Montreal Maroons

Discrim

Still mulling my Sens approach, so I'll roll out the Wanderers instead. If the style looks familiar, it should: it's the Avs' thirds, slightly altered (thanks RC). their listed colors were red and black, so i kept it that way (for all you groaning "great, more red and black")...as i said earlier, the logo is inspired somewhat by teh Mariners, although not a ripoff by any means. 100 points if you can spot it ;)

here's the jersey:

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...tlwanderers.gif

and here's the logo...

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...ndererslogo.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

probably shoulda waited til now to release the Wanderers...oh well, sometimes you homer, sometimes you miss, and sometimes you hear the distinct sound of nothing. that said, there is only one jersey this time for good reason: with the barber pole, the Sens didn't NEED another jersey. that, and they're the only ones that have actually been revived (and likely will be the only ones for some time)

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...riginalsens.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

those are cool, but having a big white block around the numbers always annoys me, but i guess you kinda hafta so you can actually read the number.

yeah, a lesser of two evils situation. either the (usually ugly) white numberplate and legible numbers or a clean back and illegible number (likely would have been white). chose the former cus if the barber poles were used today, that is likely how the number would have to be.

and now a little teaser...next up is the Pittsburgh Pirates. The only thing these will have in common with the baseball Buccos is black and gold...and one more thing that i've done before and will keep under wraps til i get it done. the hints i'll drop are that a) it's not logo related, and B) under armor :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

and now a little teaser...next up is the Pittsburgh Pirates. The only thing these will have in common with the baseball Buccos is black and gold...and one more thing that i've done before and will keep under wraps til i get it done. the hints i'll drop are that a) it's not logo related, and B) under armor :hockeysmiley:

ohta: fukui-san!

fukui: go!

ohta: yes it appears that Morimoto is up to his old tricks!

fukui: man alive this is gonna be a doozy!

:hockeysmiley:

and i thought having the Amerks follow the Maroons was a hard sell...now i gotta follow BiB's rare less-than-a-paragraph post ^_^

all kidding aside, I had an idea to separate the ice Pirates from the diamond

Buccos, and yet also an idea to link the two together while setting it apart from anything else. Arrgh...Pittsburrrgh Pirates :D

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di.../nhlpirates.gif

and logo

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...irateparrot.gif

hope ya like these, next up is either the St. Louis Eagles or Philadelphia Quakers.

2016cubscreamsig.png

They're all good, but I love the Bulldogs set. Nice detail on the Senators numbering on a white background. They actually had something like that for the numbers once, didn't they?

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

yeah, they did. since the original team didn't use gold, it woulda been kinda hard to see a black number on these :hockeysmiley: hell, IMO if i'd kept the back completely striped the only way the number would be legible, ironically, woulda been to make it white.

2016cubscreamsig.png

near done with the pre-Original Six teams, all I have to do is finish the Hamilton Tigers. Here are the Philadelphia Quakers:

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di.../phiquakers.gif

and St. Louis Eagles

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...r/stleagles.gif

the Eagles style may look familiar for a good reason: i used it in the Flint Generals project a few months back. then for the Quakers i went and made it a simpler version of the Flyers' style. and let's be frank, not much in the way of Eagles that hasn't been done, and not much you can do with Quakers. but believe me, the drawbridge ties everything together :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

looks like i'm done with the pre-O6 teams now...like many folks i eat feedback for dinner (actually it was some type of casserole featuring meat, pasta and cheese, but you get the idea)

harkening to a mix of the real Tigers' styles, the high school logo i did that got passed over :cursing: and a curious yellow/orange mix, along with a little original Bruins mixed in...no more talk, I give you the Hamilton Tigers!

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...r/hamtigers.gif

the H might look somewhat familiar: it's modified from the 'E' tiger eye logo i'd done for some kccitystar mug a month ago or so, except the eye didn't work in the H form and wasn't about to, so just stripes here. now i go to work on the California Golden Seals with one more thing to say: Get in mah belly! :P

update: the wait is over, and so is the project...for now ;) i had fun doing these jerseys and i hope you had fun checkin em out!

2016cubscreamsig.png

It's been a while since I've posted anything and I don't really contribute in any appreciable manner. However, I've gotta say that I'm really digging these. Many people have great ideas, but this really old hockey one was one just begging to be done.

I love the Maroons pinstripe jersey, the Wanderers logo and the Pirates and Tigers jerseys. The Quakers orange is nice, too.

I, for one, can't wait for the Seals, Metropolitans and especially the Millionaires. I had somebody who knows what they're doing - it sure ain't me - do a repaint of a Mats Sundin McFarlane into a Vancouver Millionaires Trevor Linden. Discrim's new retro is keeping me on the edge of my seat.

Keep up the great work!! :notworthy:

The wait for the special invites is over...and in my search for the Millionaires' and Mets' colors and unifrom schemes, i stumbled upon the colors of another team i hadn't originally listed. so i'll list my 'mystery meat' last...it's certainly not least however. here we go, time to end this:

California Golden Seals

at least six years ago, i'd been doing a little dice game with a fictional hockey league. the Seals were one of these teams (yeah, i'd learned a little about them beforehand) and the scheme i'd been envisioning was blue and gold. i dunno why, but i don't really think their green and gold scheme ever made any sense. yes, there needs to be more green, but no, you won't find it here. used the 'waves' from the Lightning alternate and i couldn't come up with anything better for the yoke. colors are powder blue, royal blue and yellow gold.

Houston Apollos

There were actually two hockey-playing Apollos, sandwiching the WHA Aeros. The original Apollos were a Canadiens farm team, while the second Apollos were Oilers and then Kings farmhands donning Aero-like uniforms. I used the Habs' red sweater and decided to go with a rust red, midnight blue and an almost white blue. yes, that is the extremely light blue on the 'white' jersey. and i know the logo's kind of a disappointment but hey, whatcha gonna do?

Vancouver Millionaires

if i'd kept it in the original maroon and white scheme, it would look too Maroon-like, for lack of better wording. so, them being the Millionaires, adding green seemed natural :hockeysmiley: the crest is a dollar sign inside a V, and the shoulder logo is just the dollar sign. and yeah, i was sapped for ideas with the font so i just went ahead and used the same font i'd used with the Maroons, Thunderbird. if i hadn't been doing this while tiring, i woulda put Linden instead.

Seattle Metropolitans

the Mets used the Sens' barber pole style, except instead of black they used green...and with them being the Mets, i figured something similar to them National Leaugers wouldn't hurt. so the M was done to closely resemble the Mets' NY. the 'white' jersey is the one with red/green/white striping and the 'dark' jersey is the red/green/black version...and instead of putting a numberplate on a la the Sens, this time i just made the back solid color aside from the bottom.

my mystery meat, the Portland Rosebuds

the Buds actually had two incarnations...the original team moved to Victoria, BC and you now know them as the Detroit Red Wings. The second Rosebuds lasted only a year, and you now call them the Chicago Blackhawks. here, i decided to use a couple former 'Hawks, the Blackhawk template and a mixture of the two schemes used: burgundy/black and blue/white...the end result was that the whole thing ended up looking like the Avs' alternate jersey in new colors. anyways, I tried to do a rose, may do one later. i woulda done it in burgundy except, as you might figure, it woulda looked even more like an Avs ripoff. like it doesn't now

so i'll just say that the 'NHL Revivals' set is over for now. I had nothing planned for teh Cleveland Barons, and you see Whalers, Jets and Nordiques concepts up the wazoo so I decided not to do those teams...and there are some more pre-NHL and western teams I'm thinking about doing too...I had fun doing these and I hope you did too :flagcanada::flagusa:

2016cubscreamsig.png

heh...a few hours and we're almost at page 2

personally, the Pirates are my overall favorite, how bout the rest a ya?

2016cubscreamsig.png

discrim, the logo on the seals jersey kinda reminds me of the San Francisco Giants mascot, Lou Seal

and FYI, my # is 41 :P

you'll get #7 and like it :D

and the logo, i'm a little disappointed in it-it's okay but in my mind it should have been better, and it sort of reminds me of an earless dog

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived