EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, what is your problem? These are PERFECT, again! I'd buy any of these. And because your doing cities that don't have NBA teams, I have suggestions.

• Anchorage, AK. Bit of a long shot, but it could work.
  • Little Rock, AR. Little Rock Fighting Hogs?
  • Hartford, CT. Maybe.
  • Tampa, FL. This one needs to happen.
  • Honolulu, HI. Huge longshot.
  • Boise, ID?
  • Des Moines, IA. Team would probably go by state name.
  • Wichita, KS. Or somewhere near Lawrence (Jayhawks country).
  • Baltimore, MD. This one needs to happen, too.
  • Jackson, MS. Maybe.
  • Kansas City, MO. This one also needs to happen.
  • St. Louis,MO. See Kansas City.
  • Billings, MT?
  • Omaha, NE. This one probably needs to happen, too.
  • Buffalo/Syracuse, NY. I would do Syracuse.
  • Cincinnati, OH. This one NEEDS to happen.
  • Columbus, OH. Maybe.
  • Pittsburgh, PA. See Baltimore.
  • Providence, RI. This is better than a lot of the other ones, but not quite up there with Baltimore and Cincinnati.
  • Virginia Beach/Norfolk, VA???
  • Seattle, WA. This one NEEEEDDDDSSSS to happen!!!!!!
  • Montreal, QC. Maybe. Probably not.
  • Calgary, AB???? No.
  • Vancouver, BC. Yes.

That's it. I hope you take some of these into perspective for your future concepts in this series. Awesome work, again.

25yzwqg.png

I like pretty much everything about the Skyhawks (I agree, the name does roll off the tongue quite well). Nice colors and uniforms, as usual.

My only complaint is the way that the ball is positioned in the primary logo. Instead of being gripped in the talons, it simply seems pasted over them. That definitely needs to be addressed.

Edit: I also just noticed that the player names on the backs of the jerseys are tracked WAY too far apart.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I like what you have going here, but I do have a few suggestions. First, I like that you're going for two-tone on the court, but I don't like the gold wordmark on the baselines, since it isn't a team color. Also, I'm not a fan of only having the lane darker...for the two tone, I would go with inside the 3 point line being lighter, and the rest of the court being darker.

On the uniforms I really like the design, but I have two criticisms. First, as dgnmrwrw said, the NOB is stretched too far horizontally. Second, I would get rid of the logo you have above the NOB. Usually if a team has a logo there it's a simpler, alternate logo, but this team has the complicated primary there. It's also a little too long to put above the NOB.

Other than that, another fantastic job!

I like what you have going here, but I do have a few suggestions. First, I like that you're going for two-tone on the court, but I don't like the gold wordmark on the baselines, since it isn't a team color. Also, I'm not a fan of only having the lane darker...for the two tone, I would go with inside the 3 point line being lighter, and the rest of the court being darker.

On the uniforms I really like the design, but I have two criticisms. First, as dgnmrwrw said, the NOB is stretched too far horizontally. Second, I would get rid of the logo you have above the NOB. Usually if a team has a logo there it's a simpler, alternate logo, but this team has the complicated primary there. It's also a little too long to put above the NOB.

Other than that, another fantastic job!

Thanks for the feedback, mcbannon. I will fix the NOB and the logo on the back. I will also fix the talons to grip the ball better, dgnmrwrw.

But I just want to get other's opinions on the court and the two-toned lanes and baseline word that mcbannon mentioned above, since two-toned courts are simply up to personal preference and there really is no right or wrong. I personally am not a fan of the light wood inside the three point arch. It hurts my eyes. The very first time I remember seeing two-toned wood was when the Grizzlies moved to Memphis and played in the Pyramid for a year or two prior to the Fed Ex Forum, and they had a lane exactly as this one here. I thought it was genious and wanted to do the same with one of my courts. Since then, I feel two-toned courts have gotten out of control, but still many do look nice.

