EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brooklyn, Empire State, Manhattan and Long Island? Might be too many teams in New York State.

Designs are mind-blowing though.

You're right, there are a lot of New York State teams, but there are 4 California teams in the NBA and 3 Texas teams so I'll justify it that way. But hey, at least it would keep the cost of travel down if that counts for anything.

(does this mean I shouldnt even think about putting a team in Buffalo?)

It doesn't really matter that Buffalo and NYC are in the same state. They're like 6 hours apart. It would be like saying that it's inappropriate to put a team in Virginia Beach.

I did it on Google Maps...

NYC to VA Beach: 7 hr, 1 min.

NYC to Billsville: 6 hr, 50 min.

25yzwqg.png

Brooklyn, Empire State, Manhattan and Long Island? Might be too many teams in New York State.

Designs are mind-blowing though.

You're right, there are a lot of New York State teams, but there are 4 California teams in the NBA and 3 Texas teams so I'll justify it that way. But hey, at least it would keep the cost of travel down if that counts for anything.

(does this mean I shouldnt even think about putting a team in Buffalo?)

It doesn't really matter that Buffalo and NYC are in the same state. They're like 6 hours apart. It would be like saying that it's inappropriate to put a team in Virginia Beach.

I did it on Google Maps...

NYC to VA Beach: 7 hr, 1 min.

NYC to Billsville: 6 hr, 50 min.

Good point, Chicago. A team in Buffalo would probably belong to a division with teams in Ohio and better than the east coast. Although at this point I have no ideas for a team nickname for Buffalo and it all depends on how many teams I end up making total.

Hey we should all try and find a way to make this a real league.We could have college B-ball players that didn't go to the NBA play in it or something like that.

edit:Maybe a Tampa Bay team could work,a possible name could be the Swordfish.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Just no. Why would he copy a professional team's logo if this is HIS OWN LEAGUE CONCEPT?

It's a joke

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I love these concepts so far. Skyhawks is my absolute favorite. Aces are up there too. I would also love to see a Minneapolis team.

You've done a pretty good job of incorporating different colors. The Red, white and blue combo is far too dominant in sports, but you seem to have a nice mix.

I wouldn't mind seeing attempts at incorporating more browns and greens. Although I know those could be harder to pull off.

I love these concepts so far. Skyhawks is my absolute favorite. Aces are up there too. I would also love to see a Minneapolis team.

You've done a pretty good job of incorporating different colors. The Red, white and blue combo is far too dominant in sports, but you seem to have a nice mix.

I wouldn't mind seeing attempts at incorporating more browns and greens. Although I know those could be harder to pull off.

I dont know if brown will happen, anything's possible. I would like to have green again for a couple teams yet. So far, only the Condors use it.

...and GriffinsMarlins, if you have $100 million, a way to get arena leases, and a way to market the league, that'd be great! otherwise Im guessing this will be a concept league only.

Hey I was just kidding. :mad:

Okay, then post a " :P " or something. We can't sense sarcasm in your voice because...well obviously because you're not talking.

It's the basics of messege boards. Learn them! ^_^ <<<<<<<<See what I did there???

Sorry I thought the exlamation point was enough. I meant nothing by it, just a small joke. since this is the only message board Ive ever been on Ive never bothered with emoticons (is that what theyre called?) i'll try to be clearer from now on.

Hey I was just kidding. :mad:

Okay, then post a " :P " or something. We can't sense sarcasm in your voice because...well obviously because you're not talking.

It's the basics of messege boards. Learn them! ^_^ <<<<<<<<See what I did there???

Sorry I thought the exlamation point was enough. I meant nothing by it, just a small joke. since this is the only message board Ive ever been on Ive never bothered with emoticons (is that what theyre called?) i'll try to be clearer from now on.

Noooo, I wasn't freaking out at YOU jaha. I was freaking out at griffin's original post about making these real teams. Sorry for any confusion.

25yzwqg.png

ahhh! Ok. that makes sense. I gotchya now.

I was trying to come up with a new team logo and update old ones this weekend, but I seem to be experiencing some artists block.

So while we're at it, I am open to hearing any suggestions for team names. I cant guarantee that I'll use your ideas, but I might, as long as it's not a name like Iron Pigs or something like that.

I know I listed the potential cities awhile back, but here are some of the nicknames and the cities in need of a nickname at this point.

THESE CITIES ARE DEFINITES

Manhattan Mobsters

Connecticut Spirit (Spirits)

DC Generals

Greensboro/Carolina Flight

Anaheim (Diablos)

San Jose Conquistadors

Austin (Sixshooters/Shooters) Open to other 'western/outlaw-type' names

THESE CITIES ARE POSSIBLES

Providence___________ (Gunners or Iron. not sure if Iron works for basketball though since hitting iron isn't as good as a swish)

Cincinnati _______________

Indianaplos _______________

Buffalo _______________

Minneapolis/St.Paul _______________

Tampa/St.Pete (Jammers/Windjammers)

Omaha ____________

Tulsa (Cyclones)

El Paso _____________

Salt Lake (Saints)

LESS LIKELY

Boise...

Nashville...

The names in parenthesis are one's that Im thinking about using, but still on the fence about. So if you have any ideas for name (ideally something that represents the city/area well but it doesnt have to be).

Manhattan Mobsters

Connecticut Fishermen

DC Generals

Greensboro/Carolina Flight

Anaheim Grovers

San Jose Conquistadors

Austin Sharpshooters

Providence Gunmen

Cincinnati Sabres

Indianapolis Drivers

Buffalo Minters

Minneapolis/St.Paul Lakers

Tampa/St.Pete Freaks

Omaha Parents

Tulsa Oilers

El Paso Curtidores

Salt Lake Saints

Boise Treehuggers

Nashville Musicians

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I wouldn't put teams in Indianapolis, Minneapolis, or DC myself since they already have NBA teams there (and to a lesser extent, San Jose).

I agree. Though I like the idea of Nashville.

And you kind of have to use Boise to even out the divisions. You can't really have an entire national sports league have 80% of the teams in the east and only 20% out west. Or do you? Anyways, I'm exited for more concepts. And here are some suggestions:

Providence: Definately Gunners.

Cincinnati Royals. Please?

Buffalo Buffaloes. Wings could be cool.

Minneapolis Wolverines? St. Paul Elk? Something wilderness-y would be nice...

Tampa Bay Jammers FTW!

Omaha: Pioneers? Wanderers?

Tulsa Twisters.

El Paso: Desperados could work.

Nashville: Tunes? No, that's stupid. Just something music related.

Boise: Sherpas? Something mountain related.

25yzwqg.png

Archived