EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First comment on this thread, but I've really enjoyed it and each design has been better than last.

You are correct, the two-toned court does work better with the gold, and for that matter, so do the unis. And god help me, I wish that black Brooklyn jersey were real because I'd go out now and buy it. Not something I usually say with concepts but there you have it.

So it seems gold is the consensus and their new colors are the gold set. cool. Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

KennyRock, I only wish I could get these really made. Actually, here in South Korea they make knock-off MLB,NFL,NHL,NBA, and college jerseys sold in little stores and sell them for cheap, but lots of them are flawed. I dont even think they sell real jerseys. I could probably convince the guys there that these jerseys here are real and have them make them since you can see them just sitting there sewing the decals and numbers on, Then again...probably not. but it'd be great if they did.

I'm getting the 6th team ready for posting, in a day or two hopefully.

The next team is the Virginia Marauders. This is the most recent logo I've done. Finished it about a month ago. The name is supposed to represent Virginia's history as a place where pirates once did their pilaging and whatnot way back in the 1600s. I was thinking of using a city name, either Richmond or Norfolk, but decided on the state name. I am still open to the idea of changing the name to a city.

I think Virginia is the state with the highest population not to be the home of any major sports team. Could be wrong on that. They also dont really have any large arenas (other than where UVA plays) so this venue, the Norfolk Scope, is likely going to be the smallest arena in my little league here.

The court has paint inside the 3 pt. arch, and I'm not sure how most of you feel about courts with that look. They kind of came and went rather quickly, but I think there's still room for one or two of them out there. If most people seem to hate it, I will probably change it to something else, but wanted to try it.

The jersey is Alonzo Mourning who is is a native of Hampton Roads (near Norfolk). I thought about using Iverson who is also from the same general area, but I wanted to use past players only, and AI's NBA career may not be done for sure. Dr. J also entered my mind since he played for the Squires of the ABA. The home jerseys are gray, since it looked better than white in my mind.

There's been a lot of well-done skull/pirate logos on this board lately, davidson's comes to mind right away and I dont think anything will compete with that, but I've had this idea in my head for a while now and wanted to give it a try. It kind of has the same layout as the Mavs logo.

MARAUDERS.gif

Mauraders-jerseys.gif

the uniforms are sweet (as usual). Maybe a red alt? The court is a bit overkill with the black, maybe just make the key black?

EDIT: I just realised the cracks in the skull are the same pattern as on a basketball, wow that logo makes much more sense now..

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Wow, once again, AMAZING job on the logos! That skull is incredible. I agree with Luigi on the court...not a fan of all that black. The uniforms are good...they're not spectacular, but there's nothing wrong with a simple design. However, I would find a way to get the skull on the jersey somehow. Maybe put the skull on the pants and either drop the M or move it to above the NOB. And I really like the silver at home instead of white.

I agree about maybe just making the key black.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the black font on the home unis (both team nickname and name-on-back) looks jumbled and hard-to-read to me. Maybe because of the red outline, I'm not sure. But I would at least consider making the font red instead of black, on the homes. I think it's worth a shot.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I will change the court definitely. It was kind of a long shot to actually pull off a court with that much black. I will do something else.

Does anyone like the idea of having a basketball at the free throw circle, like the Pacers a while back, or is that lame? (The ball would be black or redish, not orange if that helps imagine it.)

I will also work on the letter spacing on the jerseys and add the skull logo to the jerseys somewhere and post the changes in a few days when I have time. Thanks.

I will change the court definitely. It was kind of a long shot to actually pull off a court with that much black. I will do something else.

Does anyone like the idea of having a basketball at the free throw circle, like the Pacers a while back, or is that lame? (The ball would be black or redish, not orange if that helps imagine it.)

I will also work on the letter spacing on the jerseys and add the skull logo to the jerseys somewhere and post the changes in a few days when I have time. Thanks.

I don't think you should rule out having a bball at the free throw circle. It is definitely more of a 90's thing, but I wouldn't rule it out. I would really have to see it in the context of your design to determine whether I like it, but there's nothing wrong with trying it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Maybe you could try a silver ball with the cracked basketball piping like on the skull's head...

Here is the updated court and just slightly different jerseys. I tried the ball on the free throw circle, but it didn't seem to match the whole identity of this team. I do plan on probably using a ball at the free throw circle for one of the teams, just not this one. But, the court does have lighter-toned wood inside the 3 pt. arch now. I usually dont like this look, if the difference is too drastic, but I think it works here.

The jerseys probably look the same, but I added more spacing between the letters in MAURADERS and on the NOB to make it less jumbled I hope. Also added a red jersey. Mcbannon, I tried the skull alone logo on the jersey and it also seemed out of place. When it's not big, it looks sort of cartoony from afar. I just couldn't pull it off on either the shorts or back top back of the jersey.

Are the words easier to read now? If not, I'll have to try switching colors around.

On a side note, I dont know if I will be able to keep up the 2-teams-a-week pace. I might be able to, but it might slow down to about one team a week, but they will still definitely be coming. Once I'm on winter break, I can hopefully pump these out faster.

Mauraders-jerseys-1.gif

The only thing that's bugging me is the difference in the outlines on the "M" and on the wordmark/numbers on the jersey. Other than that, this might be your best one yet!

You might be right. I dont think can change it, because the M is a logo, which has different outlines, and the rest is unrelated wordmarks. I might be wrong, but the M is following the same outline as all the other logos in the set.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next team, the Empire State Monarchs.

I didnt have time to make jerseys yet, but I wanted to see which version you guys liked better first, the one with the white lettering or gold lettering?

Right now it's just a primary and a partial, but a secondary logo and jerseys are soon to follow.

They will play somewhere in New York state, Im thinking Albany (although a small market) in the Times Union Center, since it is the capital of the Empire State.

MONARCHS.gif

I am really enjoying your series. For Empire State I prefer the white "Monarchs" with the gold outline.

I also have my own basketball League. I don't know if you've seen it or not. My logos are not as modern and polished as yours but I we have some similar markets, so its fun to see someone else's take on the same market. Keep up the good work.

If only Virginia would get some kind of a major pro sports team. Love the Marauders look. Though, I'm not a lock on the colors. It looks a little too Toronto Raptors to me. I would subtract the grey and go with a dark shade of gold. But, that's my opinion.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived