NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, can someone tell me why the heck New Orleans isn't wearing thier 1967 throwbacks today? They would have been the best looking team playing today if they trotted those out, it's a shame they aren't.

I'm not sure. The Saints haven't worn a throwback since 2002, I think. Perhaps Payton doesn't want to wear throwbacks because the teams weren't great?

I like that the Saints didn't wear mustard accented throwbacks. I only wish they had went with their gold pants over their black ones. Gold looks MUCH better.

Most Saints fans would agree with you. The black pants carry a curse with them, believe it or not. Well, not an actual curse, just they haven't been too lucky in them.

I look forward to the color-on-color Patriots/Lions game. It should look awesome, just like a few years ago.

I am gonna jerk myself raw watching this game.

I just hope it makes Infurred's Top 3 next week.

In fact, I think Infurred is flipping the coin at this rumble in Ford Field. :grin:

You'll have to wait until Sunday to find out. Still, I'm just thrilled that you're paying attention. Douche bag.

BB52Big.jpg

Patriots-Lions game looks amazingly boring.

Fixed. Or at least that's my opinion.

Current Lions > '19th century' Lions

Current Patriots >>>>> 'Bending over for the '85 Bears' Patriots

WRONG! They look awsome. Why the Patriots dont go back to these full time is beyond me. The "Pat the Patriot" look is so great and the boring navy with piping look is so lame.

I thought the game, overall, looked awsome. The Lions throwbacks have been great since they trotted them out few years back. Awsome look to the game.

No he had it right. I've Pop Warner teams with better uniforms than the crap the lions trotted out yesterday. Yeah I understand it's a throwback, but I would love to see them throw it back in trash and leave it there. And the Patriots, while it wasn't ugly, it wasn't anything special to look at either

For what they are, once a season holiday uniforms, the Lions throwbacks are fine. Are they bland? Yes. Should they be the basis of a new primary look? No.

They aren't used that often, though, so I don't see the issue.

I like that the Saints didn't wear mustard accented throwbacks. I only wish they had went with their gold pants over their black ones. Gold looks MUCH better.

Most Saints fans would agree with you. The black pants carry a curse with them, believe it or not. Well, not an actual curse, just they haven't been too lucky in them.

Well, this Saints fan doesn't agree with that opinion. I don't like gold pants with the white jerseys because there's not enough of a color contrast from white to gold, especially since the Saints' gold pants are lighter these days.

I just wish the black pants were the ones with striping that they wore from 1976-85. I prefer the gold pants with black jerseys, but I prefer the black pants with white jerseys.

They need to start making throwbacks on thanksgiving mandatory again, I would love to see the jets throwback to all white 68-69.

They'd never do that because it's too similar to what they currently wear that your average fan wouldn't have any idea it's a throwback. Then they wouldn't be able to market it.

The only Jets throwbacks you'd ever see is their late 70's - mid 90's set. Obviously the Titans era throwbacks have already run their course.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Well, this Saints fan doesn't agree with that opinion. I don't like gold pants with the white jerseys because there's not enough of a color contrast from white to gold, especially since the Saints' gold pants are lighter these days.

I just wish the black pants were the ones with striping that they wore from 1976-85. I prefer the gold pants with black jerseys, but I prefer the black pants with white jerseys.

I agree with this. Current jerseys, helmets, and socks. Gold pants with the black-white-black striping with the black jersey and the black pants with the gold-white-gold striping with the white jersey, albeit with the original brass gold. This way, if nothing else, you have a more visible gold, an appropriate color balance, and consistent striping.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The way the light was hitting the Panthers pants early in this game game them the appearance on TV that they were wearing their silver pants with the white jerseys. I got excited for about three seconds before I realized they're the old stupid white road pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The way the light was hitting the Panthers pants early in this game game them the appearance on TV that they were wearing their silver pants with the white jerseys. I got excited for about three seconds before I realized they're the old stupid white road pants.

CARpanthers-white-silver.jpg

Make it happen, Panthers.

(Carolina actually did do this for one game--in 1998 for their last game against the Colts. I have a photo of it somewhere....)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Holee sheeit. The Chefs have rediscovered their red pants...wearing them up there at Qwest.

All I can say is: it's about freakin' time. Good job, Chefs.

Speaking of the west, the Broncos have decided to go dark mono today.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived