DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skins look PERFECT. GREAT WORK! I'd love to see this set adopted.

Seachickens are greatly improved over their current mess. I like the return of silver and especially the green to the helmet logo and the correction of the biggest flaw, not connecting in the back.

I like their use of lime green and it needs to be emphasized more as you did. Not a huge fan of the panels around the back number and sides, but the color scheme and pants logo make up for them.

87Redskins.png

Ok next up is the Vikings! Now this concept really wasn't that much fun to do. Somebody asked I change up the Vikings outside the box, but I really couldn't find anything too drastic that I could do. I mean I went back to the Viking on the sleeves, changed the pants striping, and added under piping. I tried to emphasize gold. This one is really a "heres what I have, what should I do to improve?" kind of concept. I'm not too pleased so I'd love some feedback. Should I add a purple pants? C&C!! Here it is:

Home

Away

All Purple

These have been minimally updated in post 38

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

i was thinking about maybe instead of the yellow under the arms, maybe doing a different purple? like distinct tones. Think the seahawks current set. would that be betteR?

I would try a triple stripe under the arms like you have on the pants...just continue the striping up the jersey, but cut off between the bottom of the jersey and where the yellow is currently. Yellow-white-yellow on the home, and purple-yellow-purple on the road.

Quick question- Would anybody like to see a pro combat epic template 3D attempt at one or two from each team? If so, which unis etc. I just wanted to see how they looked all realistic and such. I will start the Browns soon (after I finish updates on Viqueens)

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I would be disappointed of the Vikings used these jerseys. The yellow under the arms is not working. White would look better. Mbannon's suggestion could look really well. You should try experimenting some more, because these are kind of bland or have been done before. But hey at least you're trying hard.

Just make a vertical stripe on the sides of the jersey that looks just like the pants stripe. Start it under the arms and end it at the line that's currently the bottom of the yellow area. On the home, make the stripe yellow on the outside and white on the inside, and on the road make it purple on the outside and yellow on the inside.

Ok that sounds good. But what about the fact that the jersey is purple, thus making the purple stripes on the outside nonexistent. Add white outlines? Invert colors?

As I said twice, on the home uniforms make the outside stripes yellow, and the inside stripe white. And I wouldn't do the same with the collars...too close to the Packers.

That's not quite what I meant...I meant stop the stripe on the jersey where the curved stitching is, which is where the bottom of your yellow side panel was, not to continue all the way down the side. I also don't like that you changed the pants on the home...right now they don't look very good, and you left it purple on the back of the pants.

Archived