EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

As much as I hate the name (it sounds so WNBA) the logos totally make up for this. I really don't know how to describe how good this concept league is

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I hate the name (it sounds so WNBA) the logos totally make up for this. I really don't know how to describe how good this concept league is

I thought the same thing, but didn't say it because the concept really is that good.

I think a better (more creative) way you could have gone with the name "Spirit" would be to commemorate the Native American culture in New England and Connecticut, there are already the Pats and Revs to pay homage to the founding of America anyways. When I read the name I thought "wow, cool name, very creative" and got a dreamcatcher/indian type feel to it, but it's something i've seen before, like in the pats/revolution/cannons. I like it in the design aspects but the creativity could've been better.

I know it wouldn't make sense for you to just restart this concept but just what I thought it coul've been.

Too each his own. Can't win 'em all, but the Native American theme for the name Spirit is actually a really good idea that I obviously never thought of. Not being from the New England area, I dont necessarily think of Native Americans when I think Connecticut. Of course there were natives living everywhere at one time. I do think of Iroquois when I think of New York State, but not Connecticut.

I guess the overabundance of patriotic names in the northeast has turned you all into commies :P. Just kidding, but I dont think what I have lacks creativity, but it might not be totally unique either.

illwauk and Luigi, I totally agree with you about it sounding WNBA. I thought about that when I came up with the name, but to be honest, I think some WNBA teams have decent identities. and at least it's not as bad as the Atlanta Dream or Indiana Fever... I hope.

Wow. Just wow. This is your best yet. Great concept, beautiful render, nice work on the type. I love the dynamic nature, with all the movement and the way the stars are breaking out of the composition. I love this and have no complaints.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Here are the divisions so far. Teams in red are the ones that haven't been made/verified yet.

East

Metropolitan

Brooklyn Skyhawks

Empire State Monarchs

Long Island Claws

Connecticut Spirit

Manhatten Mobsters

Central

Columbus Fury

Louisville Racers

Birmingham Bees

Cincinnati Royals

Buffalo Wings Yeah, I know, not really in the central, but you would have to put them somewhere with all those NYC teams.

Atlantic Coast

Virginia Marauders

Jacksonville Hammerheads

Tampa Bay Rim Jammers

DC Generals

Carolina Flight

That's the East, here's the west...

West

Great Plains

St. Paul [insert team name here]

Omaha [insert team name here]

Tulsa Cyclones

Nashville [insert team name here]

One more team needed! Kansas? They're a basketball state.

Californian

Anahiem Diablos

California Condors

San Jose Conquistadors

Two more teams neeeded. San Fran and Oakland? Or am I missing something?

Southwest

Albuquerque Fire

Austin Outlaws

Las Vegas Aces

Salt Lake Saints

One more team needed!

So we're almost there jaha! :grin:

MAJOR EDIT:

I have tried to perfect these divisions this should work if jaha is willing to put teams in San Fran, Boise, and either St. Louis or Kansas City.

East

Metropolitan

Brooklyn Skyhawks

Empire State Monarchs

Long Island Claws

Manhattan Mobsters

Connecticut Spirit

North Atlantic

Columbus Fury

Louisville Racers

Providence

Cincinnati Royals

Buffalo Wings

South Atlantic

Tampa Bay Rim Jammers

Virginia Marauders

Jacksonville Hammerheads

DC Generals

Providence

West

Louisiana Purchase

Austin Outlaws

Omaha

Tulsa Cyclones

St. Louis/Kansas City

Birmingham Bees

Southwest

Las Vegas Aces

California Condors

Albuquerque Fire

Anaheim Diablos

El Paso (Renegades)

Northwest

Salt Lake Bees

Nashville (Tunes)

St. Paul (Pioneers)

San Jose

San Francisco

25yzwqg.png

Just wow... Great concept

I concur, this is a very nice design. I look forward to more of your work.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Northwest

Salt Lake Bees

Nashville (Tunes)

St. Paul (Pioneers)

San Jose

San Francisco

Please don't makes the Northwest another "catch-all" for teams that don't fit. We already have that in the NBA.

What are you talking about? The Northwest currently has 4 teams with a winning percentage above .500. And then there's Minnesota.

But I think San Fran, Salt Lake, and Nashville could be pretty good in real life. San Jose and St. Paul could do alright, too.

25yzwqg.png

Northwest

Salt Lake Bees

Nashville (Tunes)

St. Paul (Pioneers)

San Jose

San Francisco

Please don't makes the Northwest another "catch-all" for teams that don't fit. We already have that in the NBA.

What are you talking about? The Northwest currently has 4 teams with a winning percentage above .500. And then there's Minnesota.

