NHL Winter Classic & Heritage Classic Concepts

Bmac

These concepts go with my NHL 2012 project, but I wanted to have a separate thread for this. I have the Winter Classic for the 2 years that my project includes. Everything is based off of what has already been posted in NHL 2012.

2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic -January 1, 2012

Target Field, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Logos:

The primary logo features a look at Target Field and downtown Minneapolis. The five stars represent the 5 Winter Classics, this being the 5th. The alternate logo features both team's logos in circles.

WinterClassic2012Logo.png

WinterClassic2012AltLogo.png

Uniforms:

The Wild's uniforms are inspired by the 1923-1925 Minneapolis Millers uniforms. The Avalanche model a white version of the team's first alternate jerseys.

WCWild1.png

WCAvalanche.png

*Before anyone mentions it, the patch on the Avs jersey would be located to the player's right of the C or A.

2013 WC will be posted later.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Minnesota looks fantastic, if the Avs did a Winter Classic I could see them going for more of a Nordqiues still set with the new colors. THAT would looks awesome. Like I said, though great job on Minnesota. I just think the Avs set needs a bit of reworking.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

if the avs are going to be in the winter classic, i see them using the design of either their first or second cup teams (and for those who don't know, there are slight differences between the two) rather than something they haven't worn.

either way, it would be a vast improvement of what they are using now.

as for the adverbs (sorry avs fan here) i wouldn't have gone with that version of the M. i think on that design the M that you based the design on works a lot better.

if the avs are going to be in the winter classic, i see them using the design of either their first or second cup teams (and for those who don't know, there are slight differences between the two) rather than something they haven't worn.

either way, it would be a vast improvement of what they are using now.

as for the adverbs (sorry avs fan here) i wouldn't have gone with that version of the M. i think on that design the M that you based the design on works a lot better.

Yes, but as I said this is based off of my NHL 2012 project. In that project, the home and road jerseys are similar to the team's original jerseys.

I think it's kind of dumb that neither are using their former identity's jerseys.

The Wild don't have a former identity. The North Stars belong to the Dallas Stars. As for the Avs, I am working on an update that is inspired by the Nordiques.

Great work! Totally love the Winter Classic primary logo, that's exactly how i'd want a Minnesota host logo to look. Great work on that.

And by this, I'm not saying that either uniform is bad because I really do like them both as well (I'd buy that Wild sweater, it's fantastic), but have you ever thought to do an old Rockies inspired set for the Avs? I don't know if the Devils still own the rights to the Rockies' identity, but me personally, I'd love to see the Avs roll out an old Rockies set if they ever played in the classic.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I think it's kind of dumb that neither are using their former identity's jerseys.

The Wild don't have a former identity. The North Stars belong to the Dallas Stars. As for the Avs, I am working on an update that is inspired by the Nordiques.

Still, I can't see the Wild doing a winter classic in anything else. The fans would be pissed.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

Still, I can't see the Wild doing a winter classic in anything else. The fans would be pissed.

And I can't see the Dallas Stars letting the Wild do a Winter Classic in their team's jerseys.

6fQjS3M.png

I love the Minnesota Wild jersey but the Colorado one needs work because because it doesn't look that "vintage". Maybe you should put the old Rockies logo into the current Avs colors and then it would look great.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

I hear people calling for the Rockies and North Stars, and I hear it, but I'm gonna base my comments just on what you made.

I love Minnesota's. I do think that tan pants with a green star would make it look even more like a throwback.

I'm on board with Colorado. I think if you're trying to keep it with the Avalanche identity, this is a good way to go although I think ctk makes a good point that the Avs have championship history to throw back too. Nice work overall, one note on your WC primary is that the NHL doesn't recolor the shield for it, even from silver to white.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I hear people calling for the Rockies and North Stars, and I hear it, but I'm gonna base my comments just on what you made.

I love Minnesota's. I do think that tan pants with a green star would make it look even more like a throwback.

I'm on board with Colorado. I think if you're trying to keep it with the Avalanche identity, this is a good way to go although I think ctk makes a good point that the Avs have championship history to throw back too. Nice work overall, one note on your WC primary is that the NHL doesn't recolor the shield for it, even from silver to white.

That is the new NHL logo, from my project.

That is the new NHL logo, from my project.

Got it. Unrelated, I do like that new logo, especially the subtle east/west inside the shield/

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I really, really like the Winter Classic logo. Although a part of me thinks it should have few more neutral colors. By neutral I mean not branded by Wild colors. Maybe a dark blue, avalanche blue or <gasp> black? Just a thought. I also like the nod to the old Millers jersey. I would buy up a few those for sure.

I'm probably in the minority that actually like the Colorado jersey. Perhaps you could add the Nordiques colors?...that way you have Colorado Rockies (the spelling of Colorado) and Nordiques covered in one jersey.

Nice work! Can't wait to see the other concepts.

I'm gonna go ahead and post my 2013 concept now. I have been working on another Avs jersey, but it doesn't look very good yet.

2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic -January 1, 2013

Yankee Stadium, New York, New York

Logos:

The primary logo is supposed to give the feel of Yankee Stadium in winter. The alternate logo once again features the two logos in circles.

WinterClassic2013Logo.png

WinterClassic2013AltLogo.png

Uniforms:

The Rangers' uniforms are based off of their 1946-1947 uniforms. The Bruins are based off of their 1934-1936 uniforms.

WCRangers.png

WCBruins.png

Archived