DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

Question on the Dolphins jerseys: Have you tried putting the "M" from the pants logo inside the sunburst on the sleeves? I love the design and it's really unique but without something inside the sunburst, it looks a little empty. Not sure what you'd put on the pants in place of that logo (or leave it the way it is), but just a thought.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question on the Dolphins jerseys: Have you tried putting the "M" from the pants logo inside the sunburst on the sleeves? I love the design and it's really unique but without something inside the sunburst, it looks a little empty. Not sure what you'd put on the pants in place of that logo (or leave it the way it is), but just a thought.

Yea I tried it, but the problem was that if I wanted to keep the sunburst "coming out" of the sleeve, as opposed to being a full circle, then there wouldn't be enough space for the M. I'm going to get an update for these tonight. Something not discussed here should fix the problem.

EDIT:

That something just isn't working. I've already started a new team. It may seem empty, but think of it as just a different colored sleeve. As if they had white sleeves, but more creative.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Team Sixteen - New York Jets

JetsHelmetz.png

Home//Away//Home-Alt//Away-Alt

Half way there! And it's only been thirteen months. For the Jets, I combined eras, using the current script with the signature jet coming from the "J". Also used the football sahpe as opposed to a rounded oval. The script is messy, I know. I was having technical issues getting it right, so forgive me. Classic double stripe stays front and center, with an NY logo on the sleeves, and the numbers up on the shoulder. Not a ton of changes, but that's alright with me. Now that the AFC East is done, I should start with a new team soon. Possibly the Bengals. Happy Holidays!

potd 10/20/12

Team Sixteen - New York Jets

JetsHelmetz.png

Home//Away//Home-Alt//Away-Alt

Half way there! And it's only been thirteen months. For the Jets, I combined eras, using the current script with the signature jet coming from the "J". Also used the football sahpe as opposed to a rounded oval. The script is messy, I know. I was having technical issues getting it right, so forgive me. Classic double stripe stays front and center, with an NY logo on the sleeves, and the numbers up on the shoulder. Not a ton of changes, but that's alright with me. Now that the AFC East is done, I should start with a new team soon. Possibly the Bengals. Happy Holidays!

WOW, these are really good if not excellent. My suggestion would be for the pant stripes. Rather than just straight lines, you should think about pointed lines (I mean thinning at the end), a resemblance to the sharpness of the jet head.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Team Seventeen - Kansas City Chiefs

ChiefsHelmet.png

Home//Away//Away-Alt

A quicky here. Gotten some requests for the Chiefs, so here we are. I streamlined the striping patterns between each uniform to add consistency to a classic uniform set. Added a helmet stripe to give the crown some yellow. Went with a serif font for the script. If you've been keeping track, I've tried to consistently use the team name for the home jersey and city for the road whenever possible. Simple but flashy look for the Chiefs. Bengals are up next! And as always, give me your comments and criticisms.

potd 10/20/12

Team Seventeen - Kansas City Chiefs

ChiefsHelmet.png

Home//Away//Away-Alt

A quicky here. Gotten some requests for the Chiefs, so here we are. I streamlined the striping patterns between each uniform to add consistency to a classic uniform set. Added a helmet stripe to give the crown some yellow. Went with a serif font for the script. If you've been keeping track, I've tried to consistently use the team name for the home jersey and city for the road whenever possible. Simple but flashy look for the Chiefs. Bengals are up next! And as always, give me your comments and criticisms.

Absolutely love it! I like how you stayed classic and basically kept the uniforms the same. The team name script is beautiful, and adds a nice touch. And I know adding yellow to the helmet is needed, but messing with the Arrowhead is a no-no. I've seen some people put yellow outlines in the KC or the Arrowhead, and it just looks weird. So keeping the logo the same is the way to go. So you did it perfect. I like the stripe. It may take some getting used to, but its something.

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

Team Eighteen - Cincinnati Bengals

BengalsHelmet.png

Home//Away//Black//Away-Alt

Moving quickly! Only got one comment on the Chiefs, if you want to scroll up a bit. For these, I looked at both the current and previous incarnations of the tiger striped uniforms. I picked what I liked, and what I didn't from each set. Gone are the white panels, white on orange stripes, "Bronco style" pants, and leotard looks. The uniforms are simplified. They are bold. On the logo front, I consider the Bengal head logo to be my favorite in the league. So, I used it above the nameplate on each jersey. And thanks to jsb_0403 for letting me use his tiger striping along the helmet and pants. C&C is most certainly welcome.

--EDIT-- Uniforms were slightly updated on Dec. 30th 2011 to remove logo from below collar and remove black sleeves/collar from the home jersey.

potd 10/20/12

My one concern with the Chiefs is that for some reason, I got more of a Redskins vibe out of it than the Chiefs. I think it's the helmet stripe. If you were to remove it, I think it'd fix that. Even so however, the uniform is sharp.

I dig the Bengals too! I'm glad the white side panels are gone, it really improves the look. Nice job replacing the "B" with the wordmark, and I'm glad to see the bengal head (one of my favorite NFL logos) make a return somewhere. Great work!

EDIT: Some more Chiefs comments regarding the "Redskins vibe" - is the red darker? It could just be my eyes tricking me, but it looks a shade darker than it should be. I also got the "Redskins vibe" mostly on the road set more than anything - with the helmet stripes, (possibly) darker red, the colored collar and the red-white-red combo. I don't know, you changed so little yet I thought of a completely different team before I thought of Kansas City upon looking at the road. Not saying it's bad at all because as I mentioned, you've designed a sharp set for the Chiefs, but I think (at the very least) removing the helmet stripes or even making the road collar white would remedy the Redskins-ish look.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived