EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, squint your eyes if you have to 'cause here are the gradiant jerseys you called for...I thought the court had maybe a bit of a '90s-ish look but didnt think the whole set looked that '90s, until now.

I changed the aways to the teal color replacing red. I think I have a tendency to use certain colors more than others so it's good to go away from that here with teal aways.

There are two different logos on the front of the gradiant jerseys and whichever one you guys like best is the winner, that's assuming you like at least one. If not, then we can scrap the idea all together. I thinking these alternative jerseys would be brought out only a few times a year if they were a real team.

HAMMERHEADS-jerseys-1.gif

Oh my! That...is...NINETIES!

I'm actually not a huge fan of the gradient...there's too much gray in it. I wouldn't scrap the idea, but I would try to rework the coloring. Maybe you could try to add red somehow.

And I prefer the left logo.

Oh my! That...is...NINETIES!

I'm actually not a huge fan of the gradient...there's too much gray in it. I wouldn't scrap the idea, but I would try to rework the coloring. Maybe you could try to add red somehow.

And I prefer the left logo.

This. I would just do a JAX red alt (logo like on the left gradient) in place of the gradient and move on.

25yzwqg.png

Time to get nitpicky.

Because these look so much like actual professional teams, I thought about what the divisions would look like using the NBA format.

East

Atlantic

Brooklyn Skyhawks

Empire State Monarchs

Central

Columbus Fury

Southeast

Birmingham Bees

Virginia Marauders

Jacksonville Hammerheads

West

Northwest

CURRENTLY NO TEAMS ELIGIBLE!

Pacific

Las Vegas Aces

Southwest

Albuquerque Fire

California Condors

================================================================================================================================================================================

But of course some teams could be switched around between divisions, such as Jacksonville. So you probably need to add more to the Northwest, (0 teams) Pacific, (1 team) and Central (1 team) divisions. I would recommend Boise and Omaha for the Northwest, Vancouver and San Francisco for the Pacific, and Wichita, and Cincinnati/Louisville, Kansas City, and St. Louis for the Central.

Hope you consider this in your upcoming teams! :)

25yzwqg.png

OK. So let's just pretend those gradient jerseys never made an appearance. I dont really like them myself. The Hammerheads can have a red alternative with the JAX wordmark, but definetely no gradient.

AnythingChicago, I like how you're already thinking of divisional alignment. The only reason I havent posted divisions yet is because I am just not sure how many teams I will make in total, but since you've already beaten me to it, here is a very tentative outline of some of the teams and where they are regionally, not necessarily divisionally.

I plan on making logos for some of these cities, but I cannot guarantee that all of them will be made, or that a city not listed won't be used. I'm trying to use cities that aren't well represented in the world of professional sports, so although some major cities, like St. Louis, do not have an NBA team, they are very well-represented with MLB, NFL, and NHL teams. I cannot say that I will always follow this idiology, but for the most part that is my plan.

Also, I might not use regional names to describe each division. Im trying to think of unique names to describe each division. For example, since I have a lot of teams in New York City, I might use a name such as 'the Metropolitan Division' for that division. These are just ideas though and nothing is written in stone.

Northeast

Brooklyn Skyhawks

Empire State Monarchs

Manhattan

Long Island

Hartford

(Providence maybe)

Central

Columbus Fury

Lousiville

Cincinnati

St. Paul/Minneapolis

Buffalo maybe

(Indianapolis maybe)

Southeast

Birmignham Bees

Virginia Marauders

Jacksonville Hammerheads

D.C.

Tampa/St. Pete maybe

Greensboro or Raleigh

(maybe maybe Nashville)

Pacific

California Condors (SD)

Las Vegas Aces

Anaheim (or someplace near LA)

San Jose

Southwest/Plains

Albuquerque Fire

Austin

Omaha (maybe)

Tulsa (maybe)

El Paso (maybe)

Northwest

Salt Lake City

(Boise maybe)

Again this is somewhat tentative, but this is a general outline for the cities. It might change and the divisions will have to be re-arranged once it's all figured out.