Also, the Sac Kings use a transparent wordmark on the baseline where the letters in SACRAMENTO are formed by the absence of paint so you can see the wood (on this court here, it actually isnt gold paint, but wood. maybe its too small to see the detail of the hardwood.), but they do not have gold or any wood color in their color scheme. Same as this one except I added the two-toned wood to the word itself on the baselne which Ive never seen before.

These are just examples of where my inspiration may have come from. Im just curious if any of you have thoughts on the court, it's really not a big deal I guess. But I'd be willing to change the gray in the color scheme to gold just to keep that baseline word.

Dude, what is your problem? These are PERFECT, again! I'd buy any of these. And because your doing cities that don't have NBA teams, I have suggestions.

• Hartford, CT. Maybe.
  • Boise, ID?
  • Jackson, MS. Maybe.
  • Billings, MT?
  • Columbus, OH. Maybe.
  • Providence, RI. This is better than a lot of the other ones, but not quite up there with Baltimore and Cincinnati.
  • Calgary, AB???? No.
  • Vancouver, BC. Yes.

That's it. I hope you take some of these into perspective for your future concepts in this series. Awesome work, again.

Thats quite the list you got there. I like the thought you put into it. I will take some into consideration and some of those cities are already on my list of likely cities. Im not sure if I will go into Canada or just keep it all in the US. Still debating. I'm not going to do Seattle, sorry, just because the Sonics still seem to exist in my mind.

I also only want cities that have an adequate arena, not NBA- quality or anything like that but something at least 11,000 to 12,000, so that leaves out Anchorage and some others. Cities like Omaha and Little Rock might make it on simply because they have such a nice arena ready.

I might post a list of cities and even take suggestions for team names in the cities I have no ideas for.

Right now Im trying to come up with something for Cincinnati and Louisville. How does Racers sound for Louisville talking about the race horses??

I knew that's where you were going with the wordmark in the lane (I just said gold because it looked gold, I guess). But I just don't like the transparent wordmark on Sacremento's court...that's just my personal preference, but this is your thread, so if you like it keep it. There are definitely worse courts in the NBA...

• Hartford, CT. Maybe.
  • Boise, ID?
  • Jackson, MS. Maybe.
  • Billings, MT?
  • Columbus, OH. Maybe.
  • Calgary, AB???? No.
  • Vancouver, BC. Yes.

Thats quite the list you got there. I like the thought you put into it. I will take some into consideration and some of those cities are already on my list of likely cities. Im not sure if I will go into Canada or just keep it all in the US. Still debating. I'm not going to do Seattle, sorry, just because the Sonics still seem to exist in my mind.

I also only want cities that have an adequate arena, not NBA- quality or anything like that but something at least 11,000 to 12,000, so that leaves out Anchorage and some others. Cities like Omaha and Little Rock might make it on simply because they have such a nice arena ready.

I might post a list of cities and even take suggestions for team names in the cities I have no ideas for.

Right now Im trying to come up with something for Cincinnati and Louisville. How does Racers sound for Louisville talking about the race horses??

So your doing one for Cincinnati and one for Louisville? OK, sounds good. And, yeah, I like the name Racers. For Cincinnati, you should do Royals to bring back the old Cincinnati Royals.

25yzwqg.png

Here is the Skyhawks set with gold rather than gray. Does anyone like this better?

Mcbannon, I know you have a good eye for this stuff, but I chose to keep the court as it was, but was hoping the gold in the logos and uni's now might match the two-toned court better than the gray. Also, there is going to be another team in NYC, and that team has almost the same colors as the Skyhawks, so I was thinking this would differentiate them from each other.

Other than color, I made all the other changes suggested including the talons around the ball, the letters in MULLIN are now a little closer, and the logo above the NOB is now a more simpler secondary logo.

SKYHAWKS.gif

SKYHAWKS_jerseys-1.gif

First comment on this thread, but I've really enjoyed it and each design has been better than last.

You are correct, the two-toned court does work better with the gold, and for that matter, so do the unis. And god help me, I wish that black Brooklyn jersey were real because I'd go out now and buy it. Not something I usually say with concepts but there you have it.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived