EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

EBA-Team-Logos-by-Division_zps798b8332.j

PAGE 51 - A complete list of all 30 teams with their logos and uniforms.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/76762-eba-elite-basketball-alliance/page-51

I've decided to make my own fictional basketball league. Most of the cities are mid-market to large market cities that don't have an NBA team. A few may be in NBA cities, but use a different name (example: Washington would be DC).

The idea is that this league could co-exist with the NBA like the ABA once did.

Along with logos, I'm in the process of making jerseys and courts. Rather than just have the jerseys say "PLAYER" on the back, I've just chosen the name of a retired player from the past who has some connection to the city.

Above are the logos of the teams I've finished and I will update the list as I go.

So for starters, here is the league logo I've come up with. EBA, stands for "Elite Basketball Alliance".

61b4de60-173f-488e-b966-d953e37f0052_zps

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first team posted is the Albuquerque Fire. And before the comments on how similar it is to the Miami Heat pour in, I know. I wanted to make a logo with a ball on fire, but unfortunately the Heat beat me to it by 20+ years, but ah well. The logo is rather simple, but I'm working on making simpler logos since I can get carried away on details.

I've decided to also include some team/city/arena info. Were this a real team they would play at "University Arena" better known as The Pit. The Pit usually looks like a dump from what I've seen on TV (might totally be wrong), but I've heard that they did some renovating, so decided it can be the home of this team rather than the newer, but much smaller Santa Ana Star Center in a suburb.

The name on the jersey is Michael Cooper since he went to school at New Mexico.

FIRE.gif

The first team posted is the Albuquerque Fire. And before the comments on how similar it is to the Miami Heat pour in, I know. I wanted to make a logo with a ball on fire, but unfortunately the Heat beat me to it by 20+ years, but ah well. The logo is rather simple, but I'm working on making simpler logos since I can get carried away on details.

I've decided to also include some team/city/arena info. Were this a real team they would play at "University Arena" better known as The Pit. The Pit usually looks like a dump from what I've seen on TV (might totally be wrong), but I've heard that they did some renovating, so decided it can be the home of this team rather than the newer, but much smaller Santa Ana Star Center in a suburb.

The name on the jersey is Michael Cooper since he went to school at New Mexico.

FIRE.gif

I think with very little modification, you could turn the flaming basketball into an angry-faced flaming basketball. That would be pretty cool and even more unique to the Heat's logo.

nice start! i prefer the league logo with the details in it. I like the Fire logo set and identity, but i see two issues with it (and they're minor at that). 1) Your basketball should be facing the other direction so as to be moving "forward" and 2) I think you need a third color, one that's dark, to add some contrast. Right now the red, white, and yellow are competing for visual attention and it's making the logo and uniform set a bit muddled IMHO.

OD_Signature.jpg

nice start! i prefer the league logo with the details in it. I like the Fire logo set and identity, but i see two issues with it (and they're minor at that). 1) Your basketball should be facing the other direction so as to be moving "forward" and 2) I think you need a third color, one that's dark, to add some contrast. Right now the red, white, and yellow are competing for visual attention and it's making the logo and uniform set a bit muddled IMHO.

I agree with what gordie has to say. I would even try just replacing the red with a deeper red/maroon.

I would gear away from just adding a color, because it tends to be hard to balance more than 3 or 4 colors. (Look at the heat for example, their orange/yellow color is scarcely used in the uniforms.)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Thanks for the feedback. I chose to have it face backwards so that it matches the tilted angle of the words. I thought it would look better if everything is tilting the same to the right from bottom to top. But maybe I'm wrong.

My question to you is do you mean I should have more contrast between the red and the darker shade of red on the tail end of the flames? I'm not really the best when it comes to color combos.

I've changed the colors a little to hopefully make it less muddled. I lightened the yellow outline so there is more contrast between it and the red. I also darkened the darker burnt red color. Hopefully this is less muddled and easier on the eyes.

And to answer you're question, chickenfish, I did the bevel by hand (if bevel means the darker shadow on the words).

FIRE2-2.gif

The next team here is the Las Vegas Aces. I've actually posted the logo on here before (so sorry to those who have seen it if you were expecting something new), but I made jerseys and a court now.

The court is a two-toned court which you see a lot of now days.

The jersey is Larry Johnson since he went to UNLV for college. The jerseys also have a gradient on the sides. I know lots of people oppose gradients in logos, but I wanted to try it out on a jersey, and if any city can get away with it, I figured Las Vegas would be the one.

ACES-2.gif

The fire was great, but the Aces look awesome.

Couple of things I would change tho...

1. Maybe match the gradient on the short so that it's white at the top and gold at the bottom, to reflect the top.

2. Make the wordmark red on the home? I like the black, but maybe a red would make it more consistent with the road.

3. The last name on the road could be white.

Those are just slight things I noticed, but they might not make this set better.

Great work, look forward to seeing more!

I LOVE the Aces uniforms! The logos and jerseys are really well done. I agree with Hoopskid that you should flip the gradient on the shorts and make the road NOB white. I think it would look cool if you used the beveled "Aces" on the road unis, and made a black or red one for the home jersey. Also, I would put the "Las Vegas" on the baselines of the court on the back of the shorts, just so you don't have the same wordmark on the jersey and shorts.

Great work though, and I can't wait to see the rest of the thread!

Based on your feedback I made some changes. I reversed the gradiant on the pants so it reflects the top, and youre right, mcbannon and hoopskid, it flows better from top to bottom. I tried making the home wordmark red like hoopskid said, but it just didnt look as nice in my opinion. maybe i didnt pull it off right.

I made the wordmark on the pants say VEGAS now. LAS VEGAS seemed to long when I tried it. hopefully shortening it to vegas works.

right now the home and aways jerseys have a wordmark that is a different color than the numbers, so that is the consistency i was going for. although, i dont really know the rules to jersey making so maybe that doesnt matter. i also tried a beveled wordmark on the front jerseys, and it seemed too over-the-top.

so now my question is which red jersey is better? the only difference is the color of the name on the back of the red jerseys. the black name or white name?

one more thing. i will be away from home for the next 4-5 days so I wont be able to continue this thread or make any changes until the weekend, but i will check up on any feedback left between now and then...thanks

ACES-3.gif

Archived