NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling the Bears-Vikings game. The Bears throwbacks are superfluous and cheap looking (even for throwbacks!!!) and the Vikings uniforms are just bad. I think it was oldschoolvikings who said this before, but it's a damn shame that the Vikings throwbacks with the mismatched purples (and nasty looking grey facemask) still look better than what they currently have.

Da BEARS are definitely wearing their throwbacks

The VIKINGS are wearing their road white jerseys with PURPLE pants thumbsup.gif

Best uniform match-up of the week. I don't need to see the rest of the games.

Wouldn't look so bad if they wore white socks. Full legging purple tights does not a good football uniform make.

If they had white socks, wouldn't they look exactly the same? Do you perhaps mean, striped socks?

No, white socks and purple socks don't look the same. As is with the purple, it looks like purple spandex pants that extend down all the way to the shoe with white ankle socks. White socks up to the knees would help a lot more. With or without stripes may imprbe better, but simply just having white socks would vastly improve this look.

The Bears throwbacks are awesome... I don't know why. Block font orange on navy perhaps? :)

But those numbers are so damn thick that they remind me of the typical counterfeit jersey I see (sorry I went there).

Besides, I love the Bears uniform. They don't need to eff with a throwback.

It's where I sit.

The Bears throwbacks do look like cheap-ass knock offs. Horrible.

The Vikings look fantastic in their purple pants. While I do understand the argument against the purple socks, and I happen to agree with it, I still can't understand any argument against them making this their permanent road set.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And everyone else has 100s of posts commenting on his Cowboys post, or bashing him in general. You're not really better than him when you think about it. Of course, this is coming from someone who is not annoyed in the least by him.

When we think about it? :rolleyes: I guess we're just not as sophisticated and together as you are Vet. You should start a thread and teach us how to do things your way. We could all use some lessons on how to develop a massive superiority complex. :P

After all, we taught you how to piss. The least you could do is teach us some of your tricks.

BB52Big.jpg

And everyone else has 100s of posts commenting on his Cowboys post, or bashing him in general. You're not really better than him when you think about it. Of course, this is coming from someone who is not annoyed in the least by him.

When we think about it? :rolleyes: I guess we're just not as sophisticated and together as you are Vet. You should start a thread and teach us how to do things your way. We could all use some lessons on how to develop a massive superiority complex. :P

A single thread is simply not enough. I hereby ask CC himself to grant me my own forum on these boards. I would start my own "lesson" topics, and users could start threads asking questions and advice.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A single thread is simply not enough. I hereby ask CC himself to grant me my own forum on these boards. I would start my own "lesson" topics, and users could start threads asking questions and advice.

Can we block whole forums on this thing?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just confirmed with Chris - we're going to make it so that when you sign in, you'll be automatically redirected to my forum for your convenience.

Well, internet, it's been a fun ride.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And now without further adieu it's time for this week's episode of "Make Dennis Bergan's Head Explode."

Best looking games this week...

1. Jets - Browns: Two of the best uniforms in the NFL facing off. Perfection. Every NFL game should look as good.

Jets_Browns_Football.sff_75009_game.jpg

2. Rams - 49ers: Normally, I'm not a fan of dark pants but it works for a few teams. The Rams are one of them. Their colors are just perfect together. The Rams are further proof that an "updated" uniform doesn't have to be a disaster. The 49ers always look great. Even that idiotic NFL Network show on the top ten uniforms thought so.

Rams_49ers_Football.sff_75070_game.jpgRams_49ers_Football.sff_75087_game.jpg

3. Ravens - Falcons: This game makes the best list solely on the strength of the Falcons throwbacks. Those uniforms looked so good that a game the Ravens participated in still made the best of the week. That's saying something.

Ravens_Falcons_Football.sff_74824_game.jpg

4. Cowboys - Giants: Mismatched colors and all it was still a good looking game.

APTOPIX_Cowboys_Giants_Football.sff_75126_game.jpg

Worst looking games this week...(Luckily for us there was only one true disaster this week.

1. Vikings - Bears: What happens when you mix a hideous "modern" uniform with throwbacks that look like they stolen from a 6th grade football team in 1972? This...

Vikings_Bears_Football.sff_74951_game.jpg

That's a wrap. Be sure to tune in next week for another exciting episode.

BB52Big.jpg

Just confirmed with Chris - we're going to make it so that when you sign in, you'll be automatically redirected to my forum for your convenience.

Excellent. The anticipation will probably keep me awake all night. Are you giving fashion advice as well? I sure hope so. I've never shopped at American Eagle.

BB52Big.jpg

Today's fashion tip - "not sneaker" != dress shoe. It amazes me how many otherwise competent adults can't grasp this concept. I'll also argue that there's no such thing as a dress loafer.

I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling the Bears-Vikings game. The Bears throwbacks are superfluous and cheap looking (even for throwbacks!!!) and the Vikings uniforms are just bad. I think it was oldschoolvikings who said this before, but it's a damn shame that the Vikings throwbacks with the mismatched purples (and nasty looking grey facemask) still look better than what they currently have.

Actually, I don't think that was me (unless I was in a particularly grumpy mood that day). My choice would be to throwback all the way to the 60's. The Vikings uniform from 63 to 65 (see my sig) was as good as they ever did (although the current helmet is IMO perfect). Like the Falcons, the Jaguars, and the Texans, they got it right the first time and should've just left it alone.

And now without further adieu it's time for this week's episode of "Make Dennis Bergan's Head Explode."

Best looking games this week...

1. Jets - Browns: Two of the best uniforms in the NFL facing off. Perfection. Every NFL game should look as good.

Jets_Browns_Football.sff_75009_game.jpg

Honestly, I thought that was the fugliest game of the week. The Jets just have too much white and not enough green on the road unis, and the Browns are just plain drab.

My runner up for fugly was the Pats-Steelers. I love the Pats, but the navy blue side panels and pants are kinda dull and dark, and the socks, while I prefer those over ones that match the pants, are really plain.

Archived