EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The green is WAY too dark. try a powder blue.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I wanted to go with a turqois or greenish color as opposed to yet another powder blue/sky blue/baby blue (which I consider to be roughly the same color). There are six or seven teams with those colors in this league. Since this team is the "Waves", the color choices are limited.

Chickenfish seems to like the green so maybe it's not too bad. I'll play around with colors, but I'm mostly satisfied with these.

try a lighter turqoise colour for the waves with silver and orange jaha.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I wanted to go with a turqois or greenish color as opposed to yet another powder blue/sky blue/baby blue (which I consider to be roughly the same color). There are six or seven teams with those colors in this league. Since this team is the "Waves", the color choices are limited.

Chickenfish seems to like the green so maybe it's not too bad. I'll play around with colors, but I'm mostly satisfied with these.

I think the colors are perfect.

Untitled.png

I think adding the crossbar to the A and reducing the height of the white highlights in half would make the letters much more legible.

Otherwise I love it. The colors look great, especially the turquoise, and I really like the basketball/waves at the bottom.

I have two suggestions that I hope you consider.

1) Waves is a pretty boring name to be quite honest. Rhode Island gets pretty windy considering nearly the entire state is on the coast. I suggest you change the name to "Whitecaps". Here on Cape Cod there's a baseball team named the Brewster Whitecaps and I think it's a fantastic name, given that it sounds much more dynamic than "Waves". "Providence Whitecaps"/ "Rhode Island Whitecaps"> "Providence Waves".

2) Like many others have said I think you may need to fix/use less colors in the font, but if you were to change the name I hope simplifying it would be implied.

Updated the lettering. I stuck with pretty much the same colors. Some people liked them. There is much less orange this time. I added the crossbar to the A. I then cut the highlights in half, but then decided to eliminate them all together.

-JLopesXC, I kept the name. I like your suggestion of WhiteCaps if this were a baseball team, but it didnt sound like a basketball name, not that the name Waves necessarily triggers the thought of basketball either. At the start of this logo I even considered just calling them the "WAVE". No "s". So here is the update.

WAVES-1.gif

I like that logo, the colours work well with the logo and I love the wave design around the basketball.

Nice job on creating a realistic design, can't wait to see what the unis look like.

Here are Providence Waves with jerseys and a court now. For the jerseys, I could have put waves or something hinting at waves on them, but I decided that it would be cliche, predictable, and too 1990s-ish. So I went with a more standard jersey design, but I like how the colors compliment each other, especially on the blue aways. The green color is even more green this time and slightly less turquiose than before. The player on the jerseys is Lenny Wilkens who played at Providence College.

WAVES-2.gif

WAVES_jerseys.gif

Love the Waves! Really great identity. Nice colors and awesome logo design.

My one complaint is actually for the court. I think as it is now there may be too much navy, especially for a team with other bold colors in their scheme. Perhaps an aqua key could shake things up a bit. Other than that, everything is great! Nice work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

knnhrvy16, I took your suggestion and added more green to the court. I also realized that if I flipped the bottom oval to face the other way, it looked better in my opinion. That way the eye can read the word WAVES, left to right, and then shift down to the wave in a circular manner. Maybe a little over-analytical, but I like it a little better this way. Jerseys are unchanged.

WAVES-3.gif

Nice work on Providence, jaha. The court is much improved and the logo update looks great, its amazing what such a little change can do. These unis are among my favorites from your series.

What bothers me about Providence is how much white there is in the logo and none on the court.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Once again, great work. One thing that bothers me, however, is the way that the numbers have a boxy outline but curved edges. It's really distracting in my opinion. Is there a way you can obtain this effect, but to a lesser extent?

25yzwqg.png

What bothers me about Providence is how much white there is in the logo and none on the court.

That thought crossed my mind while I was making this too that maybe the logo doesn't match the court all that well. I will look into adding some white to it.

Once again, great work. One thing that bothers me, however, is the way that the numbers have a boxy outline but curved edges. It's really distracting in my opinion. Is there a way you can obtain this effect, but to a lesser extent?

Thanks. I felt like trying something different with the letters after 28 teams. I didn't know if it was good or bad, but just something to try to make the Waves wordmark unique, as if the inner part of the letters flowed smoothly like waves.

Does anyone else dislike the curvy inner letters with the boxy outline? If so, I can change it. I thought it was kind of cool, especially on the numbers on the jerseys, but maybe it's just me...

Does anyone else dislike the curvy inner letters with the boxy outline? If so, I can change it. I thought it was kind of cool, especially on the numbers on the jerseys, but maybe it's just me...

[/quote

Not a fan of the numbers either however I did not notice until AnythingChicago posted. They just look incomplete or you decided to go with a different font after starting but did not change the outline.

Oh on the court you might be able to change the lines surrounding the 3 point line & key to white.

Archived