ESPN U team specific logos

dwboiler

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you are about to see will win this thread

2011-December-23-15-22-56.jpg

Um, maybe I need to search the meaning of a Saluki...the pyramids?

Southern Illinois Univeristy's mascot is the Saluki, which is sometimes called "The Royal Dog of Egypt". The region of Southern Illinois is known as "Egypt" or "Little Egypt".

spacer.png

Southern Illinois Univeristy's mascot is the Saluki, which is sometimes called "The Royal Dog of Egypt". The region of Southern Illinois is known as "Egypt" or "Little Egypt".

o ok thanks that makes sense now, good research on espns part

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Yeah, I was surprised by the amount of research that went into a logo for a Division II school, considering a lot of the ESPNU logos for Division I schools are copy-pasted with minor color differences. Just go through some of the logos on the Facebook page, and you'll be surprised how few truly unique ones there are.

spacer.png

Yeah, I was surprised by the amount of research that went into a logo for a Division II school, considering a lot of the ESPNU logos for Division I schools are copy-pasted with minor color differences. Just go through some of the logos on the Facebook page, and you'll be surprised how few truly unique ones there are.

Southern Illinois is very much not a Division II school.

Southern Illinois is very much not a Division II school.

I guess I meant their football program, which competes in Division I-AA FCS, not Division I-A FBS.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bump because ESPNU's twitter background might just have each and every one your looking for

http://a2.twimg.com/profile_background_images/358167625/ESPNUBackground.jpg

I never saw the IU one until now. As meaningless as these are I really thought they would just use a candy striped U, you know since we don't have a mascot or anything, but I'm glad they incorporated the entire logo.

Zach.

I still don't know what's going on with Saint Louis's. Someone will have to explain that one to me.

I'm sure Tulane is mad that ESPN used part of their wave on Pepperdine's logo.

UC Riverside's is undeniably awesome along with UC Irvine, and pretty much all of the MAC schools (except E. and W. Michigan - boring, generic mascot = boring, generic ESPNU logo)

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't know what's going on with Saint Louis's. Someone will have to explain that one to me.

UC Riverside's is undeniably awesome along with UC Irvine, and pretty much all of the MAC schools (except E. and W. Michigan - boring, generic mascot = boring, generic ESPNU logo)

Wow, I find it incredibly odd that they decide to use Tulane's wave for Pepperdine.

And why does Houston's have "University of Houston" underneath when none of the others are like that?

gYH2mW9.png

Wow, I find it incredibly odd that they decide to use Tulane's wave for Pepperdine.

And why does Houston's have "University of Houston" underneath when none of the others are like that?

Maybe because of Sam Houston?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived