EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, your design is pure excellence.

Might it be possible that we get a silver alt that says "Cincy"? Thanks in advance...

Ehh, that's kinda unprofessional don't ya think? "Cincinnati" could work nicely on a silver alt, though.

If the NBA can have "PHILA," "ATL," "PHX," "NOLA," "Rip City," and the iconic "The City" on jerseys, I don't see why "CINCY" can't work on an alt...

bYhYmxh.png

Once again, your design is pure excellence.

Might it be possible that we get a silver alt that says "Cincy"? Thanks in advance...

Ehh, that's kinda unprofessional don't ya think? "Cincinnati" could work nicely on a silver alt, though.

If the NBA can have "PHILA," "ATL," "PHX," "NOLA," "Rip City," and the iconic "The City" on jerseys, I don't see why "CINCY" can't work on an alt...

Touche. :grin:

We'll have to see where jaha wants to go with this...

25yzwqg.png

i think these are all amazing but I dont thnk it is necessary to have a basketball in every logo

You're right. They dont all need basketballs, but I personally like them to have basketballs if possible. I like the challenge of finding a way to incorporate a ball somehow. In the NBA 24 or 25 of the 30 have balls in the primary so it's definitely the norm. Off the top of my head only the T'Wolves, Bucks, Bulls, Rockets, and Spurs don't.

The jerseys set now has a gray jersey saying "CINCY". I liked the idea, MBurmy. It fits the old school jersey too like PHILA. The letters and numbers now have a thin outline too.

I know quite a few suggested I put the wordmark from the logo on the jersey, but I couldnt get myself to do it. I wanted to keep them old school and although a somewhat jazzed up wordmark fits the logo, I didnt think it fit the jerseys. This wordmark on the jersey is the only one Ive made so far that has each letter sitting on the tilt of an arch (like the Celtics and Bulls and jerseys from the past typically did).

The court logo inside the 3pt line is also slightly smaller, GeoTheo. I tried the C logo but to me it seemed like too many letters on court, although it probably wouldnt have mattered.

ROYALS_jerseys-2.gif

The floor is greatly improved, and I like the Cincy alt as well. Your league is solid, I love watching it progess. This latest set is different from a lot of what youve done before and thats a good thing. Maybe I'll get back to mine one of these days...

I think gold instead of silver would look sooo much better, it could make this the best looking team in the league, even in possibly the best looking league, concept or real, ever. The royal and gray look bland, especially with a basic looking jersey design. I think gold would take this design to the next level, and gold is what you think of when you think "royalty"

Also, i would swap the placement of the shorts and back collar logos

I think gold instead of silver would look sooo much better, it could make this the best looking team in the league, even in possibly the best looking league, concept or real, ever. The royal and gray look bland, especially with a basic looking jersey design. I think gold would take this design to the next level, and gold is what you think of when you think "royalty"

Thanks for the comments. I wanted them to use the actual colors or similar colors to the Cincinnati Royals of the 50s and 60s. They only used blue I think, but since it's hard to make a modern logo with just one color, I picked gray for the logo since it's the most neutral color, hardly even a color in my mind, and keeping it close to the real team. Gold probably would look nice, like you said, but I already have a Royal/king themed team using yellow and gold in the Monarchs, not that that completely matters, but Im trying to keep them separate. I might swap the jersey logos if I get around to it like you suggested.

Nice job again. The logos are great; as usual, the composition of the primary is very tight and well done. Of course, while I like the cleanness and simplicity of the uniforms, there is a sort of Cavaliers-esque disconnect, with a heavily stylized, modern logo clashing with a very simple and classic uniform style.

But I've looked over all the posts, and I understand what you're doing. So it's not that big of a deal.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks for the comments. I wanted them to use the actual colors or similar colors to the Cincinnati Royals of the 50s and 60s. They only used blue I think, but since it's hard to make a modern logo with just one color, I picked gray for the logo since it's the most neutral color, hardly even a color in my mind, and keeping it close to the real team. Gold probably would look nice, like you said, but I already have a Royal/king themed team using yellow and gold in the Monarchs, not that that completely matters, but Im trying to keep them separate. I might swap the jersey logos if I get around to it like you suggested.

The Royals used Red as a uniform trim color throughout the 1950s, both in ROCHESTER and in the Ohio city that they moved to. The team from Ohio also used Red in their later logo. Of the '51 World Champion ROCHESTER ROYALS I personally knew Owner/Coach Les Harrison, center Arnie Risen, shooting guard Bobby Wanzer and point guard Bobby Davies.

The Royals used Red as a uniform trim color throughout the 1950s, both in ROCHESTER and in the Ohio city that they moved to. The team from Ohio also used Red in their later logo. Of the '51 World Champion ROCHESTER ROYALS I personally knew Owner/Coach Les Harrison, center Arnie Risen, shooting guard Bobby Wanzer and point guard Bobby Davies.

That's great. But what does it have to do with the concept?

Thanks for the history lesson, but this may not be the best place for that.

25yzwqg.png

i think these are all amazing but I dont thnk it is necessary to have a basketball in every logo

You're right. They dont all need basketballs, but I personally like them to have basketballs if possible. I like the challenge of finding a way to incorporate a ball somehow. In the NBA 24 or 25 of the 30 have balls in the primary so it's definitely the norm. Off the top of my head only the T'Wolves, Bucks, Bulls, Rockets, and Spurs don't.

The jerseys set now has a gray jersey saying "CINCY". I liked the idea, MBurmy. It fits the old school jersey too like PHILA. The letters and numbers now have a thin outline too.

I know quite a few suggested I put the wordmark from the logo on the jersey, but I couldnt get myself to do it. I wanted to keep them old school and although a somewhat jazzed up wordmark fits the logo, I didnt think it fit the jerseys. This wordmark on the jersey is the only one Ive made so far that has each letter sitting on the tilt of an arch (like the Celtics and Bulls and jerseys from the past typically did).

The court logo inside the 3pt line is also slightly smaller, GeoTheo. I tried the C logo but to me it seemed like too many letters on court, although it probably wouldnt have mattered.

ROYALS_jerseys-2.gif

The C with the crown on the back kind of resembles UC's "C-Paw"

ROYALS_jerseys-2.gif

The C with the crown on the back kind of resembles UC's "C-Paw"

I legit thought that's what it was for a minute...

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Nice job again. The logos are great; as usual, the composition of the primary is very tight and well done. Of course, while I like the cleanness and simplicity of the uniforms, there is a sort of Cavaliers-esque disconnect, with a heavily stylized, modern logo clashing with a very simple and classic uniform style.

But I've looked over all the posts, and I understand what you're doing. So it's not that big of a deal.

Yeah I hear what you're saying about the disconnect with this one. As far as the Cavs, I really don't like their new jerseys especially since it doesnt match the primary logo in any way. They rarely have been using their beautiful primary this year which I dont understand. Ah well, they suck anyways.

That's great. But what does it have to do with the concept?

Thanks for the history lesson, but this may not be the best place for that.

Im actually liking that history lesson. Earlier I expressed interest in trying to make the colors somewhat similar to the real team and I didnt know they used red. I guess I didnt do my research. At first most of the pictures I saw were mostly blue jerseys or black and white photos. Now that I did another image search Im seeing a lot more red trim on some of the jerseys. It looks like they used both plain blue and also blue with red at different times in their history. So now Im left wondering if I should add red to this or not. I dont know if red would work in the primary. I think I'll leave it as it is.

..And Cincy4Life, that crossed my mind when I was making the C logo how the composition of it kind of matches the Bearcats and I liked that similarity.

For the first time I'm going way back and editing a team's jerseys and court. Something about the Hammerheads' jerseys wasn't working before for my taste (some might remember I even experimented with gradients on these jerseys :wacko:), so I changed the piping keeping the numbers and wordmark the same. I also wasnt liking the court I made previously, and have changed it to this. I am more satisfied with this look. I was slightly inspired by the LA All Star Game court with it's swooshy things on the baseline although my sidecourt here is much less wild than the All Star court.

HAMMERHEADS_jerseys.gif

Archived