But I think San Fran, Salt Lake, and Nashville could be pretty good in real life. San Jose and St. Paul could do alright, too.

:wacko: Geographically it doesn't fit. I said nothing about records. lol. How could I even make an assumption as to the success of a fictional division?! How did you come to that conclusion?

In the NBA, Minnesota should be in the central division with it's other natural geographic rivals. Instead they are stuck in the Northwest causing them to basically have the longest traveling distance in the NBA. They are in the Northwest because they needed to have the right amount of teams to even out every division. Because of the relocation, Oklahoma City now makes zero sense to be in the Northwest division. Just as Nashville makes zero sense in your proposal. Hence the "catch-all" statement.

Northwest

Salt Lake Bees

Nashville (Tunes)

St. Paul (Pioneers)

San Jose

San Francisco

:wacko: Geographically it doesn't fit. I said nothing about records. lol. How could I even make an assumption as to the success of a fictional division?! How did you come to that conclusion?

In the NBA, Minnesota should be in the central division with it's other natural geographic rivals. Instead they are stuck in the Northwest causing them to basically have the longest traveling distance in the NBA. They are in the Northwest because they needed to have the right amount of teams to even out every division. Because of the relocation, Oklahoma City now makes zero sense to be in the Northwest division. Just as Nashville makes zero sense in your proposal. Hence the "catch-all" statement.

Sorry. That was stupid on my part.

That is what makes making divisions very hard. I tried numorous combinations and none of them really worked. That was the best I could do. Obviously, you have to stretch geography a little bit with divisions. Take the Colts in the AFC South or Rams and Chiefs in the AFC and NFC Wests. If there was a way to make geographically perfect divisions, they would. But when you have a team in states like Tennessee and Minnesota far from any other metropolitan areas, you have to do what you can.

If you want to take a shot at aligning these divisions, have at it. It's not easy.

25yzwqg.png

Well, this is jaha32's league, ultimately it is his choice. If he wants to, he can decide to eliminate the conventional division and conference structure all together and go with something completely different.

For example, I thought of a way to eliminate the Eastern and Western Conference in the NBA in favor of a 5 division structure.

27289_345263606038_704646038_4127997_166438_n.jpg

A little bit better than this:

27289_345293076038_704646038_4128038_6230993_n.jpg

wouldn't you say?

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread.

Well, this is jaha32's league, ultimately it is his choice. If he wants to, he can decide to eliminate the conventional division and conference structure all together and go with something completely different.

For example, I thought of a way to eliminate the Eastern and Western Conference in the NBA in favor of a 5 division structure.

27289_345263606038_704646038_4127997_166438_n.jpg

A little bit better than this:

27289_345293076038_704646038_4128038_6230993_n.jpg

wouldn't you say?

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread.

You guys are really putting a lof of thought into this :) That 5 team divison for the NBA makes a lot of sense. Pretty good idea if only you could get a hold of David Stern now. (but from what Ive read he has bigger plans in European expansion??!? is this for real? I hope not. He should work on getting each team it's own personal D-League team first)

Anyways, I always felt like Minnesota has it tough being placed in the Western Conference, but then again, with Memphis and New Orleans in the same conference, it's West in name only, not geographically. And in the NHL, the overload of eastern teams puts Detroit in the west too, so Im not too concerned with it making sense geographically in my league here. I dont plan on having a city like Nashville being in the same division as San Jose or Salt Lake. They fit better with the likes of Birmingham or Louisville I think.

But back to this league here, I have thought about divisions somewhat, but not too much yet just because I dont know how any teams I will ultimately end up with. Maybe I will get burned out at 20, or maybe I'll never stop and end up with like 34. Who knows. And I agree with you, Funkatron, that Im not just going to put teams in smaller northwest cities, like Casper, Wyoming or Helena, Montana just to fill out the region. I even find Boise to be a little to small for this but they are on the fence. in the Northeast, I have five teams scrunched together around NYC and Connecticut as it is. If I were to make a Providence team that would really add to the list making 6 teams and messing with the conventional idea of divisions, but Im not worried. Maybe like baseball, one division can have 6 teams, another 4.

Also, I dont think my this league has to mirror the NBA in any way. Not divisionally, geographically, or even by number of teams. I could go with that 3 conference idea and have a northeast conference, a southeast conference, and a more scattered western conference. Maybe have a 3 team college world series type double elimination round robin championship.

I do know I should get more teams out west, but I dont care if it's as many as the east because the truth is, there's just more people out east, or at least more large cities. After LA, SD, Phoenix, the Texas triangle if you want to consider it west, Denver, Seattle, and the Bay area, there isnt a whole lot of megatropolises out west.

So I dont know, I guess the moral of this long essay is, "It's all up in the air." :P

Archived