EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

Good ideas, guys. Thanks for your help.

I think I'll stay out of Indy and Minneapolis, maybe St. Paul can work, although I know it's the same market.

I kind of have to use DC because I have this George Washington concept and it doesnt make sense for any other city that I can think of, but as long as the team goes by a different name than the NBA city, it doesnt bother me as much.

I'll try to get some more cities out west, but since Im trying to stay out of already used markets to some extent, theyre arent a whole lot of decent-sized cities left out west.

Im really liking the name Buffalo Wings! With the flying aspect and the chicken wings, it seems perfect. and Cincinnati Royals sounds good because of its historic name, so maybe down the road I can do that one. I think a music theme for Nashville would be nice too, but just cant think of a good name now.

Pioneers has potential. if not for Omaha, somewhere. What about St. Paul Pioneers? (named after their newspaper. or is that lame?)

Swordfish and Jammers for TB..Im not sure which one. I want to use Jammers for some city and I already have a water animal in Florida with the Jacksonville Hammerheads, not that that really matters, it's just the kind of stuff that crosses my mind.

Tulsa Twisters actually entered my head too, AnythingChicago, but so many T's on the tongue had me thinking Cyclones instead. IDK.

and El Paso Desperados sounds awesome, but I cant help but think of the recent AFL team in Dallas when I hear that name. What about Renegades? or Banditos?

I dont plan on using names like Freaks, Parents, or Treehuggers, sorry Jahgee. I also dont understand Grovers. whats a Grover?

I like the sound of Austin Outlaws, but I thought Outlaws is overused, but I like the sound of it too, mcbannon.

I chose Flight over Flyers for North Carolina just because of the NHL team.

Some great ideas here!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo Wings has already been done, but you could whoop that in about 30 seconds.

1431.gif

Roller Hockey International 1997-1999

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Providence Pioneers

Cincinnati Hitops

Indianaplos Cruizers

Buffalo yeh i'd go with Wings too

Minneapolis/St.Paul Sotas abbrev of Minesota

Tampa/St.Pete (Jammers/Windjammers) Rim Jammers

Omaha Slammas

Tulsa (Cyclones) T-Birds

El Paso Riders

Salt Lake (Saints) Spinners

LESS LIKELY

Boise... Bombers

Nashville...Tunes

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Good ideas, guys. Thanks for your help.

I think I'll stay out of Indy and Minneapolis, maybe St. Paul can work, although I know it's the same market.

You have to make a Minneapolis or St. Paul team! I'm a Timberwolves season ticket holder, I deserve it. :(

Then I could at least pretend that there is a winning basketball team here. :lol:

St. Paul Sturgeon?

It could kind of pay homage to the Muskies.

Why not move the DC team to Virginia? Virginia Generals sounds pretty nice and rolls of the tongue better than DC plus on the aways you don't wanna have just "DC" on the front, and gets it out of the way from another major NBA market.

Something else to think about would be staying away from names like "Jammers" and "Slammas" because if you want your team to sound professional then make the name relevant to the city or state, not just for the sake of naming the team something pointless. No offence to foot fumbler for recommending those names. Just my thoughts ^_^

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Why not move the DC team to Virginia? Virginia Generals sounds pretty nice and rolls of the tongue better than DC plus on the aways you don't wanna have just "DC" on the front, and gets it out of the way from another major NBA market.

Something else to think about would be staying away from names like "Jammers" and "Slammas" because if you want your team to sound professional then make the name relevant to the city or state, not just for the sake of naming the team something pointless. No offence to foot fumbler for recommending those names. Just my thoughts ^_^

Good points, but I already put a team in Virginia called the Marauders, so although Virginia Generals sounds good and even makes sense, I dont know if Im up for doing all sorts of changing cities around this far into the project. Lazy? yes, I know :P. Plus, I already have teams in New York City despite the Knicks being there.

I do agree with you absolutely about avoiding names like Slammas, but I think he was just brainstorming ^_^. I dont mind Jammers since it could be short for Windjammers (a boat relevant to Florida in some ways and it has a double meaning which I always like) and they could have the boat in the logo.

Thanks to everyone for shooting your ideas at me and helping me brainstorm. Im still pretty picky about names since they are everything when it comes to marketing and branding a team, but youve given me some good ideas and I plan to use some of them. And if you have anymore ideas, let me know!

Funkatron, I think St. Paul is a good possibilty and you have the Xcel Energy Center, right? so maybe even using the old name Muskies like you said could work, or some fish or lake-related name.

Good points, but I already put a team in Virginia called the Marauders, so although Virginia Generals sounds good and even makes sense, I dont know if Im up for doing all sorts of changing cities around this far into the project.

I do agree with you absolutely about avoiding names like Slammas, but I think he was just brainstorming ^_^. I dont mind Jammers since it could be short for Windjammers (a boat relevant to Florida in some ways and it has a double meaning which I always like) and they could have the boat in the logo.

Ahh I see I see. I didn't know a windjammer was a boat so that would work in such an instance. but it just sounded Development League-ish to me since I wasn't aware haha. And not to add to your work load but in the first post you should update which teams you've done and which teams you have lined up so we can have a reference :P btw your work is sick i love them all so far dude

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

out west you could use a few canadian cities, calgary, edmonton, and vancouver, even seattle is an opportunity since the sonics are gone

I wasnt planning on going into Canada, just because I know hockey gets more attention in winter, but maybe I will dabble into a few markets if I need to. Not sure though

The next team is the Austin Outlaws. At first I was thinking of some other name for Austin, but mcbannon likes Outlaws and Austin Outlaws does roll off the tongue nicely, so it's the winning name. Austin also adds another team that can go in the Western Conference since the majority so far have been Eastern teams.

The logo does look similar to the Dallas Desperados, I know. This is actually a logo I did a long time ago of a full bodied 'outlaw' with guns over a star, but it needed to be simplified so I cut off the body, re-did the face and it ended up looking like this. I chose these colors because they are the colors of the Texas flag.

The jerseys were influenced by the Sonics jerseys and the player is Johnny Moore who played for the Spurs in the 1980s and attended Texas for college. How do they look? Do they match this teams style?

A side note: I am now posting the finished teams primary logos on the first post on the front page of this thread as JayLo suggested. I got the idea for the layout from CJWorks football league.

OUTLAWS.gif

OUTLAWS_jerseys.gif

Funkatron, I think St. Paul is a good possibilty and you have the Xcel Energy Center, right? so maybe even using the old name Muskies like you said could work, or some fish or lake-related name.

Yeah, Xcel is really nice. St. Paul Muskies doesn't quite have the same ring, but as I said, sturgeon does. But I honestly think most "S" sounding names would sound nice. If not for the Fury, I would suggest Stags.

OUTLAWS.gif

These look great! I certainly understand the reasoning behind the color scheme, but there are now 6 out of 12 teams that have blue. I know you were really iffy on it, but if there was any team to incorporate some brown or tan (maybe rust instead of red?), I think this would be it! Just a suggestion, you could always go back to this color scheme if it doesn't work.

Great logos jaha32, I just wanted to make you aware that I also used Austin Outlaws in my concept league. It does not bother me if it does not bother you, obviously, our logos are very different, and I just wanted to make you aware. Also, you mentioned that you were thinking about Buffalo Wings, that?s a name I?ve been tossing around too for my Buffalo team (I was going to use Braves but I don?t want to just reuse the Braves logo..). I will stay away from Wings if you are serious about using it and I will try to come up with something else. I am having fun watching your league progress, as I mentioned in a previous post, it?s a lot of fun seeing a different take on the same market.

My Outlwas logo

austin.png

Once again, awesome job man! The logos look great, and I really like the Sonics-style band on the front of the jerseys. My only suggestion would be to put the A logo above the NOB and put the primary logo on the pants. The area in the striping is big enough to bring out the detail, and the plain star is a little boring.

And thanks for using my idea on the name!

I really like this one but I would love to see that A logo used on the court

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Oh man... I love everything about these (especially the chest band) except the colors. I get that they're the colors of the Texas flag, but this set looks like something that belongs on a team from the east coast, not Austin. And they don't exactly evoke the "wild west" imagery you'd expect from a team call the Outlaws. I don't think you have a brown team yet and I can't get over how nice this package would look in brown and burnt (Texas) orange or perhaps some kind of gold (if you felt a need to downplay the connection to the Longhorns).

Archived