Great Uniforms That Have Never Been "Thrownback" To...

dirwuf

That's just one of several shark patties in this thread, Cujo.

Would you consider either of these Oakland Raiders throwbacks amongst the shark patties, Buc?

1962:

62low.jpg

1960:

nflor1960opt1details.jpg

Neither, because they're actually, well, old. And I myself wouldn't mind seeing the Raiders take a Thanksgiving weekend in those...similarities to the Bears be damned.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How have the Bills not thrown back to these? They're so dynamic!!!

Buffalo60.gif

(I'll give you that they're better than their current set though...)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would love to see the Nuggets bring these back for one game. They have these for sell in the team store, and most of he fans love them. I see tons of people at games, and even just around town with shirts that have the retro logo on it. I own two of the retro logo shirts, and a pair of the "Rainbbow" shorts. And if I had $150 to spend I would definitly get one of the jerseys.

350245_display_image.jpg?1289273083

i LOVE that uniform. i rep the rainbow skyline in baltimore

but they've worn it before, when camby was there... i can't seem to find a pic, but i know for a fact

Yea I love that the DENVER Nuggets have the BALTIMORE? skyline... :wacko:

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I would love to see the Nuggets bring these back for one game. They have these for sell in the team store, and most of he fans love them. I see tons of people at games, and even just around town with shirts that have the retro logo on it. I own two of the retro logo shirts, and a pair of the "Rainbbow" shorts. And if I had $150 to spend I would definitly get one of the jerseys.

but they've worn it before, when camby was there... i can't seem to find a pic, but i know for a fact

Since you didn't understand him, I'll clarify.

He's saying that he reps the (Denver) rainbow skyline (jersey)........ (while HE is) IN Baltimore.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Since you didn't understand him, I'll clarify.

He's saying that he reps the (Denver) rainbow skyline (jersey)........ (while HE is) IN Baltimore.

I see...seems I needed my jive to English-English to jive dictionary installed. <_<

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I think it was pretty clear what he meant.

I never got that jersey though - are there a lot of rainbows in Denver? Or do the colors not really symbolize anything? I like the concept of showing sillhouetted buildings in front of mountains, but is it supposed to bear a resemblance to the actual Denver skyline? Denver doesn't have one of those "iconic" skylines (more specifically, a skyline with an "iconic" building or two) so it's kind of odd to see it on a nationally-marketed jersey (maybe they changed it because jersey marketing became more of a national thing and not just exclusively a local venture.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I never got that jersey though - are there a lot of rainbows in Denver? Or do the colors not really symbolize anything? I like the concept of showing sillhouetted buildings in front of mountains, but is it supposed to bear a resemblance to the actual Denver skyline? Denver doesn't have one of those "iconic" skylines (more specifically, a skyline with an "iconic" building or two) so it's kind of odd to see it on a nationally-marketed jersey (maybe they changed it because jersey marketing became more of a national thing and not just exclusively a local venture.)

I always thought the rainbow was in reference to Colorado being colorful...every sign at the state line says "Welcome to Colorful Colorado":

Colorado.jpg

And Denver does have an iconic building in its skyline - the "Cash Register" building, aka the Wells Fargo building:

img3392denverdowntownrepublicp.jpg

And BBTV, I know anything west of the Mississippi Pittsburgh is a long way to travel, but you should come out to Denver sometime and see the Old West.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Those Raiders jerseys were pretty great.

The Blue Jays need to throw back to the 1993 jersey permanently.

And I second the Denver recommendation, as a visit destination.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

1.jpg

Seconded.

Seriously - what is so great about those jerseys? I get that you guys love block numbers and stripes, and that's totally fine, but those stripes? There's no rhyme or reason for the top stripe to be white-silver-white, the middle stripe to be just thick white, and the bottom stripe to presumably be the same as the top one, but who knows because it's always cut off.

If you're going with triple stripes, that can really be the only stripe on your sleeve - otherwise IMO it looks ridiculous.... like these.

Seconded. Now I say we have an impromptu tag team match to determine who's right. :therock::lol:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I always thought the rainbow was in reference to Colorado being colorful...every sign at the state line says "Welcome to Colorful Colorado":

And Denver does have an iconic building in its skyline - the "Cash Register" building, aka the Wells Fargo building:

And BBTV, I know anything west of the Mississippi Pittsburgh is a long way to travel, but you should come out to Denver sometime and see the Old West.

I certainly wouldn't call that "iconic", at least not outside of greater Denver. Put a silhouette of Hancock or Sears (Willis) Tower on a logo, and you know it's a Chicago logo, because of the iconic shape (most notably the dual antennae) of those buildings. People in Seattle, San Diego, Denver, Mississippi, etc. know those buildings and will recognize any skyline drawing that includes them as Chicago's, even if it's really not accurate. Same goes for NY (a little less now with the loss of WTC - the new towers like BOA just aren't really that notable... yet), SF (the bridge and the TA pyramid) and a few other cities.

And I have been west of Pittsburgh... many times, though I haven't been to Colorado yet. I was set to go as part of a cross-country road trip after graduating in '99, but the GF didn't want me to leave, and I foolishly figured that opportunities for stuff like that would come up all the time. Then I wanted to go when the Eagles were in Denver in '05, but it didn't work out with work, so I didn't make it. It's certainly still on my list, as it's one of the more intriguing cities in the country to me.

I certainly wouldn't call that "iconic", at least not outside of greater Denver. Put a silhouette of Hancock or Sears (Willis) Tower on a logo, and you know it's a Chicago logo, because of the iconic shape (most notably the dual antennae) of those buildings. People in Seattle, San Diego, Denver, Mississippi, etc. know those buildings and will recognize any skyline drawing that includes them as Chicago's, even if it's really not accurate. Same goes for NY (a little less now with the loss of WTC - the new towers like BOA just aren't really that notable... yet), SF (the bridge and the TA pyramid) and a few other cities.

And I have been west of Pittsburgh... many times, though I haven't been to Colorado yet. I was set to go as part of a cross-country road trip after graduating in '99, but the GF didn't want me to leave, and I foolishly figured that opportunities for stuff like that would come up all the time. Then I wanted to go when the Eagles were in Denver in '05, but it didn't work out with work, so I didn't make it. It's certainly still on my list, as it's one of the more intriguing cities in the country to me.

Valid points on cities having more iconic buildings than Denver - Chicago, New York (Empire State building is now the icon after 9/11, I think), Philly, Seattle, Dallas, San Fran, even Detroit with the GM Plaza. Plus, the Nuggets' 80s jerseys had the most blocky, boring skyline ever. However, I still think the Cash Register building becomes iconic for Denver once you're in the know.

And sorry you missed out on the trip after graduation. It's certainly not the metroplex of the mid-atlantic states, but it's not too shabby either.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived