EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the logos, jerseys and court.

The new color palette is awfully close to the Racers though. The previous colors felt new.

It's not the same owl, but I think the colors on this are striking. Perhaps something similar could work for this set?

barn-owl.jpg

While looking up other owl logos, I came across this is. A completely fresh and different color palette than anything you currently have.

http://lookseecreative.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/finalColorLogo400px.jpg

Olive green, brown, red for the pop color, and white. It may not be "bright" enough for sports branding, but I would find it refreshing.

Are you set on the current colors?

By far my favorite of the series. The logos are all great, and I really like the last one with the silhouette. The jerseys are sick...the design is really unique, and I like how you rounded the striping off at the shorts logo.

Overall, like I said, my favorite of the series. Keep up the incredible work, man!

Love the logos, jerseys and court.

The new color palette is awfully close to the Racers though. The previous colors felt new.

It's not the same owl, but I think the colors on this are striking. Perhaps something similar could work for this set?

barn-owl.jpg

While looking up other owl logos, I came across this is. A completely fresh and different color palette than anything you currently have.

http://lookseecreative.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/finalColorLogo400px.jpg

Olive green, brown, red for the pop color, and white. It may not be "bright" enough for sports branding, but I would find it refreshing.

Are you set on the current colors?

Firstly, the owl, I think that shade of yellow/gold is perfect and pretty much the same color as the first logo, which I thought was great. I think the dark green or dark blue work equally well, but I'd rather have that golden yellow over the orange. It does look pretty close to the Racers when I look closer.

As for the second logo, it really doesn't feel like a terribly good scheme for a sports team, but that's my opinion really.

8VvwoNps.png

While I still think the chestnut brown and gold colour scheme would have been nice, the sort of sea green and orange you have chosen is very unique, and makes it pop in a way I did not expect.

Very impressive set for the Owls. I think this is your most successful yet, considering how nice the individual parts of the identity look and how well they work together as a complete system. Love the uniforms, the updated colors are an improvement, and the silhouette/basketball logo is sublimely gorgeous. Nice work.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

By far my favorite of the series. The logos are all great, and I really like the last one with the silhouette. The jerseys are sick...the design is really unique, and I like how you rounded the striping off at the shorts logo.

Overall, like I said, my favorite of the series. Keep up the incredible work, man!

I know, the basketball doubling as the moon was a really nice touch.

I agree with the above statement. There's been countless threads where people create their own leagues, with all new identities and uniforms and such. But I can honestly say that I don't think I've seen one done quite as well as this. I've never posted in this entire thread, but I've seen all the teams and I'm quite impressed. Each and every identitiy looks like something that could be used for a new franchise right now. And to do that with, what, 20-some teams? It's incredible. Kudos to you sir.

Serious question-- have you ever done work for an actual sports franchise at any level? Because it definitely seems like you have.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Made a few small updates. The away jersey now says SALT LAKE and the alt. says OWLS. On each end of the court I replaced the owl head with the moon silhouette logo since that logo seemed to go over well with some of you. I didnt put it at midcourt, Somppi, because I like the primary best still there. I also lightened the blue a bit more and made it even more seagreenish (a little in the direction of the Dolphins altho darker) so Im posting the primary logo one last time with the the new color. Placed side by side with the Racers, the colors were somewhat similar but still different enough for me. I do feel pretty set on these colors now, Funkatron. I didnt want to go too crazy with a bizarre color-combo just for the sake of making it different.

eliasrappaport, I hear ya, but for me I like logos that form a simple outer shape such as a circle or oval. I think it's easier on the brain and eyes than logos with wild shapes all over the place. I intentionally started with an oval and chiseled away inward to make an owl in the shape of an oval.

CAB, I appreciate your comment. I have done a couple of projects for colleges and now defunct minor minor league teams, but it was 2 or 3 years ago when I was still somewhat new to logo design, and I've improved since then so I dont really even like those logos Ive done.

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

OWLS-2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived