padres hat by itself:

padresfunky.jpg

Can anyone help me out? I got everything else you all mentioned, but I'm gonna refrain from posting the new chart until I can find this one.

You're gonna have to lift it off the head of Zimmer I'm afraid. They only wore those things for one season and all the shots I've ever seen were on the tops of the players heads. They don't even offer those in the Cooperstown Collection, though it would be great to have one of these in the collection.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did wind up chopping the '72 Pads hat off a different shot of Zimmer.

As far as things like buttons and different shades of the same color, I feel like teams have changed those too much and they're minor details to most people, they don't warrant being counted as separate caps. I was on the fence about including the two different "SF" logos also, from afar they're barely distinguishable.

And I don't remember where I found the white Mets cap, either Google image search or eBay. Any hat I couldnt find on MLB, Lids, or Mickey's Place, was just from a search of those two.

And as far as the Yankees' NYs go, I'm only going back to the 50s, and most people consider the Yankees to have had the same set for so long, I think I'm going to just stick to the one.

EDIT: Chart has been updated again! See page 1

Fair enough. Your choice, but I think your criteria for inclusion are awfully arbitrary.

If you're going to the 1950s, you should include this one:

100A2V_CHC_F_1_compact.jpeg

But where exactly is your cutoff?

And again, you're really just listing the caps available for sale, which includes a Kansas City Athletics cap (blue with one red letter and one white) they never wore on the field.

Pretty sure (although not positive) that the 'Stros wore the gold brimmed caps with the Sunday navy jerseys.

Archived