EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it, but I would change the font you're using.

It's a custom font. What should I change about it?

Sorry, but I have always had problems when the name of the city is the same as another city of equal size. I originally thought you meant the Ohio one. Stuff like Philadelphia where there are others but unknown and small works, but if this were a real league people would get easily confused.

I'm confused. What do you mean by "I have always had problems when the name of the city is the same as another city of equal size" ? Do you mean in the same state? Ive read this a few times to understand and each time am more confused.

Sorry if I was not clear. I mean like saying Springfield is unclear because there are many Springfields with similar population. So, when saying Columbus it is unclear of witch state you mean. Sorry if I was unclear and it;s not a big deal too.

Sorry, but I have always had problems when the name of the city is the same as another city of equal size. I originally thought you meant the Ohio one. Stuff like Philadelphia where there are others but unknown and small works, but if this were a real league people would get easily confused.

I'm confused. What do you mean by "I have always had problems when the name of the city is the same as another city of equal size" ? Do you mean in the same state? Ive read this a few times to understand and each time am more confused.

Sorry if I was not clear. I mean like saying Springfield is unclear because there are many Springfields with similar population. So, when saying Columbus it is unclear of witch state you mean. Sorry if I was unclear and it;s not a big deal too.

What other Columbus has a population that even comes close to that of Columbus, Ohio?

Columbus, Wisconins - Population of about 16,000

Columbus, Mississippi - Population of about 25,000

Coulumbus, Indiana - Population of about 45,000

Columbus, Georgia - Population of about 190,000

And Columbus, Ohio has a population of about 787,000 and was the 16th largest city in the U.S in 2008. I think people will know which Columbus the team is from.

jNTsTyQ.png

What other Columbus has a population that even comes close to that of Columbus, Ohio?

Columbus, Wisconins - Population of about 16,000

Columbus, Mississippi - Population of about 25,000

Coulumbus, Indiana - Population of about 45,000

Columbus, Georgia - Population of about 190,000

And Columbus, Ohio has a population of about 787,000 and was the 16th largest city in the U.S in 2008. I think people will know which Columbus the team is from.

Alright Alright... Just forget I said that...

Made some updates. But now I need to find a color combo. I think I might like 2 best with the grayish blue, but Im not sure. I wanted to try them in Raleigh now that we've moved them out of Ohio. I chose Raleigh over Greensboro just because it's bigger, one of the fastest growing cities in the country, and kind of underrated as a potential sports market. I think it's time for a team in Raleigh, to finally use the city moniker rather than state, although as MC2 said, Carlina Flight might sound better off the tongue. Black and red seems good for Raleigh sticking with NC State and the Hurricanes, both in Raleigh, but with a name like Flight, I think blue is needed, although Raleigh natives might hate Carolina blue. Thoughts? Which number is best?

FLIGHT-1.gif

#1, and #4 would be my second pick.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

For my part, I'd say please don't fall into the trap of the "Location x = Color scheme x" fallacy. People do this all the time in concepts (i.e. Phoenix = 'sand', Pittsburgh = black and gold, etc.), and it seems to pop up distressingly often for the "Carolina" area. ("This team is in North Carolina? I simply must use a light blue color.") Also, there's no reason to assume Raleigh people hate Carolina blue (myself notwithstanding). As you said, the population is growing insanely fast, and large proportion of them are transplanted Yankees with no affiliation one way or the other to any college in the area.

I'd prefer a color scheme that played up the sky/plane dynamic. Maybe a sky blue, very dark purple (nighttime sky?), and silver combo.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Shoot...I guess the Greensboro Coliseum would STILL be empty in your plan (Please tell me Greensboro will get a team in a future concept).

Other than that, nice concept.

bYhYmxh.png

I'd like to see #2 with a silver plane and wordmark...I think adding silver as the second color with red as the third would help lessen the dominance of blue/red color schemes. And I think the faded grayish blue with silver would look sweet.

Archived