ESPN U team specific logos

dwboiler

Everyone should want to see it. With UMD's 4 signature colors and rich history it easily has the most potential of any other NCAA logo. No one wants to see your little bumble bee.

U of Minnesota Duluth?

UMD = UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND TERRAPINS

I still say U of M Duluth is the real UMD U of Maryland is just UM

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone should want to see it. With UMD's 4 signature colors and rich history it easily has the most potential of any other NCAA logo. No one wants to see your little bumble bee.

U of Minnesota Duluth?

The real UMD...? Wow. That's a long shot coming from a D2 school (except hockey).

1. Maryland games are actually nationally televised (unlike D2 sports) and is always abbreviated as UMD.

2. UM is the University of Miami.

3. MD is the two letter code for the state of Maryland. Just like UVA is Virginia.

4. No one has even heard of Minnesota's satellite campuses.

UMD = "Wave high the black and gold"

U of Minnesota Duluth?

The real UMD...? Wow. That's a long shot coming from a D2 school (except hockey).

1. Maryland games are actually nationally televised (unlike D2 sports) and is always abbreviated as UMD.

3. MD is the two letter code for the state of Maryland. Just like UVA is Virginia.

I'm just givin ya a bad time, but UM = Miami of Ohio, or should at least seeing as how it was founded long before the other Miami school which oddly isnt even located in Miami city limits.... yet the school in Ohio gets stuck w/ the of Ohio designation.... makes ya think a bit

U of Minnesota Duluth?

I'm just givin ya a bad time, but UM = Miami of Ohio, or should at least seeing as how it was founded long before the other Miami school which oddly isnt even located in Miami city limits.... yet the school in Ohio gets stuck w/ the of Ohio designation.... makes ya think a bit

I don't think UM should be Miami of Ohio, since their name is "Miami University" and not "University of Miami."

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

U of Minnesota Duluth?

Maryland Terrapins helmet, 1971

Maryland_1971_hel.jpg

The St. Mary's one is lost on me. I know little about the school or it's traditions besides the name Gaels. Can anyone clarify? Thanks.

I'm with you. My Dad went to Iona, which shares the same team name, and he told me that besides being the root for the Gaelic language that it was a fraternal order of monks. The U logo looks like some sort of suit of armor/scholar thing, similar to Rutgers.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived