32 NFL Pro Combat concepts

BrandMooreArt

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brandnstudio- is there a tutorial or something to do these? I would love to learn. I have the photoshop trial. i mean just like how you change the colors on these. thanks.

the template i used was made by a forum member. Rezland i believe it was. everything inside the template is very easy to change, its as simple as selecting a layer and painting in a single color. the logos and numbers i made in Adobe Illustrator then imported them in the PS template. things like stripes were done with a pen tool and sometimes added a slight "arc" warp to it, textures like the Jaguar print or Digital Camo was just a matter of placing a picture into PS and adjusting the opacity/blending mode.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

this is, by far, the most realistic set seen on here yet. All of them could be worn on the field and I don't think too many people would complain. With possible exception to the Bears (I think they'd go more historical a la Ohio State) and Redskins (no offense to your concept, just the likelihood of being close to a new logo, should they change it, is small), this is an accurate, realistic set, and I really, really applaud that. You didn't go crazy with any of them, none of them were made on a wild tangent, and that's awesome.

great work.

I don't mean to be arrogant, but I feel like my redesign was pretty realistic (as I was trying to make my uniforms realistic), so I wouldn't say this is the most realistic by far.

But, not to take anything away from BrandN, as this is one of, if not the best, Pro Combat redesigns I've seen. My favorites are the Colts (love the checkers), Texans (good incorporation of the flag, although I'd flip the sleeves), Bills (thank you for getting rid of navy, and I love the pinstripes), Vikings (love the purple to yellow fade on the sleeves), and Bucs (love the number font and fade).

Although I must say I HATE the Bears uniform...the only historical element you used was the white C on the helmet. And the best part of the Bears uniforms, the current number font, is missing. Either just convert their current uniforms, or make it the 1940s throwback they've worn twice this year.

Great job though!!! It's good to finally see some people making QUALITY Nike redesigns.

Respectfully, I stand by my statement. You significantly changed the Steelers, which would never stand with them, and you didn't include any of the standard Nike Crazification that was so perfectly included here, with checkerboards, the stars on the patriots (great decision there), gradients in the undersleeves, etc. Yours was good, don't get me wrong, but as far as a prediction as to what Nike will do, this one is head and shoulders above everything I've seen on this board so far, as far as Nike Pro Combat goes. You might disagree, but there's my reasoning.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Respectfully, I stand by my statement. You significantly changed the Steelers, which would never stand with them, and you didn't include any of the standard Nike Crazification that was so perfectly included here, with checkerboards, the stars on the patriots (great decision there), gradients in the undersleeves, etc. Yours was good, don't get me wrong, but as far as a prediction as to what Nike will do, this one is head and shoulders above everything I've seen on this board so far, as far as Nike Pro Combat goes. You might disagree, but there's my reasoning.

I see what you mean on the Steelers, but that's just one team. And BrandN pretty significantly changed the Bears, which Chicago wouldn't stand for either. And you kind of contradicted yourself, saying that me changing the Steelers is unrealistic, but widespread sublimated patterns and gradients are. Nike probably won't use "Crazification" on the NFL, unless they have a "Pro Combat" uniform for one game like the college teams have. The standard uniforms will for the most part be the same, in my opinion.

Now, from the description BrandN gave on the link, it sounds like this series is an NFL Pro Combat. He said the series is meant to "give the team an alternate look." If that's what you're referring to, then yes, this series is by far more realistic than mine. But if you're talking about a prediction for what the NFL will look like in 2012, I'd say we're pretty close.

Brandon, your work on these are FAR more believable then others i have seen... On a personal note your site is put together very well, and just wanted to say your are very talented my friend!

thank you for the kind words Trevis. :)

Mbannon, i like your concepts very much. i think it may be hard to compare our two projects as we had different goals. it seem you were more focused on transferring the current designs to the Pro Combat template while fixing some flaws (cowboys colors) and adding a few new twist (dolphins, steelers) while my project was more true to what Nike did this year with the college teams. i would say yours are more "realistic" in the sense that if Nike uses the Pro Combat template (they probably will have something new) most of your designs are pretty spot on as for transferring the designs over. i was thinking how Nike used gradients, textures, and small brand elements to create, like you said, an alternate look. IMO, i believe we both met our goals in a realistic way

GRAPHIC ARTIST

I really like these. I have to admit, I know traditionalists might hate this, but if Nike really does go full-on Pro Combat with the elements Pro-Combat is becoming known for, I could dig the NFL looking like this. I'm biased, but I like the Jets set, and I think the Jets are one of only a few teams that look just as good in 2 different colors: kelly green or hunter green. Nice to see you brought that back!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Great work man i have to say though that most people expect the lions to stay retro or make sutble changes though i think thats partially true i could see the lions going for a modern look in 2012. They'll be coming off a good season hopefully in 2011. So with that in mind i would say possibly shake up the lions uni's/helmet a little with the same logo.

Lionshelmet.png

Brandon, your work on these are FAR more believable then others i have seen... On a personal note your site is put together very well, and just wanted to say your are very talented my friend!

Mbannon, i like your concepts very much. i think it may be hard to compare our two projects as we had different goals. it seem you were more focused on transferring the current designs to the Pro Combat template while fixing some flaws (cowboys colors) and adding a few new twist (dolphins, steelers) while my project was more true to what Nike did this year with the college teams. i would say yours are more "realistic" in the sense that if Nike uses the Pro Combat template (they probably will have something new) most of your designs are pretty spot on as for transferring the designs over. i was thinking how Nike used gradients, textures, and small brand elements to create, like you said, an alternate look. IMO, i believe we both met our goals in a realistic way

I would definitely agree with that, and thanks for the compliment. Your concept here is VERY well done, and I can see Nike making a "Pro Combat" uniform for each team like you did. It's nice to see some high quality and realistic Nike NFL concepts. Have you thought about possibly doing standard uniforms like I did, because I'd love to see some more concepts from you.

I would definitely agree with that, and thanks for the compliment. Your concept here is VERY well done, and I can see Nike making a "Pro Combat" uniform for each team like you did. It's nice to see some high quality and realistic Nike NFL concepts. Have you thought about possibly doing standard uniforms like I did, because I'd love to see some more concepts from you.

i havnt done anything like you have yet, but for some teams, like the Steelers or Packers, where i didnt change very much it was almost a case of, problem: stripes look weird. solution: move them to the undershirt for a full sleeve stripe. so in cases like that, i wouldnt change much from what i already have as i feel its a good solution. the Panthers concept was just a recycled idea. when i updated their logo i made a uniform set with it, and that was my favorite one.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

The only thing I hate about these concepts is the movement of stripes to the sleeves. I like the idea, but i highly doubt every players going to wear sleeves, so IMHO when people put these 'cepts together they have to do it sans sleeves.

The only one of these I really liked was the seahawks one, make the helmet the same color as the pants and that one's a winner.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I really like these. I have to admit, I know traditionalists might hate this, but if Nike really does go full-on Pro Combat with the elements Pro-Combat is becoming known for, I could dig the NFL looking like this. I'm biased, but I like the Jets set, and I think the Jets are one of only a few teams that look just as good in 2 different colors: kelly green or hunter green. Nice to see you brought that back!

I guess I'm somewhat of a traditionalist, and at first sight they sort of made me pause and think, but the more I look them over, the more I accepted them. These are tasteful, more tasteful than the actual unis Nike puts out for the NCAA.

Did I just notice the Declaration of Independence in the Eagles' sleeve? That's a keen move!

7824_large.jpg

I guess I'm somewhat of a traditionalist, and at first sight they sort of made me pause and think, but the more I look them over, the more I accepted them. These are tasteful, more tasteful than the actual unis Nike puts out for the NCAA.

Did I just notice the Declaration of Independence in the Eagles' sleeve? That's a keen move!

and in the numbers :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

and in the numbers :)

omg I didn't even see that. Wow, VERY well done. Subtleties like that are why this set is by far the most realistic, and perhaps the most creative, pro combat set on this board.

It's a definite improvement, but I really think we're going to see a reinterpretation of this jersey sometime soon.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3147/3066193460_5ee44ec3fd_o.jpg

I think, if Nike were to go with the Bears for a Pro Combat, it would definitely involve more random stripes, and this throwback would be their best way of succeeding in that

Archived