NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't understand why the Bills haven't switched to throwbacks as their primary. They have both dark and white versions. I don't think there's a person on the planet who doesn't prefer their throwbacks.

Maybe because this way, at least people are interested in them twice a year. If they went full time, the novelty would wear off quick and they wouldn't get any attention.

Well, at least we uniform geeks pay attention twice per year.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't understand why the Bills haven't switched to throwbacks as their primary. They have both dark and white versions. I don't think there's a person on the planet who doesn't prefer their throwbacks.

Maybe because this way, at least people are interested in them twice a year. If they went full time, the novelty would wear off quick and they wouldn't get any attention.

Well, at least we uniform geeks pay attention twice per year.

And we bitch about their primary uniforms the other 14 games. So really the Bills get far more attention than they deserve.

BB52Big.jpg

Best uniform in the entire NFL makes this game the best looking game for me. While I don't mind the Bills standard uniforms, the throwback is money.

Bills.jpg

Worst looking game was a tough pick this week for me as most of the games actually had two decent looking sets. But if I had to pick one, I say Ravens/Bucs. While I actually like the Bucs pewter/white/pewter look, I cannot stand the Ravens black/black/white look.

ravens.jpg

I just ordered a new Bills jersey last night. Unlike everyone else, I love their uniforms: Buffalo_Bills.jpg

spacer.png

I just ordered a new Bills jersey last night. Unlike everyone else, I love their uniforms: Buffalo_Bills.jpg

I didn't say I hated the standard, I just think the throwback in the best jersey in the NFL. I actually like the standard unis. Which jersey did you get?

I didn't say I hated the standard, I just think the throwback in the best jersey in the NFL. I actually like the standard unis. Which jersey did you get?

Steve Johnson (because he is from Kentucky)

BTW: My Top 5 best looking games for the week.

1. Lions vs Patriots: Love the Patriots Throwbacks.

2. Texans vs Titans: Texans have the best set in the NFL!

3. Redskins vs. Vikings: Gold Pants have to stay

4. Colts vs. Chargers: I love the Chargers away uniform

5. Seahawks vs. Chiefs: The best looking uniform in the league.

Worst uniform sets of the week:

1. Cardinals vs. 49ers: 49ers are horrible and the Cardinals are worse.

2. Cowboys vs. Saints: Because the Cowboys are too inconsistent

spacer.png

I thought this was a fantastic looking game. The Red pants really pop in HD, and the red-white look contrasted beautifully with the Mono Steel/NavyBlue.

d83328720efa682a66f13146a8581d45-getty-98667396og025.jpg

The Chiefs have one of the nicest overall looks in the league. I think the one thing that would put it over the top is if they went with a bright, metallic red helmet to match the pants rather than their current flat red. Look how drab the helmet looks in comparison to the pants in the above picture.

I can sympathize with Bills fans who like their uniforms. I feel like their uniforms have a lot of character because they have a CFL feel to them. It kind of fits. If the Bills were actually good I might also find their dark navy homes a little bit more intimidating than that light blue with the white.

They need to start making throwbacks on thanksgiving mandatory again, I would love to see the jets throwback to all white 68-69.

Agree about throwbacks on Thanksgiving, but most people wouldn't even notice if the JETS wore their '68 throwback. I myself would. I liked that pointed logo on the 45° angle and the gray facemask that they wore back then. The green was lighter too.

Dallas' 1960 throwbacks are awesome!

Regarding the New England throwback from Thanksgiving Day; I liked their 60's version that they donned last year much better. The gray facemask looks much better on a white helmet IMO.

As far as my beloved BILLS area concerned, I wish we'd go back to our 1965 throwbacks as the regular uniform. Use the early 90's with the red helmets and royal blue jerseys as the throwbacks. This navy blue on blue is horrid, and represents nothing but losing and way too many colors.

09000d5d812a240e_gallery_600.jpg

d83328720efa682a66f13146a8581d45-getty-98667396og025.jpg

Yeah this was my pick for best-looking game of the week--specifically because of the contrast. Personally, I think the Chiefs have one of the best looks in the league (it's the bright red trimmed with that nice, bright saffron) against the dulled Puget Slate of the Seahawks.

