jaha32

EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

Since the rounded inner letters weren't working as well as I hoped, I changed them. I added more white to the court and I think this is the best Waves' court yet. At least it matches the logos better. If the court was lacking white, then the previous away jersey was also lacking white, since it had no white at all. I added white to the aways and swapped some other colors around. I like the aways better here. I also flipped the wave on the logo, yet again, but this time it's a rolling crashing wave, which is how I originally intended it to be when I started this a few weeks ago. This team is taking a while to get right, but I'm hoping it's finally there.

WAVES-4.gif

WAVES_jerseys-1.gif

I like the new logo because the wordmark doesn't look weird. You've made a nice improvement with the Waves court and jerseys. I like the way white is used in the court and jersyes because it look like a real team.

Needs a bit more orange on the white jersey.

I'm just now commenting on the Waves, and I must say you've done it again jaha. The logo looks excellent, especially the latest iteration. The white lines on the court really bring everything together. The unis all look great as well...I especially love how the Waves wordmark looks on the jerseys.

I like the update to the letters, but I think you had the ball right the first time. I think it would look best if you have the waves below the ball and have the white accent on the top of the ball.

Love pretty much everything I have seen in this thread. You do amazing work.

My one nitpick comes mostly from me living in Jacksonville. Not feeling the Hammerheads as the team name. We have the Giants, Suns, Sharks and Jaguars here as our major sport teams already, with the Giants being a team in the new ABA. I happily accept the EBA team finding a home here but would love to see another mascot choice as we just don't see many hammerheads off these shores.

My suggestion, and it's a weak one considering the amount of work you have already put in here, is for something reptile related. Unfortunately I think it would be in bad taste to use Gators or something like that since we are so close to the University of Florida. What I was leaning towards was the Cottonmouth ... or water moccasin. They are very prevalent in the area. But this would call for a pretty substantial overhaul of the colors I think.

Outstanding work again, jaha!

The wordmarks are clean and sharp, and the color scheme is very effective.

I would experiment with some horizontal teal pinstripes on the white home unis. Don't wrap them all the way around, but just stop them where the side stripes are.

Thanks for the feedback, everyonee!

-nash61, you are right there isn't a ton of orange on the home jersey. I tried a few different things with how the orange was distributed, but nothing looked well. Since numbers are the focus of jerseys, Im happy with nice thick orange numbers.

-theSLVRBCK, thanks you for your comments. As you said, I already put a lot of work on the Hammerheads, so I'm not going to change the name. At some point, one realizes that it's impossible to please everyone. I thought of the name, Jacksonville Hammerheads, a few years back. I can't remember if this idea was before or after the AFL's Jacksonville Sharks, but once I saw how cool and unexpected red and black work for a team called the Sharks, I added red and black to this logo.

-JuliusSeizure, thanks again. Horizontal pinstripes, hmmm, I've never seen that before. Maybe orange pinstripes would get more orange in this, like nash61 said, but I'm not sure about it. I'd have to experiment.

I haven't started the final team yet, but I'm leaning towards the name "Iowa Thunderbirds". "Iowa Storm" is another possibility. Once Iowa's done, I will post the entire league together, to see the final product as a whole.

If each team had actual history, how you have evolved the jerseys could be how the teams have changed jerseys in their history. For example, the Conquistadors could have changed their set from the set with "Conquistadors" on the road jersey and red accents, to the set with "San Jose" on the road jersey and without red accents. I have seen some logos in the back of your photobucket album that would make a nice "throwback" jersey, such as this one: http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp19/gregoryhahn83/?action=view&current=claws.gif

There was also a red and blue Mobsters logo, but it appears to have been deleted.

Hmm....Iowa Storm sounds TOO WNBA to me. I think there actually was a team called the Seattle Storm in WNBA. I could be wrong tho, but out of the names you listed, I'd prefer the Tbirds. I think it was actually me who suggested the name in the first place.

If each team had actual history, how you have evolved the jerseys could be how the teams have changed jerseys in their history. For example, the Conquistadors could have changed their set from the set with "Conquistadors" on the road jersey and red accents, to the set with "San Jose" on the road jersey and without red accents. I have seen some logos in the back of your photobucket album that would make a nice "throwback" jersey, such as this one: http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp19/gregoryhahn83/?action=view&current=claws.gif

There was also a red and blue Mobsters logo, but it appears to have been deleted.

Ah, you found some of my old photobucket logos! I do not really like that older version of the Claws logo. I hear what you're saying about keeping some old designs as part of their fictional history, but I'd rather just scrap the old stuff. I'm more concerned with just making current quaility identities for these teams, as if they're all expansion teams. Who knows, maybe a few years down the road if I'm still doing this type of thing, I will change a few of these logos, and then I would keep the older version and the newer version.

Hmm....Iowa Storm sounds TOO WNBA to me. I think there actually was a team called the Seattle Storm in WNBA. I could be wrong tho, but out of the names you listed, I'd prefer the Tbirds. I think it was actually me who suggested the name in the first place.

There is a WNBA team called the Seattle Storm, but to me Storm is actually a good nickname. It's no different than Thunder which is an NBA team, and it works for the AFL's Tampa Bay Storm. In my opinion, the names that sound too WNBA-ish are the Indiana Fever, Atlanta Dream, and Chicago Sky. But no worries, I'm 80% sure it will be Thunderbirds for the next team.

Iowa Dusters could be intersting name

Sorry, I'm not feeling that name. It sounds good for a minor league baseball team, playing a sport that actually is dirty and dusty.

Sorry, I'm not feeling that name. It sounds good for a minor league baseball team, playing a sport that actually is dirty and dusty.

Lol i didn't think about this one but yeah it's sound more baseball(btw best sport in the world no offence to basketball fan :P)

Iowa Harvesters?

Lol i didn't think about this one but yeah it's sound more baseball(btw best sport in the world no offence to basketball fan :P)

Hey, I like baseball too. My Dad is a high school baseball coach. I would have a much harder time coming up with 30 baseball jerseys or 30 unique logos, since major league baseball jerseys/logos are more traditional and don't have the freedom that basketball jerseys/logos have.

So this project has been going on for a year and a half now, since late November 2010, and finally, finally, we've reached the 30th and final team.

Team #30 is the Iowa Thunderbirds. This is the fifth bird-themed team in the league, but I tried to make it somewhat different than the other bird logos. If the NFL, a much less aerial sport than basketball can have 5 bird teams, then I think it's okay for a basketball league to also have that many.

The player on the jersey is Willie Wise, who is one of the better ABA players of his day, and played at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa. Since "Thunderbirds" is such a long word, I didn't like how it looked on the jerseys, so both the homes and aways say "Iowa". It is more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion. I actually had a difficult time coming up with a jersey design that I liked, but I am mostly satisfied with this.

Since this thread is so long with the teams placed all over within the 40+ pages, I will post the whole league together as one final presentation (once the Thunderbirds are done) to get the complete finished product all in one post.

THUNDERBIRDS.gif

THUNDERBIRDS_jerseys.gif

Jaha, great finish! I love how stylized the Thunderbird is. You can barely see him with the ball, and I think that's a good thing. Nice color combo. Nice use of taking lightning bolts to create the bird.