EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This concept is really cool and well thought out. I would suggest Jacksonville, Fl as a possible city. It has a nice newer arena and an adaquate fan base to draw from. You could even use Dee Brown as the player since he is from Jacksonville.

Phillies102708_1.pngEagles_15.jpg

I am really enjoying your series. For Empire State I prefer the white "Monarchs" with the gold outline.

I also have my own basketball League. I don't know if you've seen it or not. My logos are not as modern and polished as yours but I we have some similar markets, so its fun to see someone else's take on the same market. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the comments. I have actually checked out your league before. I like the ABA-vibe is has going for it and how you remade some ABA teams. I think my favorite is your St. Louis Steamers logo, but I like the Conquistadors logo as well. I actually have plans to use some ABA nicknames, but most are in different markets.(the Condors has already been posted, but I am working on a Claws logo, Conquistadors, was considering St. Louis Spirits but now Im thinking no.)

This concept is really cool and well thought out. I would suggest Jacksonville, Fl as a possible city. It has a nice newer arena and an adaquate fan base to draw from. You could even use Dee Brown as the player since he is from Jacksonville.

Jacksonville is definitely on the list. I've finished their logo a while back (the Hammerheads) with a lot of feedback and help from some of the better designers on this board. I am half way done with the jerseys, and you are right, it will be Dee Brown #7. So I will try to get their jerseys done so they can be one of the next few teams posted.

I finally got around to finshing the Monarchs jerseys, court, and some partial and secondary logos. I was having a difficult time making the first font (in the logo I posted a few days ago) look good on the jerseys so I decided to change it all together in the logo and jerseys. I was trying to find a font that was more clean. I went with the white lettering in the logo with gold outline, which most of you prefered.

I put a crown on the M on the jerseys just to spice it up. I'm not sure if it works or if it's too much. These jerseys are relatively simple otherwise with a secondary logo on the bottom side of the shorts.

The court has a parquet hardwood. I plan to use parquet for at least one more team.

The player on the jersey is Micheal Ray Richardson who used to play for the Knicks and Nets in the '80s until he got banned from the league for drugs. He is the closest thing I could find for any player having a connection to the city of Albany since he apparently played for the Albany Patroons of the CBA after his NBA days. Even with Siena College in town, no player from there has been much of anything professionally that I know of.

MONARCHS-1.gif

MONARCHS_jerseys-1.gif

A- :censored: -MAZING!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

you have reached uniform and logo perfection, if there anyone on these boards who could take davidson on at making logos, I think it would be you

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

you have reached uniform and logo perfection, if there anyone on these boards who could take davidson on at making logos, I think it would be you

Thanks for the compliment! Although I know davidson is much better than me. He seems to make each logo with relative ease, while with me each new logo is a new struggle/challenge. I've gotten better just from watching some of the better designers on this site, but thanks. I really try...and with jerseys I just hope I don't run out of fresh ideas.

Wow, another INCREDIBLE concept! Your logos for this set are just beyond words, and I love the unis as well. I really like the font, and I love how you incorporated the striping with the logo on the pants.

I do have a couple suggestions though. First, I would get rid of the claw/ball logo. I think three secondaries is one too many, and the logo is really similar to the Grizzlies alt logo. Then, I would replace it on the back of the jersey with the lion head. Also, it looks like you used the darker gold for the wordmark and numbers on the road uni. I would use the lighter gold, since it's the second color.

Other than that, another perfect concept!

Agreed. Quite frankly, I like these more than davidson's.

Gold alt, anyone?

EDIT: I think you have a slight problem with the shade of yellow/gold. It looks like a Saints gold on the purple jersey, but like a regular yellow on the court and logos.

EDIT #2: But you probably intended it that way. If you did, I would change the yellow on the court to gold.

EDIT #3: Eh, maybe not.

25yzwqg.png

A great series you've got going here. Especially liked the Aces look, but all of them have been excellently put together. Kudos.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I'm glad you guys like this series so far. I've made the changes to the jerseys below. Threw in a yellow jersey. Got rid of the Grizzlies-looking secondary on the top back of the jerseys and replaced it with the lion head as mcbannon suggested. I changed the gold in the visitors to yellow. When I originally made the visitors jerseys I ran into a little problem with the colors around the crown on the M, so it lead me to use more gold although it didnt match the rest of this team's identity. So now it's yellow.

I am open to the idea of gettig rid of the crown on the M all together? Or do you guys like the crown on the M?

MONARCHS_jerseys.gif

As I wait for feedback on the Monarchs latest jersey update, here is the next team, the Columbus Fury. I've posted this logo on this site a while back, but have changed it a little since then and now of course there are jerseys and a court. I don't know how you guys feel about singular team names, but if names like Magic, Jazz, Thunder, and Heat are good enough for the NBA, then similar names are definitely good enough here. Fury has no connection to Columbus, although the logo has a buck and Ohio is the buckeye state (a stretch I know).

I tried a new style on back of the jerseys with the line going under the name. I'm pretty set on that idea, just because I've never seen it before.

The player is John Havlicek who attended Ohio State in Columbus. The arena is the same home as the Blue Jackets.

I am open to other color combos also, if you have any ideas. I think red should be present though since it seems like a 'furious' color.

FURY-4.gif

These last two are really nice. I'm not the biggest fan of the Fury logo, but the jerseys more than make up for it. Additionally, on the Empire State concept, I'd keep the crown on the M since it just looks cool. But overall, a really nice job!

EDIT: Since you asked for possible colors for the Fury, why not try a navy blue, red, and silver like the Blue Jackets use?

6fQjS3M.png

Monarchs: Good update, and you should definitely keep the crown on the M. Maybe you could use the crown on the yellow jersey on the purple one. I think having purple in the crown will help it stand out from the yellow M.

Fury: I love EVERYTHING about this concept! The logos are incredible once again. I like the color scheme, so I wouldn't change it. I love the court, especially the off-center wordmark. And those jerseys are really, really sweet. I have nothing negative to say about this concept...go ahead and move on!

Archived