Design Company Identity

Steve-O

How does this logo look for a design company?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello everyone! I have been whipping up ideas for if I did come up with a design company. I came up with Morris Design. Morris is my last name, creative I know. I was just wondering what you all thought of the logo. I think it is pretty solid but I am curious as to what you think. Please mind that it is created in MS Paint so don't grade it upon that. Input is appreciated! Thanks for your time!

morrisdesign.gif

I like the logo, and I like the text... simple but effective.

Only thing bothering me are the gray and white dots above the I's. Maybe make them the same color as the word they're hovering over, or eliminate them completely... that's about the only thing bothering me... and maybe try making the dots to the left of the wordmark a bit smaller, just to see how it would look.

I definitely see what you're going for, and I must say I like it.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

There's a few things I'd probably tweak about this, though the dots aren't one of them--I like the contrast with those.

Were it my own, I'd move the m up above the wordmark, and lose the shadow portion of it, just using the silhouetted black/white.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You have a nice start there, but all the elements together create a confusing message.

I get the cast reverse shadow on the m, very dynamic. But I don't understand all the dots before the lettering. If you need to leave them in, and want to notice the dots over the eyes, make all the dots the same color. Maybe you can have "morris" one weight and "design" another weight, instead of two different colors.

Is there a way to have the two words above each other? If you have the dots gray and the lettering white, maybe you could line the dots and the vertical strokes of the "i"s up that it reads "M" in morse code, or something like that. I would want to read something into the gray dots over white slashes if they are going to be obviously noticeable. The M in code is "--" (2 dashes).

I'm not trying to force ideas on you, just giving some feedback into how I read the dots.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You have a nice start there, but all the elements together create a confusing message.

I get the cast reverse shadow on the m, very dynamic. But I don't understand all the dots before the lettering. If you need to leave them in, and want to notice the dots over the eyes, make all the dots the same color. Maybe you can have "morris" one weight and "design" another weight, instead of two different colors.

Is there a way to have the two words above each other? If you have the dots gray and the lettering white, maybe you could line the dots and the vertical strokes of the "i"s up that it reads "M" in morse code, or something like that. I would want to read something into the gray dots over white slashes if they are going to be obviously noticeable. The M in code is "--" (2 dashes).

I'm not trying to force ideas on you, just giving some feedback into how I read the dots.

Thank you very very much for ideas jp! I am definitely going to mess around with this. I highly appreciate your in put everyone! Thank you!

are you secretly Maury? :hockeysmiley:

just wondering, the M looks like the one he uses on his show

THAT's where I've seen that... Steve-O is now officially to be referred to as Povich.

I wonder if he has a wife? we'll call her Connie.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived