Bowl Matchups 2010-11

Gary

I'm hearing on Twitter Mizzou to Insight, UW/Nebraska in the Holiday and Zona/OK St. in the Alamo.

And this is confirmed.

That means Arizona and Oklahoma State will play each other twice in a three-game span.

Le huh?

Oh, and the best part of the Holiday Bowl: The chance for sweet, sweet revenge.

No.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Le huh?

Arizona will travel to Stillwater for their second game next year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm hearing on Twitter Mizzou to Insight, UW/Nebraska in the Holiday and Zona/OK St. in the Alamo.

And this is confirmed.

That means Arizona and Oklahoma State will play each other twice in a three-game span.

Le huh?

No (chance that Nebraska can win)

Fixed for you, rams. You can thank me later. ;)

Oh, and I didn't know that about between the two. Good way for these two to get really acquainted fast.

And this is confirmed.

Le huh?

Oh, and I didn't know that about between the two. Good way for these two to get really acquainted fast.

OK dude, seriously. I can understand the smack talk at the Rams, especially given their difficulties on the road/closing out games, but Nebraska absolutely blew the Huskies and Jake Locker's NFL hopes out of the water in Seattle. The Huskies have only one hope-that Nebraska is sufficiently upset about going to the Holiday Bowl that they don't care about playing hard.

EDIT and of course these teams are going to play early next season too. Way to go Bowl committee. *facepalm*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And this is confirmed.

Le huh?

OK dude, seriously. I can understand the smack talk at the Rams, especially given their difficulties on the road/closing out games, but Nebraska absolutely blew the Huskies and Jake Locker's NFL hopes out of the water in Seattle. The Huskies have only one hope-that Nebraska is sufficiently upset about going to the Holiday Bowl that they don't care about playing hard.

Have you forgotten how mortal Taylor Martinez has become ever since the Washington game? Not exactly lighting the world on fire, you know. Just because the result of the first game was lopsided doesn't mean it's going to happen again.

Speaking of Georgia and bowls....we've purchased a pair of Liberty Bowl tickets, as just about every pundit has them playing in Memphis. So the bowls the SEC has ties to better not throw curveballs come Sunday evening. Plus, may as well enjoy the festivities, frivality, and debauchery that Beale Street can offer on New Year's Eve. Good thing my friend lives within stumbling distance of downtown....

It's official...Georgia vs. Central Florida in the Liberty Bowl!

It's the first time I'll be attending a bowl game. Now if I can only get a chance to go to a game in Jacksonville, it'll complete most Georgia fans' realistic bucket lists (home game, road game, Georgia-Georgia Tech, Georgia-Florida in Jacksonville, SEC Championship game, bowl game).

And now I'll have to go to the Kooky Canuck there and check out their 7lb burger...

Definitely going to the Alamo Bowl this year (already have my tickets). I'll definitely be watching one heck of a football game with 'Zona and Okie State. I'm sitting on the Big 12 side of the Alamodome...so I'm going to be rooting for the 'Pokes and wearing orange and black. Sorry 'Zona, fans. But hey, at least I'm not an Arizona State fan, right?

Bama vs. Sparty in the Cap One bowl should be a good time, Also really looking forward to this game.

Sun Bowl... Catholics vs. Convicts, Though Miami isn't a team riddled with bad kids anymore, Still should be a good time ushering in the New Era of Miami Hurricanes.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Three things I like about Ohio State - Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl.

1. It's not the Fiesta Bowl.

2. For once I feel like the Buckeyes actually have a fighting chance against an SEC team.

3. There aren't many Razorbacks fans around here so I shouldn't get too much flack after the Buckeyes get their asses kicked. :D

And one thing I don't like...

My brother lives in Key West. We were hoping for an Orange Bowl bid for Ohio State so we could get tickets and go. Oh well. We're still going to OSU -Miami next season.

BB52Big.jpg

And this is confirmed.

Le huh?

Have you forgotten how mortal Taylor Martinez has become ever since the Washington game? Not exactly lighting the world on fire, you know. Just because the result of the first game was lopsided doesn't mean it's going to happen again.

I'm a UW alum and couldn't be happier my team finally made a bowl game.

However, there's no chance they're beating Nebraska. Zero.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I tuned in at halftime, and, rooting for Nevada, that was the most pure fun I've had watching college football in years. Thank you Kyle Brotzman for a giddy night.

What do you know, now I'm rooting against Nevada, who will be facing BC in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl (former Emerald Bowl) on Jan. 9. It's been a down year for sure, but BC has won 5 in a row and Montel Harris (star RB) should have enough time now to come back from his injury. Plus, this will be the swan song for Mark Herzlich, whose awesomeness as a player and a person is beyond words.

I'm fully expecting Nevada will blow us out of the water, but I'm pumped about this matchup. It will be exciting to see how this young team faces a powerhouse like Nevada on a big stage (second-to-last game of the year). Go Eagles!

Archived