Gruden to The U?

TBGKon

Looks like ESPN MNF's analyst Jon Gruden could be The University of Miami's next head coach...

I've always thought he'd be a better college head coach rather than in the pros.

I don't like the guy, but he won a freaking Super Bowl. And if we say that he did it with Tony Dungy's players, then Gruden gets some measure of credit for the Oakland Raider team that he played in that game.

In eleven seasons, he won his division five times. His career totals aren't spectacular, but he has a winning record, and with two franchises which have been very very bad before and after he left.

Hall of Famer? No. But hardly a slouch. If he would be a better college coach, his school should be in the BCS every year.

I am not that sure if he is worth the hype now.

Following his Super Bowl win, his coaching record is under .500 (45-49). He and Brian Billick are basically the same guy, but Billick does not look like "Chucky" and is seen as more analytical than intense.

Many within the university thinks that they can have an additional 7-10,000 season ticket sold with Gruden which could offset the increased salary he would garner than Shannon.

The Fan in Minneapolis was talking about Brad Childress being a pretty serious contender for Miami. I guess their AD or President or something was at Wisconsin when Chilly was there.

Former Secretary of HHS, Donna Shalala was the Chancellor of UW-Madison before her appointment. She is now the president at Miami.

Chilly has not been in college football since 1998. I hope not. His coaching record is as bad as Gruden.

I hate to say this, but they need to hire Mike Leach.

In a podcast, Gruden's son (who's in High School) made the following comments:

"He was gonna let me finish high school,'' said Gruden II. "He was talking about going to San Francisco, but that?s really probably going to be in the next two years or something like that.

?He?ll probably keep the Monday Night Football job for the next year, my last year of high school, and then probably head out to a team like San Francisco or maybe Cleveland.?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/12/jon_grudens_high-school_age_so.html

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived