Bowl Matchups 2010-11

Gary

So you've only seen one Ohio State game in person? If so, I find that a little shocking. Dunno why, though....

You and I could probably come up with one helluvah college football talk show, by the way...

Invite me on and I guarantee you ratings.

D_G referred to your Arizona-ASU rivalry talk as "boring" with multiple O's.

No thanks.

I have opinions about other things. It's just that this was rivalry week. It's important. Arizona and ASU are each other's only rivals in football. It's a big :censored:ing deal. Now that it's in the past, there are other things to talk about, like how the Chargers are going to win the AFC West, or how I'm depressed that the Padres are probably trading Adrian Gonzalez.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you've only seen one Ohio State game in person? If so, I find that a little shocking. Dunno why, though....

You and I could probably come up with one helluvah college football talk show, by the way...

No thanks.

I have opinions about other things. It's just that this was rivalry week. It's important. Arizona and ASU are each other's only rivals in football. It's a big :censored:ing deal. Now that it's in the past, there are other things to talk about, like how the Chargers are going to win the AFC West, or how I'm depressed that the Padres are probably trading Adrian Gonzalez.

To just <1% of the US population and less than .008% of the CCSLC.

I always enjoyed the Arizona-Arizona State rivalry even though I never lived in Arizona. Plus they have one of the oldest rivalry trophies in the entire NCAA. Was first awarded in like 1899. That's got to count for something. But of course I love rivalry games in general.

niagaraq.png

Not one of the oldest. The oldest.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

UCF to the Liberty Bowl (and will likely face Georgia)

SMU to the Armed Forces Bowl to face Army

Tulsa to the Hawaii Bowl to face Hawaii

UTEP to the New Mexico Bowl to face former WAC rival BYU (NOTE: C-USA wasn't originally tied to this bowl, but a 5 conference/3 bowl agreement was made yesterday). This means one of the eligible WAC teams will jump to an open spot elsewhere.

and after big wins today, I think we can put Auburn and Oregon in the national title game now

Yup, it's true. One Buckeyes game in person. Every year I talk about going to the Horseshoe for a game and every year I end up saying "it's just too much of a hassle." Tickets are hard to get for the good games, I live 90 minutes away, and there are probably as many people who "hang around" the stadium as there are people inside. Going to a Buckeyes game is a huge undertaking.

On the talk show... Yeah we could. Find us a station down your way. I have three years experience as a talk show host.

BB52Big.jpg

No thanks.

Wow. That's some compelling stuff. I'd imagine listeners would be hanging on your every word while you told them how depressed you are that the Padres are trading Gonzalez. The Chargers winning the AFC West would be a real barnburner too. Not to mention you have Norm MacDonald wearing a goofy hat as your avatar. Yeah, you look like a real ratings bonanza. :rolleyes:

People who say "I'll get you ratings" don't get any kind of ratings. Then there's this... Hedley and I don't want you on our show.

BB52Big.jpg

No thanks.

Wow. That's some compelling stuff. I'd imagine listeners would be hanging on your every word while you told them how depressed you are that the Padres are trading Gonzalez. The Chargers winning the AFC West would be a real barnburner too. Not to mention you have Norm MacDonald wearing a goofy hat as your avatar. Yeah, you look like a real ratings bonanza. :rolleyes:

People who say "I'll get you ratings" don't get any kind of ratings. Then there's this... Hedley and I don't want you on our show.

Evidently you missed the fact that I was joking. I'm a 20-year-old college student. Who the hell would want to listen to me?

Also, how dare you hate on Turd Ferguson, sir.

RUMORS

Penn State vs Florida in the Outback Bowl

Michigan vs Tennessee in the Gator Bowl

Iowa vs Missouri in the Insight Bowl

South Carolina to the Chick-fil-A Bowl

Mississippi State to the Music City Bowl

Kentucky to the BBVA Compass Bowl

Yup, it's true. One Buckeyes game in person. Every year I talk about going to the Horseshoe for a game and every year I end up saying "it's just too much of a hassle." Tickets are hard to get for the good games, I live 90 minutes away, and there are probably as many people who "hang around" the stadium as there are people inside. Going to a Buckeyes game is a huge undertaking.

Georgia's pretty much the same way.

I'm an hour-plus from Athens. Had I not lucked into getting season tickets for a year and having a place to stay there the night before (most Athens hotels require a minimum 2-night stay, and it costs at least $25 to park for game days...and those are the spots a mile away), I'd only have seen Georgia the times they've come to Atlanta to play Georgia Tech.

Lots of matchups being set now, here are some key matchups from this early part of the day.

Sun Bowl: Miami [Florida] vs. Notre Dame

Little Caesars Bowl: FIU vs. Toledo (FIU's first ever bowl game)

TicketCity Bowl: Northwestern vs. Texas Tech (First edition of TicketCity Bowl with the game at the Cotton Bowl)

Here's everything up-to-the-minute:

New Mexico = BYU vs UTEP

Humanitarian = Fresno State vs Northern Illinois

New Orleans = Troy vs Ohio

Beef O'Brady's = Louisville vs Southern Mississippi

MAACO Las Vegas = Boise State vs Utah

Poinsettia = San Diego State vs Navy

Hawaii = Hawaii vs Tulsa

Little Caesars = Toledo vs Florida International

Independence = Air Force vs Georgia Tech

Champs Sports = West Virginia vs NC State

Military = Maryland vs East Carolina

Texas = Baylor vs Illinois

Armed Forces = SMU vs Army

Pinstripe = Syracuse vs Kansas State

Music City = North Carolina vs Tennessee

Meineke Car Care = South Florida vs Clemson

Sun = Notre Dame vs Miami, FL

Liberty = UCF vs Georgia

Chick-fil-A = South Carolina vs Florida State

TicketCity = Northwestern vs Texas Tech

Outback = Penn State vs Florida

Capital One = Michigan State vs Alabama

Gator = Michigan vs Mississippi State

Rose = Wisconsin vs TCU

GoDaddy.com = Miami (OH) vs Middle Tennessee State

Cotton = Texas A&M vs LSU

BBVA Compass = Pittsburgh vs Kentucky

Kraft Fight Hunger = Nevada vs Boston College

BCS Championship = Auburn vs Oregon

Here's what still needs to be determined:

Insight = (Nebraska/Missouri/Oklahoma State) vs Iowa

Alamo = (Nebraska/Missouri/Oklahoma State) vs (Arizona/Washington)

Holiday = (Nebraska/Missouri/Oklahoma State) vs (Arizona/Washington)

Fiesta = Oklahoma vs (Connecticut/Stanford/Ohio State)

Orange = Virginia Tech vs (Stanford/Connecticut)

Sugar = Arkansas vs (Ohio State/Stanford)

Temple and Western Michigan are eligible but did not receive bowl invitations.

Gator = Michigan vs Mississippi State

Ah, kinda disappointed that the Bulldogs couldn't come to Atlanta. Would've been cool to take in the Chick Fil A Bowl atmosphere downtown with a team that I'm actually pulling for. Oh well, this is still an enticing matchup. I think this will be the first time Michigan & Miss. State will play each other. Should be entertaining.

I definitely don't fault the Chick Fil A Bowl for taking South Carolina & Florida State, though. That's a pretty sexy matchup. Too bad Gamecock fans will have to return to the scene of the crime from yesterday. :P

I'm hearing on Twitter Mizzou to Insight, UW/Nebraska in the Holiday and Zona/OK St. in the Alamo.

I'm hearing on Twitter Mizzou to Insight, UW/Nebraska in the Holiday and Zona/OK St. in the Alamo.

2nd place in Conference = 5th pick in Bowl priority. Are we sure Conference officials have nothing to do with the selection process?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And this is confirmed.

That means Arizona and Oklahoma State will play each other twice in a three-game span.

And this is confirmed.

That means Arizona and Oklahoma State will play each other twice in a three-game span.

Le huh?

Oh, and the best part of the Holiday Bowl: The chance for sweet, sweet revenge.

Archived