ESPN U team specific logos

dwboiler

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Finally some love for my home state teams. Creighton is also one of the few bird teams that doesn't look like a hot steaming pile.

309069_10150359620464685_111270619684_8498014_1232548658_n.jpg

391358_10150359616409685_111270619684_8497945_1725366916_n.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't want to start a whole new topic over this, so this is where it's parked.

I read Deadspin often, and today they posted about college programs policing their players on social media. All very interesting and fine. Then, there was a link to a company's website that does this kind of work, UDiligence. Take a look at that logo. Look familiar?espnu.png

Is there any way a large company in the sports arena can get away with that unless they are owned by the same corporation, or are a part of ESPN somehow? Seems strange to me. This isn't like a HS using a professional team's logo.

I didn't want to start a whole new topic over this, so this is where it's parked.

I read Deadspin often, and today they posted about college programs policing their players on social media. All very interesting and fine. Then, there was a link to a company's website that does this kind of work, UDiligence. Take a look at that logo. Look familiar?espnu.png

Is there any way a large company in the sports arena can get away with that unless they are owned by the same corporation, or are a part of ESPN somehow? Seems strange to me. This isn't like a HS using a professional team's logo.

While one or two of the photos in the "what we find" section actually were a problem, most of them just makes me shake my head at how prudish we are as a society. "OMG... college kids are posing with alcohol, doing kegstands and mooning people!!!!111!!11!!!!"

Archived