NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is something that I notice from time to time, and always mean to either research or post about here, but always forget by the time the game is over.

When the Eagles redesign 1.0 was released in 1996, they were supposed to wear green socks with the white pants, and black socks with the green pants. For some reason, I also think that the socks were really a home/road thing, with the green socks being worn at home (but only with white pants, not for mono games) and the black socks on the road (regardless of pants color.)

I've noticed this year that they've been wearing the black socks with the white pants at home, which makes me wonder if they even have green socks anymore. Anyone know if they've just ditched them altogether, and if yes, when?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is something that I notice from time to time, and always mean to either research or post about here, but always forget by the time the game is over.

When the Eagles redesign 1.0 was released in 1996, they were supposed to wear green socks with the white pants, and black socks with the green pants. For some reason, I also think that the socks were really a home/road thing, with the green socks being worn at home (but only with white pants, not for mono games) and the black socks on the road (regardless of pants color.)

I've noticed this year that they've been wearing the black socks with the white pants at home, which makes me wonder if they even have green socks anymore. Anyone know if they've just ditched them altogether, and if yes, when?

I don't know how accurate this site is " http://www.weirdwolf.net/FFP/2000s/2002.htm# but apparently they've been wearing black socks with white pants at home since 2002.

I don't know how accurate this site is " http://www.weirdwolf...2000s/2002.htm# but apparently they've been wearing black socks with white pants at home since 2002.

Interesting. I'd have thought that a change would have been in 2003 with the redesign, but that site is usually pretty good so I guess it was '02.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not sure when they changed, but I think the green socks should always be used with the white pants, both home and away. I also think the Bucs should wear red socks (both home and away), and the Panthers should wear the light blue socks with their light blue jerseys. I generally don't like it when teams wear black socks for black's sake instead of matching the jersey/dominant color of their identity.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

This was the ugliest game in my book:

rams.jpg

i really like both uniforms. in fact, the Falcons might be my favorites in the league. but what i dont like about this photo is the lighting. they're playing in a dome and all the colors look really flat. theres no dynamic shadows/highlights and the background always looks dull too. if this game were played outdoors, i think the colors and entire environment would be much more flattering to the uniforms. thats often the case in my opinion, but the Saints make it work with all their black

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This was the ugliest game in my book:

rams.jpg

I don't understand the hate for the Falcons current unis. They're arguably the the best looking ones in the league, in my opinion. And the Ram's one also looks pretty good its self.

Key words appear in bold. Those Falcons unis are awful, in the bottom five in the league, in MY opinion. B)

Piping, randomly shaped and colored panels...everything that sucks in modern design. All they need is a "unique" font and a logo above the nameplate.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I agree that there's nothing really "random" about the Falcons uniforms. If anything, the piping and paneling was pretty well thought out - especially the transition into the socks (it's nice how there are white pants designed to blend into both black socks and red socks, and they actually have a white sock for the black pants (though it seems that they may have dropped it for some reason.)) You could argue that there's too many pants combos, but not that it's "random". It's no more random than striping. That being said, I'm pretty tired of these uniforms, and if that happens in this relatively short period of time, then it's probably not a great design. I don't have a problem with the template or anything, but that logo is tired already and the number font and shadow effect need to go.

Ya know, I really dislike the Rams unis. The sleeve stripes are awkward and just look awful, and the stripes on the pants don't relate to the jersey at all. Not really a fan of the colors either, and the helmet is too old school and tired at this point.

Come to think of it, I'm starting to hate all modern uniforms. Vikes suck, Rams suck, Cards suck. Falcons are okay, I like what the Bucs have, if that's considered modern. I think these boards are seeping into my head.

Archived