DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

Any more votes before I decide what the final is? I would like thoughts on anything, even if you voted for an option already there. Right now we have the bolt pattern CLEARLY winning (DARN! thats gunna be hard to make! any suggestions from the photoshop gods?) Most people want to se powder blue and white pants, while most would like to see powder be cut all together if a color had to be... hmm. I honestly am leaning towards something like navy/white pants or maybe navy/powder pants. I can make a little mock up of it and see how it looks. Come to think of it... have they ever worn powder blue pants?

I think that they should go with navy blue and almost a darker gold color. When they wear uniforms that are mostly powder blue, they look like baby toys. Definitely go with the bolt, and gold tops with navy pants at home, with the opposite for the road uniforms.

Gold tops at home and navy tops on the road?

lawlz guyz. i think somebody still needs to wake up ^_^ but a darker gold is a good idea. it seems like more and more teams would have athletic gold in my nfl (redskins, packers, steelers, PLUS chargers, etc.) what about the navy tops/blue pants idea? with white tops/navy pants on the road? mix and match and all

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im at work right now (yes im 15, but at my school for 2 weeks in february, we go intern somewhere we are interested in, so i am interning at USA Today Sports... so i get to say im at work :D ) but when I get home I can try... i think i might drop the wide strip the pants bolt is in... maybe, im not sure how that would be on the sleeves and one wants to be consistent. keep double stroke numbers? i was able to make those look good. Also, anybody have any advice on actually making those bolts on the pants and sleeve. im pretty confidant i want to keep the style the same (so that means NOT the straight pants bolt, but the wavy one now) but they look like a monster to make.

potd 10/20/12

Leaning towards navy/white right now. and if I do that, I'm cutting powder accents from the bolts and leaving the rest mostly the same. I saw a cool mock up of the current jerseys with the sleeve bolts running along the shoulder, pointing down instead of sideways. Looks really good. If I go with powder, I'm cutting navy.

potd 10/20/12

Leaning towards navy/white right now. and if I do that, I'm cutting powder accents from the bolts and leaving the rest mostly the same. I saw a cool mock up of the current jerseys with the sleeve bolts running along the shoulder, pointing down instead of sideways. Looks really good. If I go with powder, I'm cutting navy.

What happened to navy jersey and powder pants? That could look really cool. Personally, I'm not a fan of the navy and white.

What happened to navy jersey and powder pants? That could look really cool. Personally, I'm not a fan of the navy and white.

yea i tried that out, something just didn't work with it. Maybe it was the fact that if I was to do that, it would be weird having the white helmet. The helmet would have to be navy or powder... I've actually decided to go with powder/white for now (flip flops! sorry! haa) but I can give it another go. It works in theory, but I have to get all the other pieces right to make it look good I guess. I have decided that if I go with Powder/white I'm getting rid of navy from the entire set. Everywhere in every way. I also think that on white jerseys, I will have gold numbers. I fell in love with the actual charger away throwback, which has that set. I will be home at maybe 8ish tonight, and then after that will be in Texas (Austin, not Dallas) for the weekend, and will be back on Monday night.

But I really like how I'm compiling ideas with you mbannon, its good stuff. I hopefully will give the navy.powder look another go tonight.

potd 10/20/12

POLL EXPLAINED

Ok everybody... it's obvious that the bolt pattern is in. And I have decided it will be the current bolt pattern on the pants (wavy) BUT I will do a combo of the current sleeves and the previous set's sleeves. This is an idea I got while google imaging previous sets (somebody actually did this). It has the bolt as if over ones shoulder, but it has a white background like the current bolt, which runs like an armband.

Ok. So I think that the idea of Oregon style mix and match came to be because I really like so many of their sets. The current navy/white and powder/white are both great, but I also really like the throwback powder/gold. New ideas like Navy/powder came to mind, and doing both navy and white helmets is a good idea (I know the NFL doesn't allow)! So I thought, Oregons on the west coast... they have wings on their shoulders... it makes sense. This way, the navy fans get their navy and the powder fans get their powder, with different pants! So, discuss!

potd 10/20/12

bump before I get on the plane... reconsidering shoulders and most likely will do something VERY similar to the current uni's with maybe some shoulder changes. double outline numbers are back... is that bad that my concept will be really similar??

potd 10/20/12

Well my flight to Houston has been cancelled. YES!!! Now I can maybe finish these!! I have completed the base if you will uniform. It's Navy with white pants and a white helmet, exactly the same as the current Charger home EXCEPT the shoulder run the better way, mentioned above. I don't know if this is bad that it's so similar, but honestly they have some really sharp uniforms as it is. Now i will begin to "Duckify" them. Were looking at navy, white, gold, and powder jerseys. Were looking at navy, white, gold, and powder pants. Were looking at navy and white helmets (MAYBE a third or fourth). If the helmet is navy, there is a white bolt (updated version of 88-06 design, white with powder then gold outlines, think the current jersey numbers) and as a result, white bolts along the whole jersey (sleeves, pants). This makes things a little complicated because your white bolt may not work as well on white pants... I'm on it! Expect these by tomorrow night or in a few days.

IM PUMPED!

potd 10/20/12

Team Six-San Diego Chargers

With so many good eras of uniforms, the Chargers were a really tricky concept at first. I love the classic powder blues, with gold or white pants. Same goes for the navy. The 88-06 set is also very good, but a huge update was made in 2007. I had a good idea of what I wanted to do with the jerseys themselves, regardless of colors. I wanted to use the current pants stripe, and do a combo of the current previous shoulder stripe. Same design, but I moved it to the shoulder (now its along the upper arm, sideways). Then after going back and forth many times I decided that a really great way to get the best of every design was to do an Oregon Duck style of uniform. Different uniforms for every game. Now it doesn't have to be as drastic as Oregon, and I hope to stay within their colors (no carbon or whatever). I really liked this idea as it gave me the ability to give everybody what they want. The navy fans, the powder fans, whatever. So, here are the FIRST nine ideas. Note that all of these are white helmets. I will have all of these and much more (also to be seen in white helmets) with navy helmets, and to match up, a couple of changes to the uniforms. These are just the first ideas. If you have an idea for a combo that I havn't posted, let me know, and I will. I am in Austin right now but when I get back I will continue making these. My goal is for the idea to just keep growing, like they would year after year while being worn. As always, C&C.

Naming key by color: N=Navy // P=Powder // G=Gold // W=White

Tops:Pants:(Theme)

N:W:(N) P:W:(P) N:N:(N) P:G:(P) N:G:(N) G:W:(N) W:N:(N) W:W:(N) W:W:(P)

So there you are, remember to leave comments on other combos (I have quite a few in mind) and leave C&C.

potd 10/20/12

I just have to say you've gotta simplify. 9 Chargers combos is way too much; this is the NFL not the Oregon Ducks. Just pick a few key colors and combos and go with it. That being said I like the classic combo of the powder top with gold pants. I'd personally say go with that for home, and one with a white jersey and gold pants for the road, and leave it at that. Maybe throw in a navy alternate. There is no need for the team have that many different looks.

Also, get rid of the poot trail coming from the helmet, it's distracting.

TDZiMMB.png

Right, well I get what your saying but, I think this was a fun concept to have a little crazy time with. I know the NFL doesn't allow second helmets, etc. but with Nike, who knows. Yea that trail... I don't know how that happened I'll try to fix it.

potd 10/20/12

I think the numbers are to big

Nope. They're a pretty good size. If anything, they're a hair too small.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If you do The Browns, remember: We Browns Fans tend to be very conservative to the point where a logo on the helmet is seen as Heresey (Did I spell that right?) I myself tend to be a traditionalist with The Browns Uni. That's why on my concept, it's really more of a tweak.

You have done very nice work.

Thanks.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

If you do The Browns, remember: We Browns Fans tend to be very conservative to the point where a logo on the helmet is seen as Heresey (Did I spell that right?) I myself tend to be a traditionalist with The Browns Uni. That's why on my concept, it's really more of a tweak.

Thanks.

You're concerned about your spelling, but not about your random capitalization?

Not sure what your post has to do with anything, since these are his concepts... his vision of what he'd like to see. Not sure why Cleveland fans are so personally offended when anyone redoes their uniforms in a purely fictional creative sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Even just going back to the traditional bolt over the shoulder look makes the current Chargers set that much better. Good job!

Thanks.

You're concerned about your spelling, but not about your random capitalization?

Not sure what your post has to do with anything, since these are his concepts... his vision of what he'd like to see. Not sure why Cleveland fans are so personally offended when anyone redoes their uniforms in a purely fictional creative sense.

You just don't get Cleveland, man. You just have to be there.

Archived