NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I can't get over all this fawning over the Ravens. Clearly I'm in the minority here but I don't think the look is all that great. Don't get me wrong, it's not awful but I'm just not seeing the "greatness" you all are. To each his own I guess.

I don't care for the look either.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I don't mind the striepless black pants, I actually prefer them to the purple stripe photoshoped ones. But I think if they put two tappered purple stripes (to the match the ones on the helmet) on the pants it would look really good.

I like the purple top/black pants look a lot, reminds me of TCU.

4172803.jpg

09000d5d81cacb0c_gallery_600.jpg

jNTsTyQ.png

I've noticed that the Buccaneers throwback jerseys are breathable all the way around (as in the holey part of the jerseys, that usually is only on about 50 percent, makes up the entire jersey).

never noticed that before. im guessing they made the jerseys that way on purpose.

any other teams have jerseys like that?

The Bears have used breathable mesh for as long back as I can remember. They are one of the few teams which never used the dazzle mesh. Their jerseys look very cheap because of it as you can see through the sleeves (along with the body). They also heatpress the sleeve stripes like the Bucs did.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Wow. I can't get over all this fawning over the Ravens. Clearly I'm in the minority here but I don't think the look is all that great. Don't get me wrong, it's not awful but I'm just not seeing the "greatness" you all are. To each his own I guess.

A lot of us don't think your opinion of what makes a great uniform in 2010 are all that kosher either.

But, to each his own is right.

Can someone photoshop some purple stripes onto the Ravens pants that match those things on their helmet stripes? I think if they did that and wore purple socks to avoid the coed leggings look then those Ravens uniforms from last night would be perfecto.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm totally with 'Red on this one. I guess the combo of black and purple doesn't really "Wow" me like it does some. Add to that the Ravens goofy logo. All and all, they're just as good as Baltimore's regular home gear, the one's with white pants. Middle-of-the-road, at best.

6uXNWAo.png

A lot of us don't think your opinion of what makes a great uniform in 2010 are all that kosher either.

Please don't speak for me. 9 times out of 10 infrared's opinions tend to trump your ramblings about what's "cool" these days.

Damn dude does he owe you money, did he kick your dog, steal your car, or something along those lines? What's with the hostility?

I don't care for the look either.

Nor do I . . .

Am i really the only one who thought those packers jerseys were awesome? I obviously didnt like the helmet, but i thought everything else worked really well, i loved the beige pants with the blue and yellow color scheme. i think if they would have went with a blue helmet and a single yellow stripe it would have worked really really well. but why all the hate for this set besides the helmet reasons? i personally think everything works really well(besides the helmet)

God help me but the Falcons look is really growing on me.

The number font and logo have grown on me. I still dislike the cookie cutter wordmark, sleeve pattern, and pants stripes, however. Traditional sleeve stripes and pants stripes would solve a lot of their problems, I think.

Add to that the Ravens goofy logo.

Well yes. In all of this praise (well deserved, I think) for the Ravens' purple on black look we've forgotten that the primary is G-d awful.

Like this:

2010_ProposedPackersThrowbackHelmet.jpg

Brilliant idea!

Good idea... with a matte finish. This would be the only time I wouldn't hate a matte finish on a football helmet.

God help me but the Falcons look is really growing on me.

The number font and logo have grown on me. I still dislike the cookie cutter wordmark, sleeve pattern, and pants stripes, however. Traditional sleeve stripes and pants stripes would solve a lot of their problems, I think.

Basically, current number font and current helmet logo (minus the useless silver outline) on the totally awesome throwback uniform... perfect.

Archived