Sorry for just now posting, I've been silently following. Here are some suggestions. I like all of them

EBA Main Logo - More detailed one but I'd make the "eba" "EBA"

Albuquerque Fire - Make the white on the away jersey black and add a yellow alternate

Las Vegas Aces - Maybe make a switch the red and the gradient and then you could have a great 3rd jersey

California Condors - Replace the silver on the black jersey wordmark with orange

Birmingham Bees - I have no suggestions, maybe make a Birmingham wordmark

Brooklyn Skyhawks - BRING BACK SILVER (please???), make the baseline wordmark silver, and make the home jersey silver (if you use silver)

Virginia Marauders - See Birmingham Bees but put Virginia on the Red Jersey

Empire State Monarchs - See Virginia Marauders and put Empire State on the Yellow Jersey

Columbus Fury - Perfect, just Perfect (with Red, Black, and Gold)

Jacksonville Hammerheads - Bring back the Gradient 3rd and make it fade from red to teal with red being dominant

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Oh, and with the divisions I was planning on critiquing all of your teams:

Albuquerque: I might put 'Albuqueque' on the roads if possible. Otherwise, it's great.

Las Vegas: Perfect. Bravo!

California: I like it. Don't change it.

Birmingham: This one's my favourite. Put that alternate B logo on the court and put Birmingham on the yellow alt and it's perfect.

Skyhawks: PLEASE get silver back on! It was SOOOOOO much better. :cry:

Virginia: Get 'Virginia' on the road and/or alt.

Empire State: See Virginia.

Columbus: PLEASE get it back to navy/red/silver! That was your best combo by FAR. If you change it, the Fury will instantly go from worst to best in the series, IMO.

Jacksonville: Keep the home and road as is, then make a red JAX alt (as currently planned).

25yzwqg.png

Jahgee and AnythingChicago,

I took your suggestions into consideration, and some of the changes I made and they are posted below. I wanted to respond to each one just so you know that although I didn't implement every idea, I wasn't ignoring it either, we just have a difference of opinion.

EBA: I know others have also suggested changing it to uppercase letters, but for some reason I like the lower case better like the aba and cba did.

Fire: I think black would look out of place on the jerseys because black is not in their color scheme, unless you also meant to add black to the logos. I over use black as it is.

I also dont think putting ALBUQUERQUE on the roads would work since it is so much longer than the word FIRE and it would totally change the layout of the jersey. Also, about the yellow alt, the Monarchs and Bees already have a yellow alternate jersey and I dont want to over-do it with yellow alts.

Condors: I originally had orange on the NOB and others suggested I change it. It was the right move I think.

Aces: I dont think a gradient on the main part of the jersey would like nice. We've already seen the disaster above on the JAX jersey and it just wouldnt match the style of the Aces look.

Bees: I put the B logo on the court and I think it is an improvement. Adds something so thanks for the idea. As far as putting BIRMINHAM on a jersey, it's the same issue as the Fire and the length of the word.

Skyhawks: I know both of you prefer gray/silver..by a lot it seems, but it's one of those things where if I change it half the people will hate the change and half will love it. Most prior comments seemed to like the gold so I stuck with it.

Marauders: the red alt. now says VIRGINIA. It's a nice change I think. It's one of those things where I got lazy since I made the font from scratch and just didnt feel like spending the time to make the extra letters, but now that it's done, I like it!

Monarchs: Since EMPIRE STATE is two words it just didnt look right on the jersey. It looked akward.

Fury: Anything Chicago, I decided I like the gray navy and red combo best as well. I think the colors match the city of Columbus better than black and yellow with red. Again, this is one of those things where everyone will have their own opinion about what looks best.

Hammerheads: Now with the red alt saying JAX. I like that wordmark and think it works well like the Suns use PHX or the Hawks ATL. The gradients were a mistake and it just took their identity to a whole new level of the '90s that should never be returned to.

Thanks for the comments, but although this league is one big project, Im trying to do one team at a time to keep it nice and organized team by team. Once the critiques for a particular team seems to have died down for a few days, I assume that it's time to move on to the next team, especially if it's just a preference rather than a flaw. But again, thanks for following and I do appreciate the comments.

update1.gif

update2.gif

update3.gif

Skyhawks: I know both of you prefer gray/silver..by a lot it seems, but it's one of those things where if I change it half the people will hate the change and half will love it. Most prior comments seemed to like the gold so I stuck with it.

So why not start a poll? Oh, and thanks for changing the Fury and Marauders. They look great.

25yzwqg.png

So far it sounds like the first one is better. The white line is supposed to the reins that race horses wear near the mouth, but apparently I've failed to make it come across as that. the orange streak above it is just there to compliment the reins. I'll have to make some changes. Should I completely take out the reins? or any ideas as to how to make the reins less distracting?

I would go with #2, but if you changed the angle of the horse so that it is the same as the one in #1, I think you've got it (same with #3).

I'm also not sure about the lines in the R's in the wordmark, it just doesn't run well with the rest of the lettering. However, if you add little details like that to the rest of the letters, it might compliment the logo a bit better.

I'm really liking how this has shaped up, jaha. Great work!

Archived