EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

The name "Rhythm" won the poll for the Nashville team, and here they are. Some traditionalists might say this name sounds WNBA-ish or minor league-ish, and I'd agree, but I like how the idea of what you can call teams these days is expanding.

Anyway, the colors are baby blue and yellow. I've used light/baby blue for a few other teams in this league, but this is the first team in which it is the prominent "dark" color and not a secondary color.

The player on the jerseys in Nashville-born Ron Mercer.

The next team will be the Vancouver Kodiaks. I am done with the logos for that team but haven't made jerseys yet, so that team should be posted within the week.

RHYTHM.jpg

RHYTHM_jerseys.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just excellent. Nashville's uniforms might be my favorite in the entire series. They are very clean and simple, but still feel modern. And of course, the logos are superb as always. Very good job, I can't wait to see Vancouver!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

if the nba expands soon to 36 teams, they should go with rythm as the name for the team. your logo is flat out awesome. if the blues were an nba team this is how they would lok.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Thanks again, everyone, for the feedback! Your interest in this really keeps me motivated to see this project through to the end.

Ramymie - You have a good eye for fonts. I didnt even know the name of the font I used for the NOB, I just knew it is the Toronto Maple Leafs font and had it sitting in my computer.

if the nba expands soon to 36 teams, they should go with rythm as the name for the team. your logo is flat out awesome. if the blues were an nba team this is how they would lok.

Thanks..and yeah, that secondary logo has obvious similarities to the STL Blues. I was expecting someone to point that out.

The Vancouver logo I've been working on is really nothing unique. It is just your typical straight-on view of a bear's head. I was planning on doing a full-body bear, like the old Grizzlies logo, but thought it would end up looking too 1990s. Depending on how I use my free-time this week, I hope to have it posted in 5 to 7 days.

Thanks again, everyone, for the feedback! Your interest in this really keeps me motivated to see this project through to the end.

Ramymie - You have a good eye for fonts. I didnt even know the name of the font I used for the NOB, I just knew it is the Toronto Maple Leafs font and had it sitting in my computer.

Thanks..and yeah, that secondary logo has obvious similarities to the STL Blues. I was expecting someone to point that out.

The Vancouver logo I've been working on is really nothing unique. It is just your typical straight-on view of a bear's head. I was planning on doing a full-body bear, like the old Grizzlies logo, but thought it would end up looking too 1990s. Depending on how I use my free-time this week, I hope to have it posted in 5 to 7 days.

try something like the hershey bears use. that would be cool.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

That's gotta be one of my favorite identities from you, if not the best. Love everything about it. The court is probably my favorite as well. The note logo on it's own is pretty interesting, I wouldn't mind seeing that as a base for a Utah Jazz rebrand perhaps.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The next team is the Virginia Marauders. This is the most recent logo I've done. Finished it about a month ago. The name is supposed to represent Virginia's history as a place where pirates once did their pilaging and whatnot way back in the 1600s. I was thinking of using a city name, either Richmond or Norfolk, but decided on the state name. I am still open to the idea of changing the name to a city.

I think Virginia is the state with the highest population not to be the home of any major sports team. Could be wrong on that. They also dont really have any large arenas (other than where UVA plays) so this venue, the Norfolk Scope, is likely going to be the smallest arena in my little league here.

The court has paint inside the 3 pt. arch, and I'm not sure how most of you feel about courts with that look. They kind of came and went rather quickly, but I think there's still room for one or two of them out there. If most people seem to hate it, I will probably change it to something else, but wanted to try it.

The jersey is Alonzo Mourning who is is a native of Hampton Roads (near Norfolk). I thought about using Iverson who is also from the same general area, but I wanted to use past players only, and AI's NBA career may not be done for sure. Dr. J also entered my mind since he played for the Squires of the ABA. The home jerseys are gray, since it looked better than white in my mind.

There's been a lot of well-done skull/pirate logos on this board lately, davidson's comes to mind right away and I dont think anything will compete with that, but I've had this idea in my head for a while now and wanted to give it a try. It kind of has the same layout as the Mavs logo.

MARAUDERS.gif

Mauraders-jerseys.gif

made a similar concept for a hockey team in scarbough! the colours are exactly the same. did you read my mind?

I just went through the entire thread, and I just wanted to commend you on your work here. Every single team is rendered absolutely brilliantly, and all the logos have some sort of dynamic edge that makes me think of a basketball logo. Something you've done really impressively is the jerseys, for me I always am more interested in the logos, but some of the jerseys in here are amazing, and if this thread was only jerseys I'd probably still always check it out.

I don't know if your finished, but either way, stunning work. To keep up a series like this is great, but to have this quality of work as well is something this board needs. Great job!

sidenote

is the jersey template custom, and if so any way I could get my hands on it?

Thanks, chickenfish! I am glad you are enjoying this series. I enjoy seeing your logos on here too. You're one of a few who produces nice clean logo designs and still posts on here sometimes. I am also usually more interested in logos myself, but have tried to make cool jersey designs in order to complete each team's identity fully.

The jersey template is one I downloaded from this site about 3 years ago. I just now tried to send you a message, but it said you can't receive messages. Maybe your inbox is full? If you send me your email I can send the file to you.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The next team is the Vancouver Kodiaks. The primary logo is simply a bear's head in an attempt to keep it simple and modern.

The player on the jersey is Bob Houbregs. Houbregs, who played a for a few different NBA teams in the 1950s, is the best player I could find from Vancouver or anywhere in BC.

KODIAKS.jpg

KODIAKS_jerseys.jpg

Though not born in Vancouver, Steve Nash grew up there, and you could have used him.

As for the concept, I wish the Grizzlies had lasted long enough for them to pick this up. It's AMAZING. My favourite yet. :notworthy:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived