EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you should really do Kansas City haha

we have an arena that the team could play in, and no NBA team currently. I think it would be a great fit.

I wasnt sure if I wanted to do KC, just because, but I am running low on possible cities that could be thrown into the western conference, so maybe. I havent even started the next team yet and am not sure of what the city and nickname will be.

bump

Yea, this series has been on a bit of a hiatus lately. Before I started this whole series I had it planned out to about 15-20 team/logo ideas. I hoped I would come up with some more ideas as time passed, but it seems I've hit that 20-some mark and the new ideas aren't flowing through my head like I hoped they would.

The other day I thought of a new team name - St. Paul Miracles. Now I need to come up with a logo for it.

GREAT WORK JAHA! Even if you don't do anymore this is the most complete fictional league I have seen.

I hope to finish my concept football league someday but I am just not inspired right now.

I hope you get inspired to do some more because this board has been dull lately.

Here's the primary logo only for the next team. My plan is to at least even out the divisions before I finish, whether it's 24 or 30 teams. I want to get it at 6 division since right now it's just 5. So I'm adding a Midwest team. I want to get the city name 'Saint Paul' in there too before it's done. Im not sold on any colors yet although I think these work. It's pretty basic.

MIRACLES.gif

For the first time, I actually don't like one of your logos. It's boring and uninspired. Maybe if you added the Saint Paul script as you said and put out some pretty sweet unis, you could make up for it.

Fair enough. I thought that might be how it'd go over here just because it's basicly just a script and ball. 'Miracles' is a pretty abstract name and I've been brainstorming for a while but nothing came to mind. I didnt want to go with stars or any thing like that to represent a miracle since I did that with the Spirit. My thought was that it could be one of the plain logos like the Pistons, Clippers, or Lakers. I really had no unique ideas I guess.

MC2, I agree with you that the name Miracles does sound WNBA (partly because the Orlando Miracle were a team once), but by attaching it to a city named after a saint/apostle, I thought it would totally change the imagery of miracle to a religious one and not something weird like Disney Magic.

I got the idea because I love the name Saint Paul Saints so much, but since it's already taken I wanted something else related. An angel is a good idea, sizemore. I thought about a halo but it's been done. I could do a sword because Paul's saint symbol is a sword, but a sword and a miracle dont seem to fit. I originally started on an idea of an old looking banner looking like the Dead Sea scrolls or something, but it ended up looking forced so I went back to simple as you see here.

Lately I've been thinking that in order to avoid all my logos looking similar in style, I want to start making simpler ones without necessarily having birds/lions/people, since the majority of the previous logos here are somewhat detailed.

Some of the simpler logos have a nice charm to them as well which is something I'd like to learn how to make, but I guess I missed the mark on this one.

As my pace has slowed down lately and I'm running short of ideas and inspiration, I've decided to take a break from this series for the time being. I do plan to start it up again and hopefully finish it sometime in the future, but if for some reason I do not finish, I wanted to have some closure with it and present the league as it stands now, with all 22 teams and divisions. (Since the St. Paul identity isn't complete they are out.) I wanted to think of non-geographical names for all the divisions, but ah well, these names will have to do.

EBA---Divisions-1.gif

Just in case this is it, here is how the league would be structured for anyone who might care:

-With an odd number of divisions, it doesn't make sense to make separate conferences, so the EBA will have 5 divisions, but each division does not belong to a conference (kind of like the NCAA I guess).

-10 teams make the playoffs, but the 4 bottom seeds have to play a one game elimination play-in game. (I find that NBA playoffs take too long so this would be a simple way to shorten the time, and have the lower, more undeserving, teams weed eachother out in a quick way.)

-With no conferences, the playoffs would be seeded in order of best to worst record regardless of division.

-Each division winner is guaranteed a playoff/play-in round spot.

playoff-brackets.gif

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback, comments, and followed along! It was fun.

Hopefully I will be back with more teams in sometime, but nothing's certain.

I would move Albuquerque to the Gold Division and reserve a spot for Saint Paul in the West Division. That makes much more sense. Then, if you're still up to it, you could do a Tampa team for the South Division and a Kansas City or Saint Louis team for the central division.

Essentially, here's what it would be:

jaha.png

Tampa = Tampa Bay Rim Jammers

25yzwqg.png

Wow, just seeing all those logos in one graphic shows how incredible your work was in this series. Looking through the divisions I can't see one bad logo, and they're all as good as or better than anything in the NBA.

Great work Jaha.

+1000. Greatness across the board here...I look at all of them and imagine them replacing some of the current NBA identities:

Bees = Hornets

Fury = Bucks

Racers = Pacers

Gen. Washington = Wizards

Spirit = Nets

I'll say it again: Spot on work, sir.

You should just aim for 3 more teams Jaha. 1 in the Gold division, 1 in Central, and 1 in South. That way all your divisions have 5 teams and you could be done. This was without a doubt the best series on this website. I loved every single unveiling.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Archived