Titans/Texans is my pick for second-best. I'm not telling my pick for third place...don't wanna be a homer. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Best:

The best throwback in the NFL (until the Redskins bring back the 75th anniversary set anyway.)

Steelers_Bills_Football.sff_76185_game.jpg

Honorable mention: Hey, the Cowboys actually matched this week. How about that DennisBergan? :D Love the helmets. I think they should lose the white shoulders. The Saints ruined a potential top three nod this week by wearing the black pants.

APTOPIX_Saints_Cowboys_Football.sff_75959_game.jpg

If these are the REDSKINS uniforms you're referring to, I'm in full agreement. These are one of my all-time favorite throwback uniforms.

PHO-10Apr06-215972.jpg

Lombardi changed 'em in 1970 to these, which they wore for one game against the NY Giants a few seasons ago.

800px-Redskins_vs_Giants_line_of_scrimmage_throwbacks.jpg

As far as tweaking the COWBOYS throwbacks with the white shoulders, I do not agree .... I'd leave 'em alone, but Dallas will never change their uni's from what they've worn since '64. It's too bad too, their throwbacks I love.

They need to start making throwbacks on thanksgiving mandatory again, I would love to see the jets throwback to all white 68-69.

Agree about throwbacks on Thanksgiving, but most people wouldn't even notice if the JETS wore their '68 throwback. I myself would. I liked that pointed logo on the 45° angle and the gray facemask that they wore back then. The green was lighter too.

Dallas' 1960 throwbacks are awesome!

Regarding the New England throwback from Thanksgiving Day; I liked their 60's version that they donned last year much better. The gray facemask looks much better on a white helmet IMO.

As far as my beloved BILLS area concerned, I wish we'd go back to our 1965 throwbacks as the regular uniform. Use the early 90's with the red helmets and royal blue jerseys as the throwbacks. This navy blue on blue is horrid, and represents nothing but losing and way too many colors.

09000d5d812a240e_gallery_600.jpg

is it just me or that bills helmet look really weird?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

If these are the REDSKINS uniforms you're referring to, I'm in full agreement. These are one of my all-time favorite throwback uniforms.

PHO-10Apr06-215972.jpg

I know everyone refers to this as a Redskin throwback, but I don't think it actually is. I believe this was just a sort of "tribute" to an older uniform. Those sleeves stripes with the imbeded logo are new, as are the hip logos.

I'm not that in love with it, myself. I've never liked the idea of hiding a logo inside a sleeve stripe when other teams do it (late 90's 49ers, 80's Packers, etc.)... just doesn't work for me. And I'd rather not have stripes on the socks if they don't match the sleeve stripes. To me, that's the whole point of sock stripes... to echo the sleeve (see the Bears and the Chiefs).

PHO-10Apr06-215972.jpg

Lombardi changed 'em in 1970 to these, which they wore for one game against the NY Giants a few seasons ago.

As far as tweaking the COWBOYS throwbacks with the white shoulders, I do not agree .... I'd leave 'em alone, but Dallas will never change their uni's from what they've worn since '64. It's too bad too, their throwbacks I love.

They are indeed. oldschoolvikings makes a good point in that those aren't technically throwbacks so much as a "tribute" but they are still the best NFL uniforms ever if you ask me. The Redskins wore those in celebration of their 70th season not 75th as I stated earlier.

I'm in the minority but I really like the 1970 look too. Those helmets are killer.

BB52Big.jpg

They are indeed. oldschoolvikings makes a good point in that those aren't technically throwbacks so much as a "tribute" but they are still the best NFL uniforms ever if you ask me. The Redskins wore those in celebration of their 70th season not 75th as I stated earlier.

I'm in the minority but I really like the 1970 look too. Those helmets are killer.

I liked their 1970 look too, just not nearly as much as their '65-'69 version.

I just found it odd that they chose to make it in the white jersey, which they wore on the road in those days, and they only wore them for that one game.

Archived