ESPN U team specific logos

dwboiler

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have a picture of the Nebraska one? I've heard they did it, but can't find it anywhere.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The St. Mary's one is lost on me. I know little about the school or it's traditions besides the name Gaels. Can anyone clarify? Thanks.

I'm with you. My Dad went to Iona, which shares the same team name, and he told me that besides being the root for the Gaelic language that it was a fraternal order of monks. The U logo looks like some sort of suit of armor/scholar thing, similar to Rutgers.

Yeah still stumped on this. Did a little digging around on their wiki page and found this phrase:

"It [sMC] is known for its liberal arts education, including its Great Books and Seminar programs, its business program, which in recent years has become the college's most popular program, as well as the nursing program, partnered with Samuel Merritt University, whose campus is in Oakland, and the school of education."

Still curious, though.

2011-January-29-19-13-50.jpeg

The St. Mary's one is lost on me. I know little about the school or it's traditions besides the name Gaels. Can anyone clarify? Thanks.

I'm with you. My Dad went to Iona, which shares the same team name, and he told me that besides being the root for the Gaelic language that it was a fraternal order of monks. The U logo looks like some sort of suit of armor/scholar thing, similar to Rutgers.

Yeah still stumped on this. Did a little digging around on their wiki page and found this phrase:

"It [sMC] is known for its liberal arts education, including its Great Books and Seminar programs, its business program, which in recent years has become the college's most popular program, as well as the nursing program, partnered with Samuel Merritt University, whose campus is in Oakland, and the school of education."

Still curious, though.

2011-January-29-19-13-50.jpeg

This is their old logo or something similar to it:

http://shop.originalretrobrand.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/R/B/RB1727_STMCTGRY_GRY_LRG_7.jpg

they used to have a knight mascot as well. i imagine it has something to do with the crusades. the old king arthur ones, not the current cheney ones.

They're on ESPNU next week for lacrosse, but from last year I remember it was similar to UCLA's bear one and the ESPNU banner in red. Hopefully there will be a screenshot out of that

I was hoping they'd have Touchdown the Bear hugging the U like in our primary.

Tf9TG.jpg

I think we can all finally sleep soundly now that the Maryland one has been posted. PHEW!

LOL I've been dyin to see it!

2011-March-2-18-38-56.jpg

A little disappointed just cuz the red shell action is a little awkward, I think there are better things they coulda done with UMD but I still loave it.

doctorwhozimmermansmall.pngeastdillon.png

walt.png

Archived