DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone. This is my NFL Redesign! My idea for this thread is a place where I can post my ideas for each NFL team and make changes based on your comments and criticism. Unfortunately, many links have broken or changed over the whole thread, and many descriptions are obsolete. This post has all the uniforms, along with links to the descriptions of them (which in turn have links to earlier drafts). I hope you all enjoy and comment!

Click a team name to show a "Team Info" page.

Click a "Home, Away, Alt" to see that uniform.

Select "Post #" next to "Most Recent Version" to see team descriptions.

--NFC EAST--

Washington Redskins: Most Recent Version: 10/31/11 (post 423)

Uniforms: Home//Away//Gold//Away-Alt

Philadelphia Eagles: Most Recent Version: 12/2/11: (post 440)

Uniforms: Home//Away//Black

New York Giants: Most Recent Version: 11/21/11 (post 429)

Uniforms: Home//Away//Away-Alt

Dallas Cowboys: Most Recent Version: 11/22/11 (post 435)

Uniforms: White//Blue//Throwback

--AFC EAST--

Buffalo Bills: Most Recent Version: 2/22/11:(post 236)

Uniforms: Home//Away//Red//All-White

New England Patriots: Most Recent Version: 7/3/11 (post 366)

Uniforms: Home//Away//Red//Away-Alt

Miami Dolphins: Most Recent Version: 12/14/11 (post 451)

New York Jets: Most Recent Version: 12/23/11 (post 464)

Uniforms: Home//Away//Home-Alt//Away-Alt

--NFC WEST--

Seattle Seahawks: Most Recent Version: 2/20/11 (post 227)

Uniforms: Home//Away//Lime//Away-Alt

Arizona Cardinals: Most Recent Version: 2/13/12 (post 515)

--AFC WEST--

Oakland Raiders: Most Recent Version: 7/9/11 (post 386)

Uniforms: Home//Away//Home Alt//Away Alt

Kansas City Chiefs: Most Recent Version: 12/24/11 (post 474)

--NFC NORTH--

Minnesota Vikings: Most Recent Version: 3/7/11 (post 266)

Green Bay Packers: Most Recent Version: 2/11/12 (post 511)

Uniforms: Home//Away

--AFC NORTH--

Pittsburgh Steelers: Most Recent Version: 3/17/11 (post 278)

Cincinnati Bengals: Most Recent Version: 12/27/11 (post 478)

Uniforms: Home//Away//Black//Away-Alt

--NFC SOUTH--

Carolina Panthers: Most Recent Version: 5/6/11 (post 318)

Uniforms: Home//Away//Blue//Away-Alt.//Home-Alt.

New Orleans Saints: Most Recent Version: 6/1/11 (post 344)

--AFC SOUTH--

Indianapolis Colts: Most Recent Version: 8/25/11 (post 405)

Uniforms: Home//Away

These look Great!!!

I have no specific team request, but what I would like to see is your most extreme redesign idea that you've had. Something that would be a complete image makeover similar to how the Bucs image was completely transformed in the 90's. I'm just curious what you could come up with.

I wont pretend I'm great at making logos, but the Titans could be that team. At least in terms of color, expect big changes. Buc's Titans redesign was absolutely fantastic, and I may take his colors with my own take.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

With all the recent news surrounding the Jaguars I wanted to hold off. We may learn more in the short term, but now that we know the Jags will go with all black in 2013, I'll have that be the basis in the identity. Twice I've started the Jaguars and hit a wall. Just deleted the folder and forgot it. They are a really tough team to work with. To me, the black next to the gold looks awful, but the same can be said for the teal in some cases. it's infuriating.

The Titans are... somewhere in my head. Navy, yellow, and silver like Buc did could look fantastic for them. I really value their current "modern classic" style, nothing flashy, but not striped out the ass. Look for the Titans to be a pretty changed team. I'm also going to look at logo options. Maybe tweak their current logo some.

potd 10/20/12

Love the avatar, DeFrank. Hopefully...

I love the AZ flag treatment to the sleeves on the Cards...great uniform overall.

The numbering on the Packers would be about the only change that could be acceptable to their classic, nearly untouchable look.

87Redskins.png

The Packers uniforms look very nice. The only part of the concept that I don't like is the alternate logo. While the idea is there and you executed it the same way that I would, it is simply illegible. You really can't tell that it's an interlocking GB. Switching the roles of the green and the yellow could possible help this, but I don't think so.

As for the Cardinals, there really wasn't anything radical, but it was a nice concept. The only combination that I would drop is the monochrome red. Just because they wear it now doesn't mean that you have to include it. It really is an AWFUL monochrome look.

Nice work though, this is a great series.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Not gonna lie, that is the perfect Arizona Cardinals uniform set. And trust me, I almost never say such things. But seriously, the whole thing is so well done, and everything ties together very nicely. My only gripe is with the pants, as the striping does not quite follow the rest of the design. However, I don't have an alternative option and it looks okay as is. Excellent work!

Nice job on the Pack and Cards. The Packers unis look good...not much change needed. I personally don't like the collar striping but it works fine. My one complaint is that your primary logo, alt logo, wordmarks and numbers are all different fonts. I would square off the wordmarks to match the numbers and base the alt logo off that font.

Love the Cards unis. Very similar to what I did with them. And I disagree with Bmac on the pants striping. I think it works great (probably because I used the same pattern!), and because the helmet and jersey don't have striping it's not inconsistent.

Thanks for the comments mbannon, I was starting to wonder if you'd seen them! It's a good point about the Pack. Not going to update, but I appreciate it. NOW on to the next team...

Team Twenty One - San Diego Chargers

ChargersHelmet.png

Home//Away//Away-Alt

Any mention of the Chargers must be

For the Chargers, I decided to ditch that navy and go with the favorite powder blue. On the whole, I think that their current uniform design is held back primarily by the awkward sleeve bolts and multi outlined logos and numbers. So, I took the pesky bolts and moved them to the shoulders like in their 1990's-2006 set. I kept the number font, which I know is a questionable move to some. Kept their (imo) great pants stripe. The biggest thing I did was remove any sort of shoulder or pants "container" color like we have seen on their current pants or their throwback jerseys. In addition, I took the classic Charger shield logo and updated it with the current font and bolt. So I hope you enjoy! C&C!

potd 10/20/12

Archived