FCS Football Concepts

Brave-Bird 08

::EDIT:: So, I've decided to make this an FCS football series. My first college football redesign focused on FBS teams. I feel like, however, that the FCS schools, as well as DII schools don't get the thunder they deserve. I'm going to do multiple FCS and DII concepts...especially for schools who don't field football teams. If anyone has an FCS or DII school w/o a football team, and you wan't to see a concept, holler!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kennesaw State Owls (possibly future member of CAA)

Kennesaw State has announced they are pushing to start a football team by 2014. So, I made them a uniform!

I've actually posted a KSU football concept before, but I put some extra work into this one. I went for a completely unique Adidas design. I know Adidas has that whole new tech-fit now...but I hate it...so this is assuming Adidas uses a more basic template 4 years from now...it's a concept anyways so who am I kidding? The uniforms are supposed to be interchangable on all accounts.

footballhome.png

footballroad-1.png

footballalt-3.png

Gorgeous concept all around, I can't fault it. As far as the adidas stripes go, they probably do look a little forced but when did that stop a manufacturer before?

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Wright State Raiders

For my first concept I did my own school, so I figured for my second I would do my twin brothers school! Wright State is located in Fairborn (Dayton), Ohio. Apparently they are called the Raiders, and use a wolf as a mascot, because "Raiders" refers to wild dogs that raid farms...idk...that's what one of the people I know from there told me. Someone check the credibility on that. Anyways...their official athletic colors are pretty awkward...but I know they have used a darker green and maize-ish gold for merch. So, I went with that. Also, I tweaked their running wolf logo just a tad, color wise. You will also notice I used pro style socks here...I likely will for most cold weather schools. And, again, all pants are meant to be worn with all jerseys.

homeuniform.png

roaduniform.png

alternateuniform.png

Georgia Southern Eagles (SoCon)

Even in the FCS you have traditional uniforms, and Georgia Southern might have the most traditional of them all (along with Wofford). Their uniforms are very much like Bama's. Numbers on helmet. Plain blue jerseys. Plain white pants. I wanted to keep their overall classic look while adding some elements to put them into the 21st century. I recolored their logos and used a combo of navy blue, gold, and grey to make the uniform since their athletic marks use navy and gold. the facemasks on the helmet are white.

homeuniform-1.png

roaduniform-1.png

roadalternateuniform.png

Excellent work on all of these! Kennesaw's is my favorite, no doubt, but I'm interested in the Wright State one as well.

Is the shoulder logo on WSU's a secondary logo of the school's? I'm used to seeing this as the primary logo:

logo_wrightState.gif

That has orange worked into the color scheme. I just asked a friend who is from around Dayton and she said it seems that this is the most recent primary. This or the simpler version without the "Ohio-shaped" block the Raider is perched upon, with just the wordmark "Wright State" and Raider head. I know they're both a bit busy for football uniforms, but they might be cool to see on the helmet.

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

that is their primary. both logos I used are partial logos from their main website. the running wolf is actually colored the same way as the primary logo wolf, but I changed it to green and yellow. Wright State's athletic merchandise, like sweathshirts and t-shirts, mostly use the paw logo in green and yellow. the official athletic marks, like the one you show, are a mess of a color...but not really represented in uniforms from what I've seen. It also seems to me the shades of green and gold they use do not reflect the color palette shown on the site.

Wright State University marks

Can you do one for my Alam Mater, Bellevue University? We are the Bruins and currently field baseball, soccer and basketball, but NOT FOOTBALL.

http://bubruins.com/

Personally, I really don't like the school's Bruin logo, as I think it feels weak.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Can you do one for my Alam Mater, Bellevue University? We are the Bruins and currently field baseball, soccer and basketball, but NOT FOOTBALL.

http://bubruins.com/

Personally, I really don't like the school's Bruin logo, as I think it feels weak.

Absolutely! I'll do it next. I attended an NAIA school for my first year of college, so I have a special place in my heart for those tiny sports programs.

upon request...

Bellevue Bruins (NAIA)

Here is a concept for the Bellevue Bruins of Bellevue, Nebraska. Their existing athletics participate in the Midlands Collegiate Athletic Conference of the NAIA, which, if you are not aware, is a seperate collegiate athletic association outside of the NCAA. This concept follows the identity of their basketball team when it comes to font and numbers. The style is a Russell inspired design...kind of based off the template Georgia Tech uses.

homeuniform-2.png

homeuniform2.png

roaduniform-2.png

All of these look really good! Kenesaw is definitely my favorite. Do you think you could do Georgia State? I remember you doing a logo concept for them but it would be cool to see some uniforms with your logos. Great Work once again!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived