EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

I'm really not able to make suggestions or comments that haven't already been tread over. I love the design, especially the LeBron-era Cavs color-scheme (with the Blue as the primary more so than the red, there's a reason that alternate jersey was so popular).

For Omaha name suggestions:

Meat/Ranching theme:

Herd

Ranchers

Sizzlers

Barnburners

Rail theme:

Railriders

Locos

Steam

Boilers

Engineers

Exploring theme:

Frontier

Scouts

Pioneers

I like either Steam or Frontier. Steam could have a metallic grey and orange color scheme, and Frontier could have a green and ice blue color scheme (or something like that).

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some great ideas there! especially Kryptic's long list. I like Rustlers (I thought it just meant a rough and tough cowboy but I looked it up and it means 'cattle raider' so it fits the theme). I also like Railriders, Steam(ers), Barnburners, Locomotives, Engineers, and Scouts. Sizzlers is okay, but dont want to do Steers beacuse arent they the bulls whose balls are cut off?...I even like Express but I think that it's been used overused by real teams. Im not sure yet which one I will choos, but youve all given me some good choices. Thanks.

GeoTheo, I wasnt planning on putting a team in Iowa. Like you said Des Moines is smaller than Omaha and the metro area would make it the smallest market by about 300,000 so far, but the arena in Des Moines is very quialified so for the first time I am entertaining that idea in my head. no promises though. :)

Back to the Conquistadors, I kind of want to keep the blue just because 3 or 4 teams in the west already have red so I'd rather keep the blue than the dark red, athough I might just keep the colors even though it is somewhat similar to the Diablos.

My pace has slowed down a little bit, so I probably wont be able to post teams as quickly. There are still more to come, but I need to kind of take a break from time to time...maybe only one team or two a month.

That's fine. I'll savor every concept even more. This is a great concept series, jaha. You should be proud.

25yzwqg.png

I may be the only one on this, but when I saw the Conquistadors logo, I immediately thought of a mixture of the Lebron era Cavs and the recently retired Warriors logo. I think it is the colors in the basketball for the Cavs and the way the Warriors logo was a guy carrying a thunderbolt. I don't know that either of those things warrants a change or alteration, but just what came to my mind.

gyoung8.png

The colors are changed to black and yellow with a grayish tan outline. I dont know if it's as "western" as some had hoped, but I couldnt get myself to use brown as the primary color in this set. This color combo is unique to the EBA league so far. It also means 6 of the 12 teams have black to some extent, but I will try to not use black as much for future teams. I also added some logos to the jerseys.

dgnmrwrw, I started to change the angle on the cowboy, but after working on it I realized I would have had to start from scratch to do that, which I wasnt up for. Besdies, I think what I have is pretty good, maybe not awesome, but I'm ok with that.

Thanks for the help to those of you who helped come up with new colors.

OUTLAWS-1.gif

I knew this logo reminded me of another one:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=5565

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate it.

Somppi, yeah the Outlaws is very similar to the Desperados. I guess it's what the we'd get if the Desperados were forced to play basketball, wear Sonic-esque jerseys in Pittsburgh colors.

and gyoung, I dont remember exactly, but I think when I originally started on the Conquistadors I was influenced by the past GS Warriors. there are a lot of similarities.

I was planning on taking a break, but Ive been sick for the last few days which has given me more down time to work on the next team, so maybe I'll get a chance to finish it soon.

This idea for a team just came to me the other day so here is the next team: the Salt Lake Owls. Logo only for now, but jerseys to come later. I'm not sure if the Salt Lake area or Utah has a large owl population but I just went with it. This does mark the 3rd teamed named for a bird, but basketball is an aerial game so it makes sense. I tried to come up with a new color scheme, but am not sure. I hope there is enough difference between this and the Skyhawks logo. I think there is since this one is completely symmetrical. This is also the first EBA team not to have a basketball in the logo.

OWLS.gif

I really dig that logo! The colors are really nice too, I'm definetely a fan! As far as Owls go here, I think it works. There are some owls here (though I must admit, I've never personally seen one. Then again, I haven't personally seen a bear, either :P), and one of Utah's minor league baseball teams is the Orem Owlz (I hate the "z", too :P), so I think it works. Nice job!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Really like the look of it. And the colors are also nice. Something in the back of my brain makes me think that it's eerily similar to another owls logo I've seen, but I can't put my finger on it, and it may just be in my head.

Looking forward to the rest.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This idea for a team just came to me the other day so here is the next team: the Salt Lake Owls. Logo only for now, but jerseys to come later. I'm not sure if the Salt Lake area or Utah has a large owl population but I just went with it. This does mark the 3rd teamed named for a bird, but basketball is an aerial game so it makes sense. I tried to come up with a new color scheme, but am not sure. I hope there is enough difference between this and the Skyhawks logo. I think there is since this one is completely symmetrical. This is also the first EBA team not to have a basketball in the logo.

OWLS.gif

Fantastic. Very clean and dynamic, and a great use of colors. Yes, another blue team, but you made this one work really well.

I suggest trying a gray jersey with navy and yellow trim, just to change things up.

Just thinking, since Birmingham is already blue and yellow, why not try a deep chestnut-brown and gold combo for the Owls?

I think it would look majestic.

Dare I say this is the best logo of the series? It's so hard to tell, however, when you keep placing out marvelous designs. Keep it up, jaha. This stuff is awesome. Every time I see in the subtitle that there is a new team added, I rush my mouse over to click on it. Just fantastic stuff.

And I would keep the Owls' color scheme the same, but don't hesitate to post the suggested colors for comparison.

25yzwqg.png

Archived