ESPN U team specific logos

dwboiler

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if there is an Arizona State logo...

ASU's is the first one in that video. Blech.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I wonder if there is an Arizona State logo...

ASU's is the first one in that video. Blech.

I know you're incredibly biased on this issue :lol:

But I don't think ASU's is that bad. It's not great, however. There was more potential than that. Make the U in the style of Sparky's pitchfork or something. But just superimposing Sparky's face onto the "U," add horns, throw the pitchfork off to the side?

Meh.

I mean it's not like I watch ESPNU a lot, or that ASU is going to be on ESPNU a lot (Maybe in baseball season moreso than any other time), but it's okay.

UofA's is probably like the dog ones, except with a cat mouth at the bottom and then the hat that the mascot wears on top of the "U." They seem to have a pretty simple formula for these things, and that would probably fit their requirements.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Minnesota

dcweb_espnu_12.jpg

Isn't that a squirrel?

I think they are fantastic. Sure some of them aren't amazing but for the most part its a really cool unique thing they did. they are all animated as well.

That's cause Gophers are related to squirrels. They are both rodent-like creatures.

I know they are related but that literally looks like a picture of a squirrel...

Well this I totally thought when I saw that.

That's what I thought as well, but apparently gophers can look a lot more like a squirrel than I expected.

Gopher_2.jpg

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

On the video I see:

Arizona St.

Georgia

Wisconsin

S.Carolina

Ga. Tech

Cal

Oregon State

Army

Navy

And that is only with freeze framing. Some go by really quickly.

Now, as an Indiana grad, I wonder if they would be able to come up with something other than just sticking an I behind the U.

On the video I see:

Arizona St.

Georgia

Wisconsin

S.Carolina

Ga. Tech

Cal

Oregon State

Army

Navy

And that is only with freeze framing. Some go by really quickly.

Now, as an Indiana grad, I wonder if they would be able to come up with something other than just sticking an I behind the U.

Looked like Penn State at the end as well. There was a blue and white scarf with what looked to be Jo Pa's glasses.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

espnu.png

Screen grabs from the video above.

So I'm guessing we've got South Carolina, Georgia Tech, UCLA (or Cal), Oregon State, Arizona State, Georgia, and Army?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I would like to find an Illini one if there was one... I have looked everywhere even espn's media site, and NOTHING!

The Illinois one was just an orange U with the block I with Illinois script logo across it. They used it during the Northwestern football game. ESPN didn't really have any room for creativity since they can't use an Indian imagery.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I would like to find an Illini one if there was one... I have looked everywhere even espn's media site, and NOTHING!

The Illinois one was just an orange U with the block I with Illinois script logo across it. They used it during the Northwestern football game. ESPN didn't really have any room for creativity since they can't use an Indian imagery.

it didn't stop them from advertising for the game...

155655_10150338259775557_664700556_16083558_1148515_n.jpg

(notice the Chief in the corner)

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

saw wake forest and iowa during acc/big 10 challenge - would love to find the wake one for my hard drive - these are fantastic

For those who hadn't seen it, it's a black and gold block u with a bow tie and the Deacons top hat( I think. )

ChaBobcats-SquareSig.pngBlueJaysSquareSig.png

DashSquareSig.png

Archived