Lions-Patriots

jeh-see

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowboys vs. 'Texans' last year in KC.

capt-ab40ee9f3e254e3ca6dd77e4c1dbddc9-cowboys_chiefs_football_mocr109.jpg

Call it me, but wouldn't it have made much more sense to play this game in Dallas? Maybe as a pre-season game at the Cotton Bowl.

But I agree that color vs. color should happen more often. If it were up to me, I'd install a "primary" and "clash" system like in Euro football. And also like across the pond, there would be no rule stating that the clash jersey has to be white... although I'm sure the more "traditional" teams like the Packers, Giants, Steelers, etc. would go that route anyway, it would allow teams like the Texans to ditch their road whites altogether and just use navy and red.

The Cowboys and Broncos started this trend in 2001 of color-on-color throwbacks:

5182505581_98f9894ec1_o.jpg

In 2002, the Lions and Pats previewed this year's matchup, and the Cowboys and Redskins joined the fun as well

5182064468_767b632293_o.jpg5182412047_fafca1b454_o.jpg

In 2004, the Cowboys and Bears ended the trend, at least until today

5182189072_935661f8af_o.jpg

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Love color vs. color in football. Definitely don't see it enough.

Agreed. I've never been a fan of away or home whites in sports. I've always found that teams are better represented in their full colors without having white as a neutral set.

Agree. For football, I'd like to see a rule like in soccer where both teams can wear colors as long as they clash; i.e., the jerseys and the pants clash (so no teams both wearing white pants). Not much you can do about the helmets not clashing, but I think making sure the pants also clash would make the matchup look much better. Of course, the clash guidelines for pants can be less strict for jerseys, so athletic gold-metallic gold and red-orange could be considered clashing for the purpose of pants, but not necessarily for jerseys.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

uniwatch - White at Home in the NFL

this also has color vs color at the bottom of the link

There have also been several games with no white jerseys. Here are the instances of color vs. color jerseys since 1957: 1957: Rams (yellow) at 49ers (red), Rams (yellow) at Lions (honolulu blue), Rams (yellow) at Bears (navy); 1994: 49ers (red) at Rams (yellow), Rams (yellow) at Chiefs (red); 2001: Broncos (orange) at Cowboys (blue); 2002: Patriots (red) at Lions (honolulu blue), Redskins (burgundy) at Cowboys (blue); Vikings (purple) at Saints (gold); 2003: Cowboys (blue) at Patriots (silver), Dolphins (aqua) at Patriots (silver); 2004: Bears (orange) at Cowboys (blue), Bengals (black) at Patriots (silver); 2005: Chargers (navy) at Patriots (silver); 2006: Texans (navy) at Patriots (silver); 2007: Bills (dark blue) at Patriots (silver); 2009: Cowboys (blue) at Chiefs (red).

footer_helmet.gif

Am I the only one who liked those Cowboys jerseys with the big shoulder stars and contrasting sleeves?

FF_478700_xl.jpgDallas-Cowboys-1994-%20Michael-%20Irvin-White-%20Jersey-With-75th%20Patch.jpg

Seriously, this is what they should be wearing full-time. Oh, and they should start wearing blue at home more often, too.

No, you aren't the only one...

but you should be. Those are a mess.

Am I the only one who liked those Cowboys jerseys with the big shoulder stars and contrasting sleeves?

FF_478700_xl.jpgDallas-Cowboys-1994-%20Michael-%20Irvin-White-%20Jersey-With-75th%20Patch.jpg

Seriously, this is what they should be wearing full-time. Oh, and they should start wearing blue at home more often, too.

I'll gladly take these over what they're wearing now.

Archived