NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denver should go mono-navy full-time. I'm ready to start giving white pants the boot, they're boring especially when something better can be worn.

They need to go with the orange top full time. The all navy is an ok look, but as Sportscenter said it looks better at night.

jNTsTyQ.png

Watching the Eagles-Bears game, I keep noticing that the big "C" logo at midfield looks like it is crooked or something.

I know this isn't a uniform-related observation, but I didn't think it warranted a whole new message thread.

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

4981734.jpg

I wouldn't mind it one bit if the Ravens designated this as their primary home look and designated the purple top as the alternate.

4981634.jpg

So glad KC rediscovered these. This look, to me, is far superior to the white-over-white with white socks. (Had they matched the red socks with the white-over-white, it'd have looked much better to me.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I thought the black-purple-black look was perfect for them. They just need better helmet striping and a better logo on it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought the black-purple-black look was perfect for them. They just need better helmet striping and a better logo on it.

I agree about the helmet. The purple tapered stripes get lost in the black shell and thier logo doesn't work on a helmet (beacuase the B looks awful when the bird head is flipped). I like their primary purple tops better than the black ones though, probably just beacause I really like the color purple.

jNTsTyQ.png

I agree about the helmet. The purple tapered stripes get lost in the black shell and thier logo doesn't work on a helmet (beacuase the B looks awful when the bird head is flipped). I like their primary purple tops better than the black ones though, probably just beacause I really like the color purple.

That's what I'm saying - black helmet, purple jerseys, black pants.

Maybe their helmet would look ok if they did a Jaguars-type thing and had purple flakes in the black.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's what I'm saying - black helmet, purple jerseys, black pants.

Maybe their helmet would look ok if they did a Jaguars-type thing and had purple flakes in the black.

Ooh...I think you may be onto something.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yeah, Ravens are black last time I checked.

Ravens are really more iridescent so BBTV has the right idea.

Raven_Cypress_Provincial_Park_2.JPG

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Infrared41's Best and Worst Looking Games of The Week...

Best:

1. Steelers - Bills: Twice a season the Bills look like an NFL team. This is one of those times. The best throwback in the NFL (until the Redskins bring back the 75th anniversary set anyway.) Throw in the Steelers and we have an easy winner for the top spot this week. The Bills really need to go to this look or some derivative of it full time. And they need to do it right away.

Steelers_Bills_Football.sff_76185_game.jpgSteelers_Bills_Football.sff_76048_game.jpg

2. Panthers - Browns: Great mix of traditional and modern.

Panthers_Browns_Football.sff_76165_game.jpg

3. Titans - Texans: Proof that "modern" uniforms don't have to look stupid. The Titans can look really good. They just need to choose to do so more often. The Texans home look is one of the best and that helmet is just killer.

Titans_Texans_Football.sff_76033_game.jpg

4. Dolphins - Raiders: The only thing that would make this better (and what kept it out of the number two slot) are the Dolphins pants. They just look better in all white. Two of the best helmets in the NFL.

Dolphins_Raiders_Football.sff_76226_game.jpg

5. Eagles - Bears: If you insist on "modern" and wearing dark pants then at least look as good as the Eagles when you're doing it. My only issues with the Eagles look, and their minor issues, is the shade of green (it's just boring) and I'm not crazy about the number font. Still a fine looking set though. The Bears have the best home uniform in football.

Eagles_Bears_Football.sff_76243_game.jpg

Honorable mention: Hey, the Cowboys actually matched this week. How about that DennisBergan? :D Love the helmets. I think they should lose the white shoulders. The Saints ruined a potential top three nod this week by wearing the black pants.

APTOPIX_Saints_Cowboys_Football.sff_75959_game.jpg

Worst looking:

Lucky for us, there were no real train wrecks this week.

Other notes: The Lions throwbacks were cool for a while. Now they just look incomplete. That said, the dual dark jerseys in that game were way cool. The NFL should allow more of that.

That's it for this week. Thanks for tuning in.

BB52Big.jpg

Best uniform in the entire NFL makes this game the best looking game for me. While I don't mind the Bills standard uniforms, the throwback is money.

Bills.jpg

Worst looking game was a tough pick this week for me as most of the games actually had two decent looking sets. But if I had to pick one, I say Ravens/Bucs. While I actually like the Bucs pewter/white/pewter look, I cannot stand the Ravens black/black/white look.

ravens.jpg

BBTV's idea concerning the Ravens is an awesome idea. If that could work for any team in the NFL, it's the Ravens. Granted, I think their look on Sunday should be their primary home look, but that helmet would look awesome w/ the purple jersey & black pants.

The Broncos looked nice in monochrome. I've always felt that as long as the helmet is the same color as the uniform (& the uni itself isn't a complete train wreck), then monochrome isn't bad at all.

I didn't have a favorite combo this weekend. A lot of the match-ups features classic vs. modern.

If I had to pic a Best: Steelers vs. Bills

Runner-up: Bucs vs. Ravens

Worst: Patriots vs. Lions

Worst non-throwback: Panthers vs. Browns

6uXNWAo.png

the Bills throwback is probably my favorite all time NFL uniform. i love seeing it. especially on cold snowy days. amazing

i like the Broncos monochrome look too. i think monochrome only works with dark colors (or white) and having orange (the opposite color of blue) on the uniform also helps a lot. your eyes are not about to send you into a seizure because the colors are so flattering

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived