Not Looking Good For Bonds

jkrdevil

Did I say "dense", no I didn't! I knew exactly what you were talking about. Somebody mistyped "Bonds" and put "Bands" instead. Then Fusebazell decided to call him a "tuba player". In that instance I thought he was making fun of Barry Bond's big cheeks. A lot of black musicians have "big cheeks" so they can play instruments like the tuba or trumpet. So how could you blame me for not thinking Fusebazell was being a little prejudice.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of black musicians have "big cheeks"

Are you saying that Baby's got back?

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

A lot of black musicians have "big cheeks" so they can play instruments like the tuba or trumpet.

so white people can't be afflicted with this condition?

They could but I automatically thought her was referring to him being "black". Sorry

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

actually, playing a brass instrument with your cheeks puffed is improper form.....the only musician i know of that did it was Louis Armstrong.

Another reason why I made the connection but as to my knowledge, he didn't play the tuba.

Retired Number's To Come

actually, playing a brass instrument with your cheeks puffed is improper form.....the only musician i know of that did it was Louis Armstrong.

Dizzy Gillespie as well.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

There's gotta be a Chappelle quote in here somewhere...

how 'bout it Toxic Twins, how was the show? DC's got 2 SOLD OUT SROs Tue/Wed here this week. *walks over to "the Lounge"*

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

There's gotta be a Chappelle quote in here somewhere...

how 'bout it Toxic Twins, how was the show? DC's got 2 SOLD OUT SROs Tue/Wed here this week. *walks over to "the Lounge"*

the show was great....hilarious, although dave was clearly pissed about a group of hecklers... (why the fluff would you pay to go see a comedian and heckle him from the back row?)

*Sigh* Don't you watch South Park? Black people don't play the Tuba. They play the bass guitar. (See Faith Plus One episode in which Cartman proves the theory that any black person can pick up a guitar and immediately lay down a bassline.) Sorry if this has offended anyone, but you've gotta know that South Park has offended just about everyone on one occasion or another, myself included.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I made it as a joke, when I posted that I wasn't even thinking of Bonds. The Tuba was the first instrument that popped into my head and I used to play the trumpet. Also, when you think of a tuba what do you think of? I think of a fairly muscular guy, so that is why I said a tuba player. I did not mean this to turn into a thread about me being prejudice which I am not. When my city hosted the Babe Ruth Tournament my family had the only 2 black players in the tournament stay at our house. So, all in all I meant it only has a joke, nothing racist about it.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

When my city hosted the Babe Ruth Tournament my family had the only 2 black players in the tournament stay at our house.

So that alone proves that you're not racist? Sounds like you're carrying that around to earn extra points.

Retired Number's To Come

When my city hosted the Babe Ruth Tournament my family had the only 2 black players in the tournament stay at our house.

So that alone proves that you're not racist? Sounds like you're carrying that around to earn extra points.

*/me does one of them Matthew Perry copyrighted gestures of disbelief with his hands over his head while yelling out "GAAAAAAHH!!!!"*

The topic of racist was non-existant to begin with. I have no clue why you are continuing with it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Dude, just stop already... I gotta start issuing monthly IQ test, those who fail are banned.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I skipped over this thread all day, but for some reason decided to read it now.

Holy crap that's funny! I can't stop laughing.....

it's getting so when i go back an re-read posts i skimmed, there's alot more when i stop to actualy sit down and read and digest it.

back to topic.

Bonds + BALCO = media mayhem. now toss in a little more MLB and NFL, then lightly sprinkle with some prospective Olympians, dig in and enjoy!

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Im not going to continue this arguement. If you wish to discuss it with me, take it up in a PM.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

you know, i tried to edit myself, but it didn't take....sorry chris, syphi and tank. [Apology accepted.]

[no longer awaiting edit]

bs2282, you took an innocent comment made by a kid and turned it into some personal slanderous term that NO ONE IN THE WORLD would ever think was a racist term. i sincerely hope that your everyday persona isn't as tactless as your board persona. i can't believe how upset you made me. as far as i know, fusebazell is a 14 or 15 year old kid who didn't mean to upset anyone with his comments (which i thought were rather funny), and you turned them around on him to make yourself look the smart guy.

[/no longer awaiting edit]

Archived