DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

Ok so instead of starting a new team, I wanted to mess around in Photoshop with Rezlands super duper spiffy sexy template. I tried to recreate the home uniforms of each of the teams I have done so far. I think they look pretty good, and I might decide to do this for every team I put out with mBannons template. Just an FWI and I should have them up soon. After that... Which team should I do next? Bills or Browns? I'll add a poll.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok heres a question with the Bills which I'm working on: Should I stay with either red or white, or go withBLUE. I get the idea fromTHIS UniWatch post on potential 2nd NFL helmets. Would it work well with a Blue top home uniform? Thoughts? Thanks

Sorry, the "this" goes to the page its on. It's in there somewhere.

potd 10/20/12

As a lifelong Buffalo Bills Fan, I think that(aside from throwbacks) The Buffalo Bills helmets should always remain red. Like all CCSLC users i'm a huge logo/uniform nerd :wacko: . The Story behind the Bills Red helmets is one of the coolest (and fitting of the Bills I might add) in sports. For a time 4 of 5 teams in the old AFC East (which included the Colts) wore white helmets (Jets wore green). Former Bills QB Joe Ferguson threw a large number of interceptions so to help him differentiate between receivers and defenders Buffalo elected to make the switch to Red helmets to begin the 1984 season and the team has kept them since (though striping and facemask color have been modified).

To answer your question: Red helmets are only the way to go

P.S. Sorry for the history lesson lol :lol:

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

Ok that actually helps me a lot. I scrapped the blue idea. I was going to do either a white or red. And if I did white, I was thinking about doing the current logo inverted (red bison, blue stripe), but if a bills fan says its gotta be red, thats cool. I mean I want to think outside the box with these, do you think a erd helmet with like... a blue of the throwback buffalo would be good? white? thanks. and btw my unis themselves are pretty old style.

potd 10/20/12

Having not seen your unis yet, i think its conceivable that you could use a white helmet. In my last post I was merely expressing my distaste for blue helmet concepts as they usually have red jerseys. As for the logo I think the old style buffalo would like great on a red helmet, if it were made slightly more modern or fierce (like the lions 2009 logo change). The unused 2002 logo is pretty ugly but the modernized buffalo on it is epic.fa2ed86heghaczg9phhfigavw.gif

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

Right. When I get home I think ill try out the old buffalo on a red, maybe having him blue or white. I also could try a white helmet with the current buffalo, or a red versioj (blue stripe) of the current. Illl play around. Im doing the 60's style striping throughout, so having the helmet woulld literally make it the throwback. Hah I guess we shall see...

potd 10/20/12

Steelers please? Lovin' the Seahawks looks though they're a little complicated.

Also, where did you get this template? I swear the links to these on the templates thread are broken.

You can find the template on the "The SVG Movement" thread...it's the last one on the football list.

ok hopefully the bills will be up tonight with pro combat (rezland template photoshop) for redskins, hawks, vikings. right now, im just doing a rezland template exactly like my 2D mbannon template designs, but if anyone wants I can try to go crazy procombat sometime. So... just to get things in perspective: Tonight: Bills 2D, Redskins, Vikings, Seahawks 3D (only doing the homes for 3d for now). After that: Browns or Steelers 2D/Bills 3D

potd 10/20/12

TEAM 4.

Buffalo Bills

As we all know, the Bills might have the worst uniforms in football. I can't decide which is worse, the ugly home or ugly away.t we also know is that the Bills throwbacks are some of the best uniforms in the game. I tried to keep the throwbacks almost completely intact with the exception of the helmet. Red&Blue Crew brought to my attention that the Bills have a great story behind the red helmet, and after thinking about it, I thought why not keep it. So, I changed the old buffalo to Blue, as the current Buffalo is blue. I didn't make it white because we have seen a red buffalo, and we have seen a blue buffalo. I'm extremely pleased with this set and I would love some C&C. Thanks!

THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED

Home Away HomeAlternate AwayAlternate

potd 10/20/12

Right, I mean the white helmet was an option, but I just didn't want to go COMPLETELY throwback. Also, Red&Blue Crew's story (up a bit on the thread) was really cool on why the Bills went to a red helmet. I think it also works well with the blue jersey, but thanks still!

potd 10/20/12

I agree with AnythingChicago on the helmet, and I also would make the sleeve striping all consistent. So, on the road uniforms, I would make all four sleeve stripes blue with red outlines, like on the home, and on the red jersey, I would make them white with blue outlines, like the helmet.

Right, I mean the white helmet was an option, but I just didn't want to go COMPLETELY throwback. Also, Red&Blue Crew's story (up a bit on the thread) was really cool on why the Bills went to a red helmet. I think it also works well with the blue jersey, but thanks still!

Oh, I saw your description why but not his. And that is a cool reason to use red helmets.

25yzwqg.png

Archived