jaha32

EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

Well, this is jaha32's league, ultimately it is his choice. If he wants to, he can decide to eliminate the conventional division and conference structure all together and go with something completely different.

For example, I thought of a way to eliminate the Eastern and Western Conference in the NBA in favor of a 5 division structure.

27289_345263606038_704646038_4127997_166438_n.jpg

I like it. But I'd swap Phoenix and Utah. It seems like Utah should be in the same division as their natural rival Denver rather than Phoenix, which really has no NBA rivals, but is firmly within Pac-10 country like the rest of the West Division teams.

Well, this is jaha32's league, ultimately it is his choice. If he wants to, he can decide to eliminate the conventional division and conference structure all together and go with something completely different.

For example, I thought of a way to eliminate the Eastern and Western Conference in the NBA in favor of a 5 division structure.

So there wouldn't be conferences? How would the playoffs work?

Well, I didn't want to hijack the thread and turn it into my own ideas for the NBA, but it may end up giving jaha32 some ideas to think about.

I did it a while ago, but if I remember correctly, it was a simple matter of the top 16 teams advancing, thus eliminating weaker teams in the current Eastern conference from getting in year after year. The divisions themselves are merely a tool to help establish regional rivalries, and to give teams accomplishments for winning the division. There may be other extra incentives involved with winning divisions as well. Home court advantage, etc.

As far as the All-star game?

The top two winningest coaches by mid-season get elected to create there own "Dream-Team," draft style, for the All-star game. This rewards the coaches by being able to select their "ideal" team. Creates interest as to "Who get's the nod, who gets the snubbed" by people who are qualified to determine talent, and eliminates stupid fans picking guys like Yao and McGrady. Let the fans pick the team names, colors and jerseys.

Well, I didn't want to hijack the thread and turn it into my own ideas for the NBA, but it may end up giving jaha32 some ideas to think about.

I did it a while ago, but if I remember correctly, it was a simple matter of the top 16 teams advancing, thus eliminating weaker teams in the current Eastern conference from getting in year after year. The divisions themselves are merely a tool to help establish regional rivalries, and to give teams accomplishments for winning the division. There may be other extra incentives involved with winning divisions as well. Home court advantage, etc.

As far as the All-star game?

The top two winningest coaches by mid-season get elected to create there own "Dream-Team," draft style, for the All-star game. This rewards the coaches by being able to select their "ideal" team. Creates interest as to "Who get's the nod, who gets the snubbed" by people who are qualified to determine talent, and eliminates stupid fans picking guys like Yao and McGrady. Let the fans pick the team names, colors and jerseys.

Interesting. What I don't get though, is - if the top 16 teams in the league make the playoffs, how would you determine seeding?

EDIT: Would it just be 1 vs. 16 and so on? (i.e. a one-sided bracket)

Interesting. What I don't get though, is - if the top 16 teams in the league make the playoffs, how would you determine seeding?

Exactly. At one point I thought maybe a point system based on strength of schedule would help level things more appropriately, but that seems pretty complicated for the average fan.

As like Defunct NHL redesigns, maybe if I bump this up, you'll make more so

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. At one point I thought maybe a point system based on strength of schedule would help level things more appropriately, but that seems pretty complicated for the average fan.

Maybe, what you could do is you get as many points as wins as the other team has wins and lose as many points if you lose as the team has losses

Maybe, what you could do is you get as many points as wins as the other team has wins and lose as many points if you lose as the team has losses

As like Defunct NHL redesigns, maybe if I bump this up, you'll make more so

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

I will make more for sure, but it'll be hard to keep up the pace I was posting earlier, so it might not be as frequent. Even if the thread goes back a few pages, I haven't forgotten about it and hopefully can come up with some fresh ideas (but I don't have many right now). Plus I was busy watching the Packers kick a$$! so I didnt get a lot done.

I would like to see a team named the Arachnids. I can think of a lot of possibilities that incorporate either webbing, or a spider that is integrated with a basketball. Thoughts?

You could do 2 8-seed brackets, with the seeding like college, where the #1 overall seed would be the #1 seed in the left bracket and the #2 overall seed would be the #1 seed in the right bracket, and so on

Where's jaha? I...CRAVE....MORE!!!! :P

I'm still around!! :D but yeah I havent had a new team up in a week now. Sorry to keep you waiting. I'm at work now, but hope to work on a new team when Im done here. I need to start making some new teams since I've pretty much posted almost every team that Ive saved on my computer.

____

Im not sure I like the name Arachnids, Funkatron. It sounds too "scientific" rather than an everyday word like spider. Spiders sounds cool though. although I dont know of any city that spiders pertain to, not that it has to.

Please don't do spiders. I'm Arachnophobic and I wouldn't be able to view this thread anymore... :-/

Please don't do spiders. I'm Arachnophobic and I wouldn't be able to view this thread anymore... :-/

Me, too, but it's not a big deal. It won't be very detailed. There was a recent thread with a team called the arachnids and it really wasn't that bad. It'll be fine. So deal with it! :evil: ( :P )

I was working on getting another team ready when I realized I haven't posted this team yet. Some of you might have seen this logo over a year ago when I posted this the first time and it hasnt changed at all since then, but now with jerseys. The jerseys are pretty basic. I wanted to go with a simple look with the addition of pinstripes since mobster suits usually have pinstripes so I had to put them on the jersey. The player is of course Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from upper Manhattan.

I know the teams from the northeast are really starting to pile up, but this should be the last one from that area for a while.

Although most logos on here are open for change, I dont really think I can on this one simply because logoman from this site was kind enough to print me a shirt with this logo so I dont want to change it from the t-shirt (thanks for the shirt, logoman, if youre out there. It fits perfectly!)

MOBSTERS-5.gif]

LOVE IT! My only complaints are that the script and numbers on the white jersey need a blue outline, you need to put an alternate logo on the seat of the shorts, and it needs a black alt. Or maybe black should be primary...

I agree with AnythingChicago on the blue outline on the home jersey, but I would keep the blue the primary road because it matches the logo. Great job once again, jaha!

I know the teams from the northeast are really starting to pile up, but this should be the last one from that area for a while.

]

Hey man, it's your league. You can have all eastern teams if you want.

Or perhaps the EBA could be an invitational league in which there are teams set up all over the US, but only certain ones get invited to play based on previous season performance. The ones that don't make it are sent to the "minor league." Perhaps with a shortened schedule? Just spitballing.

@Jaha

only because you're my favorite designer on this site. and because everytime I've seen this board bumped with a post of yours it's been like Christmas for me...

I DO NOT like this one. I'm pretty positive you actually modeled this after the Celtics logo. I remember seeing this concept logo before and you made that clarification.

If this was a "minor" league for the NBA, and this team was playing in or around Boston, it would be okay.

But, the idea of that logo being in Madison Square Garden bothers me. It kind of throws the concept out of whack. Everything else in here is so perfect! Even as an imaginary league, the perfection has been slapped in the face.

The logo is great! as a stand a lone. But the idea behind this one has me scratching my head. Also, the uniforms are a little on the boring side compared to your others, though I expected something clean and simple for the mobsters.

I know...I'veamazed myself by saying this.